Team Coaches

Options
Lucy_Monroe
Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
:smile: You'll be assigned a team coach just as soon as all our Team Captains have gotten their MyFitnessPal accounts. Until then, let's chat together here!

Replies

• magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    I love romance novels - where else are you guaranteed a happy ending!! I've been on MFP almost a month and a half, and focused on living healthier for 2 1/2 months. I am up for a challenge - but be kind, I am still catching up from not working out for 3+ years!
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    *waving hello*
    Hi Lucy!

I'm just getting caught up and signed in here. Had to get the blog post going on my website today and have posted in discussions about that. :-)

I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone!

Love and light,
    Debra
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    *waving at Magoch*
    Hi Magoch!

It looks like we have one of our goals in common. I'm working toward getting off of blood pressure meds too. :-) So if I learn of anything specifically related to that, I will share it. Please do the same!

I love the My Fitness Pal app. and have been on it for 20 days. It's great for helping me balance the eating with the fitness and it's so much fun to share with friends!

There is nothing quite like the cheering messages from a friend to help keep motivation high and simply to feel good!

I think you're going to love the fitness challenge and kudos to you, for being first on this board to say hello!

Love and light,

Debra
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Welcome, Magoch...and well done on all you've already accomplished! That's the spirit! :happy:

Hugs and happy fitness efforts,
    Lucy :)

www.lucymonroe.com
  • jenifer315
    Options
    Lucy, A big thank you for putting this challenge together and a big thank you to our team captains. I am so excited to get started. I signed up with mfp yesterday. Having a support system is very imporatant and I can't wait to start this journey.

Jenny
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Thank *you* Jenny! I'm so jazzed about the RFC...hoping it helps *all* of us move forward dynamically with our health - in all aspects of our lives. :)

Mega hugs,
    Lucy
  • mybookcravings
    Options
    Hi Lucy and everybody in the group. I'm so excited about this challenge. I've been trying to loose weight for a while. I am short 4'8 and because of my height doctors says I'm not at average weight. Right now I weigh 130 a.k.a little buddha. At my height I'm supposed to be get this at 90 lbs. I joined a gym a month ago and have gone yet now I haven't had time to go. My mother had a heart attack and feel like when will i get to exercise. I read all these books I review and think to myself why can't i be like the heroine. You know beautiful, strong and confident. I'm so glad Lucy you created this group it's a good way to stay in shape and feedback.

Melinda
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy a 62 YO granny with type 2 diabetes. I live with my daughter, SIL and 8 yo grandson. I have started to control my sugar without meds (with dr approval of course). The meds seems to give me permission to eat things I know I shouldn't because my A1C is always under 7.

I had a heart transplant 12/31/09 and want to get healthy to extend the life of this precious gift that I received and to honor my donor. I need to lose at least 75 pounds, dr would say 100. I have lost 100 pounds 3 times in my life and have not been able to maintain the loss for more than a couple of years. That is my biggest fear, that I will gain it back which is worse on my heart than staying where I am.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Melinda...I hear you! You need some alternate forms of exercise that don't require going to the gym. Like walking (not my favorite I'll admit but a huge hit with most people ::g::) or exercise DVDs that have short routines on them you can do with very little time. My trainer reminded me when I started that while exercising for 30 minutes or more is *great*, your body will see the benefits of targeted exercise done for only 10 - 20 minutes as well. :) Denise Austin and Jillian Michaels both have some great short workouts, but there are also free online exercise routines and videos. :) So glad you joined!

Hugs,
    Lucy
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Hi, Kathy! Welcome! :) You *have* been given a gift and what an awesome thing for you to honor that by determining to get fit.

Hugs and best wishes on your continued *good* health!
    Lucy :)
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    Hi Lucy and fellow healthsters! I'm so excited about this fitness challenge, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I've been battling weight issues for what seems like my entire life. A couple of years ago I started to implement a healthier lifestyle and was seeing quite a bit of success when I had a foot injury which forced me to stop exercising for 6 months. Of course, without the exercise the body just would not maintain the weightloss and I ended up regaining. Which of course led to a bit of a depression and dispiriting about the whole situation. Then there were other life issues last year so it seemed like I just kept falling further and further behind.

Around October of last year I started to see alot of improvement, and I've rededicated myself to being a healthier me. As of this morning I have achieved a 42lb weightloss or according to myfitnesspal 41.9 lbs. Seriously, round up MFP! LOL However, type 2 is really predominate in my family, so it's not really a surprise that I was diagnosed Type 2 last week. I haven't really told many people. Each time it gets easier to say, but it is one of those things that some people judge about and I just can't deal with that right now. Because my parents have been Type 2 for several years I do have some support there and one of my best friends is diet controlled Type 2 so I have her for advice. So not only do I want to be a healthier me, I have a goal of being diet controlled within a year. Especially since I really hate having to take this metformin. It's difficult because I know that given the family history it isn't an issue of what I did or didn't do and my doctor says it was always going to onset at some point. I just wish that wasn't the case. Flipping genetics. ;) But, I'm staying positive and channeling my determination into the goal. So like I said, this challenge couldn't have come at a better time. :) I'm sure we're all going to see more positive change and I can't wait to see what happens in the next few months.

Hugs,
    Valerie
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Good for you Valerie! Taking back control makes all the difference and you've done that. Type II is also prevalent in my family and I've shared that I have it. I will also share that it's not always weight related and that even when it is cranky people just need to put a sock in it. ;-). We will get a handle on this and live life to the fullest! Hugs!
  • cbev100
    cbev100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! And thank you Lucy for putting this together!
    I've tried many many "diets", life changing programs, even people bribing me to lose weight but no of them worked because I never really wanted to lose weight, but when I saw this challenge I thought "how fun!"
    I've never thought of myself as 'large' until I seemed to notice that all the women at work got the women's shirts that our HR department handed out and I got the men's shirt because it covered everything up better.
    I'm 45 years old and I'm tired of being tired, and I know that the only way that I can change that is to dropped the weight.
    I can't wait to get started!
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    I'm so excited about the level of anticipation and enthusiasm everyone is expressing for the challenge! Thanks, Cbev! We are all into this together and I think that makes a huge difference! {{HUGS}}
  • MonicaBurnsAuthor
    Options
    I'm finally here. I'm still learning my way around the boards. I think I should email MFP and give them some suggestions for navigation. Like having my group link on my home page.

I'm here cuz I love Lucy and I thought hey why not try to drop a few pounds. Something I've been trying to do all my life. Weekdays I'm fine, it's the weekends that throw me out of my routine. Had a couple of backslides this week, but figure I'll be okay. Friends don't call me a pit bull for nutt'n LOL
  • GinPrice
    GinPrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree Monica! I could definitely use a tutorial. There's so much I don't know how to do yet. I'll figure it out I know, but sheesh, I didn't think I'd have to deal with the app like I deal with everything else I'm unsure of--ye ole poke-it-with-a-stick-and-see-what-happens method.

Anyway...I'm excited to be here, happy to be a captain, and happy to be getting back into a fitness routine. --Not so happy I forgot to stretch the other day before I added weights to the dance routine.

I can't wait to see how everyone does. With a support group, all things are possible. Health issues, injuries, and even fatigue can keep us all down, make our goals seem impossible. We need each other to pick up the fallen and dust their butts off before sending them back into the foray.

Here's to some butt-slappin' fun!

All my best,
    Gin
  • Piper110
    Piper110 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi All!
    My name is Tisa and I am so glad to be here, and Thank You Lucy for putting together this challenge! Just the extra motivation that I need to jump start my new body!! I have been struggling with my weight for the last 22 years. Last January I finally quit smoking, 25+ pounds later I have been smoke free for over a year and now I am ready to get my BC (before children) body back! One of the strongest motivators that I have is sexy underwear! Laugh if you will but I can not wait to be able to buy and look GOOD in some amazing sexy, underwear like you fabulous romance writers are always writing about!

I can't wait to get started with all the fun!
  • momlina
    momlina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tisa,
    My daughters are constantly harassing me about my granny panties. I'd love to loose the weight and get rid of them!