Phase 2, Week 5 and 6

Options

Replies

• sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's funny, Roander! I just finished workout 5 for the LAST time. Thankfully! I still don't have that mult-step yoga move down. The crabs are better but I still can't get my leg off the ground. I am scared to see what workout 7 has in store for us!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I only knew the yoga warmup because I've done her yoga meltdown video a couple of times. However, I don't think it stretches me out or warms me up at all! I hate that warmup actually! I'm hoping I don't hate workout 5 as much on Thursday. I wish we could all do this in a big room because the things I struggle with, I feel like everyone else has down and I am okay with the things like crabs so we could all motivate one another!! I keep telling myself, "it's almost over - you can do it! you can do it!" I think in my head, I think "ok, I only do this workout four times so I have to give it my all each time or I'll advance to the next week but won't be able to keep up because I never got this workout under my belt!" Maybe think of it that way when you feel like you're dying....... I WILL NOT STOP ON THOSE CABLE PUNCHES ON THURSDAY!!!!!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't have all the moves down! I need someone to tell me if, on those one legged squats with a fly, I'm bending at the waist or truly squatting with my knee. I really can't tell. It would be fun to have a group of people doing it together!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't have all the moves down! I need someone to tell me if, on those one legged squats with a fly, I'm bending at the waist or truly squatting with my knee. I really can't tell. It would be fun to have a group of people doing it together!

OMG I feel the same way about the one legged squats! It's sort of impossible not to bend at the waist at some point!
  • Diandra81
    Options
    I started week 6 yesterday. I actually did three workouts (5, 6, and Cardio 2). I vowed that I would not take so many breaks in between because workout 5 and cardio 2 are monsters! I feel like dying after the burpees in the cardio! I only took ONE (yay!) break for each workout....when I REALLY needed to, and it was probably a minute or less! I found that I burned more calories...I guess since my heart rate wasn't allowed to go down.

Hopefully I can continue this trend this evening!
  • Diandra81
    Options
    In workout 5, after the yoga warm up are any of you able to do all of the push-up side raise moves? I can only do about 2-3....and then I have to do modified push ups. I can't even do the second set I always do modified push-ups.

If you're able to do all, have you always had a lot of upper body strength?
  • roander
    Options
    I can do the first set, but by the time the second set rolls around, I can do all but 2. I'm on my knees by then!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did workout 5 again today. So much easier! I don't know what I was complaining it was hard. It was so great to do it! I can't wait to do workout 6 tomorrow. Keep at it!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    In workout 5, after the yoga warm up are any of you able to do all of the push-up side raise moves? I can only do about 2-3....and then I have to do modified push ups. I can't even do the second set I always do modified push-ups.

If you're able to do all, have you always had a lot of upper body strength?

i have no upper body strength and i suck at push ups, but i've been trying really hard to do them with proper form (my husband is in the army and does them so quick and beautifully - im so jealous)... however, i have found that really concentrating on my breathing and inhaling as i drop down, then exhaling deeply when pushing up. i have also found that if you use your obliques to stabilize you on the side part, it isn't as difficult. the pushup part is the hard part of that exercise for me...
  • theredcliche
    Options
    ok, what weights are you using for the lat pulls? she says to use heavy and i can get about 3 reps in with 8lb weights but i can do them all with 5. she's crazy!
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ok, what weights are you using for the lat pulls? she says to use heavy and i can get about 3 reps in with 8lb weights but i can do them all with 5. she's crazy!

I've been using 8lbs. I love that exercise!
  • CurvyTrini87
    Options
    Hey guys! What is the average calories you guys are burning with Weeks 5&6? I am still on phase 1 weeks 3&4 and was shocked to learn that I only burn 324 average (stated on my HRM), mind you I am 310LBS.
  • roander
    Options
    I'm burning an average of 300 calories each workout. I'm 5'1 and 151 pounds.
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    Moving on to # 5 today for the first time. Proud of myself for completing phase 1. Must say a little scared of what's in store after reading the posts above. Gonna stick it out though :) and see what I can accomplish. Good luck to all of you moving on to weeks 7 & 8.
  • theredcliche
    Options
    Moving on to # 5 today for the first time. Proud of myself for completing phase 1. Must say a little scared of what's in store after reading the posts above. Gonna stick it out though :) and see what I can accomplish. Good luck to all of you moving on to weeks 7 & 8.

you can do it! i did workout 5 for the third time today and while it's still challenging, it is NOT as bad as the first time i did it. the cable punches are what get me. btw, i'm burning 278 cals for workout 5.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Phase 2...Yipee! I just did workout 5 for the first time today and while it didn't seem that hard to me, I do think my triceps are about to rip out of my arms. The crabs are the worst for me because I have horrible upper body strength. Oh well, made it through. So happy to be in phase 2 now :)
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just did my first wrkout from Phase 2. Wrkout 5 man my arms are killin me but I made it thru even though I thought my arms were guna collapse. That wrkout isn't a joke.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I did workout 6 for the 2nd time the other night and I'm SORE! love it. It was the sit ups with the weights (?) that did it. And she says to use your heavy weights and I could barely do it with my 5s. I can't wait to do workout 6 again tomorrow. ;)
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options

OMG I feel the same way about the one legged squats! It's sort of impossible not to bend at the waist at some point!

Thank God...its not just me. Started workout 5 today and that was the worse exercise. If she did them earlier in the workout, I'm sure I'd be able to do them but I was so spent by that time I had a hard time just standing on one leg, nevermind trying to squat down :grumble:
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! What is the average calories you guys are burning with Weeks 5&6? I am still on phase 1 weeks 3&4 and was shocked to learn that I only burn 324 average (stated on my HRM), mind you I am 310LBS.

Thats actually an awesome burn for 30 minutes. I burned 180 today on workout 5. Which is about 40 calories more then I burned on workouts 3&4