Upcoming Races

Options

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I haven't been too active on the group since I found out I'm pregnant, but now that I'm into my 2nd trimester energy boost,

Congratulations!!

I've finished my "goal" half and am running one in April and one in May - I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for a full in June and my goal full is in October.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the pittsburgh half marathon may 6th and the pittsburgh race for the cure may 13th!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Updated racing schedule....

Mar 25th - 30K Around The Bay Race
    Apr 6th - Good Friday 5K
    Apr 29th - Waterloo 1/2 Marathon

Anyone else running the ATB next weekend?
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    4/16 - Boston Marathon
    5/12 - Tough Mudder (Pocono, PA)
    7/12 - Boilermaker 15K (Utica, NY)
    9/29 - Megatransect (Lock Haven, PA)

Fill in the rest as it comes - stubborn post-tib tendonitis draggin me down right now. But good news is ridiculous warmth in Western NY right now, so outdoor cycling season started two months early!
  • runninglucy
    runninglucy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Atlanta Color Run -4/7/12
    Dirty Girl - Atlanta - 4/28/12
    Deciding on 1/2 Marathon in the fall will maybe do Savannah Rock'nRoll again.
  • BKR1977
    BKR1977 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just completed my 100% give everything half marathon on 18-March and set a PR. It was the Shamrock Half in Virginia Beach.

Spartyka Wounded Warrior 5K on 25-March at the Ocean front again.

2-June Northface Endurance Challange in D.C. (Great Trail Race)

25-August The North Country Run in the Manistee National Forest in Michigan. (Just the Half)

That's the schedule for now. Mayb a sprint of oly tri sprinkled in. After that I wont be in the states for a couple years so the schedule is TBD.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hollywood Half Marathon - 5K (may switch to 10K)
    looking to do a half mary in May...
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I haven't been too active on the group since I found out I'm pregnant, but now that I'm into my 2nd trimester energy boost,
    I've got my next 5k March 24th
    Hoping to do the following:
    May 12th for the 'FatA$$ 5k' in Springfield, IL,
    May 19th GMS 5k at my old grade school
    and possibly the following day at the St Louis Zoo.

My first race of the year is this coming Saturday, it's the first race I don't feel pressure to beat an old time, just pressure on my bladder from Miss Miranda! I was hoping to do the 'FatA$$' but it's Mother's Day weekend and the STL Zoo won't happen either. Unless doc tells me to stop, I'm planning on a 5k next month for a school a mile away from me then the 5k in May for my old grade school.
  • emzley
    emzley Posts: 11
    Options
    25th March - Hastings Half Marathon (aiming for sub 1:30)

31st March - 5m Olympic race - I was 1 of 5000 that won a place to run a 5m race that finishes in the London Olympic stadium!

15th April - Brighton Marathon (aiming for sub 3:15 in order to qualify for elite entry for London Marathon 2013)

Happy running everyone :)
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

31st March - 5m Olympic race - I was 1 of 5000 that won a place to run a 5m race that finishes in the London Olympic stadium!

15th April - Brighton Marathon (aiming for sub 3:15 in order to qualify for elite entry for London Marathon 2013)

Based on your recent race results, 3:15 or better looks very achievable for you. Good luck!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options

Wow - those are some fantastic times you're aiming for! Brighton will be my first Marathon and my goal is 3:45 +/- 15 minutes, in other words I wont be disappointed under 4 hours and I stand a chance of hitting 3:30... my long runs have been at 8:40's and my best half is a 1:40 which puts me on track for the above. Bare in mind that I want to finish in good enough shape to do Milton Keynes marathon 2 weeks later...

The way I see it, that will give emzley 15-30 minutes to recover and get a pint in for me ;)

In all serious, anyone doing Brighton or MK Marathon who would like to meet up afterwards to celebrate, let me know.
  • dol826
    dol826 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There is a half-marathon and an 8K both coming up on 4/7. I haven't decided which one. I wasn't planning on anything longer than a 10K this spring, and the 8K entry fee is cheaper, and its closer, so I'm leaning towards the 8K. I got the itch to do another half, but I think I need more distance runs to be in better shape. The first one was just to complete it; I did so in 2:47. I'd like to come in around 2:20 this time.

So likely the 8K on 4/7.

Race fees, ugh. Now that I have more information about races in my area, I can start to bargain shop, because those fees make me hesitate to sign up.
  • emzley
    emzley Posts: 11
    Options

Wow - those are some fantastic times you're aiming for! Brighton will be my first Marathon and my goal is 3:45 +/- 15 minutes, in other words I wont be disappointed under 4 hours and I stand a chance of hitting 3:30... my long runs have been at 8:40's and my best half is a 1:40 which puts me on track for the above. Bare in mind that I want to finish in good enough shape to do Milton Keynes marathon 2 weeks later...

The way I see it, that will give emzley 15-30 minutes to recover and get a pint in for me ;)

In all serious, anyone doing Brighton or MK Marathon who would like to meet up afterwards to celebrate, let me know.

Wow, your long runs being 8:40 thats pretty good going for long runs for your first marathon! When I was training for brighton marathon last year I was probably doing about 9 min miles (I couldn't run any faster), then did sub 4 on marathon day (only by 1 min though: 3 hrs 59 ).

I'll get that well deserved pint in for you at the finish!
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Leeds Half 13th May
    Edinburgh Marathon 27th May
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Halfway to the Broad - 5m - 3/31
    Running through the Vineyards - 4/29
    philadlephia rock'n'roll half marathon - 9/16

I have printed out a marathon training schedule. When I get closer to the half, I will decide if I want to aim for another half or a full marathon in Nov.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    April 22nd Offa's Orror 20k

May 20th Denbies 10 mile

May 27th London BUPA 10k

June 23rd Wales Trail Half Marathon

July 14th Pen Y Fan Mountain Race

October 27th Snowdonia Marathon

November 17th Human Race Wildman

December 2nd The Grim

December 8th Human Race Mudman

Will be booking a few races for August / September leading up to my first Marathon.
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Rock 'n Roll 1/2 marathon September in Virginia Beach. My first ever of many!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Doing my third half marathon Saturday March 31st! I'm excited!! It will be my 2nd half this month.
  • woowoo222
    Options
    I am preparing for my first half on May 26, 2012 in Columbia Mo its the You go Girl half marathon and 5k walk/run! I am a little nervous but so excited to be apart of this. I have ran three races all of them were 5ks but I did not start running them until September 2011. So I have been working off and on during the winter and have been hitting it hard this spring. I am up to 8 miles now, sometimes I feel like I waddle lol I am a little slow but I dont care as long as I am doing it and I finish. I have also signed up for a torch run in April its 9 Miles and the Hannibal Cannibal in July which is a 10k. Good luck to all those starting out and Good luck to those with upcoming races!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I see many locals on this board :-)

This year so far I've done two Rock n' Rolls - ran the New Orleans RNR full on 3/4/12 - was by far my best and favorite course! Flat as a pancake!! I also just ran Dallas Rock n' Roll Half last week. PR'd in both races (YAY!)

My confirmed races coming up:
    Heels and Hills Half Marathon in Irving, TX May 6th
    Berlin Marathon in Germany - September 30th