JM's Meal Plan

Been doing JM's Body Revolution for 2 weeks - beginning my 3rd week tomorrow.

Is anyone following JM's Body Revolution Meal Plan? I would like to, but it seems SO restrictive and difficult to pull together at work. I also wasn't really thrilled about eating a lot of her selections.

Would love to hear from anyone who's doing it - what type of results have you had?

Replies

• mec0925
    mec0925 Posts: 12 Member
    I followed the meal plan during the kickstart almost to the T. I am finishing up my second week and following the fat burning plan as close as I can. For the items I don't have time to make or dont care for I just switch it out for something else on the plan. I am having trouble getting everything in and usually skip my snack, not sure if that is good or not but just can't seem to get it in. After my kickstart week I lost 4 pounds and can definitely see it in my body more than on the scale. I weigh in again tomorrow so we will see!! I know a lot of people are not following the meal plan but I feel there is a method to her madness so I am going to give it a try. ;0)

Hope that helps.
  • peaches2644275
    peaches2644275 Posts: 4 Member
    what do i eat b4 workouts when doing the kickstart?
  • lmloehr
    lmloehr Posts: 4
    I followed the kickstart diet and lost 7lbs the first week. I do not like the options she has after that. I am trying to use MFP to log everything and to stick to 1200 calories a day.
  • saraht23
    saraht23 Posts: 22
    Thanks guys. I really don't like the options she offers in her meal plan. Plus, I haven't had success w/ 1200 cals per day. I just can't function on those few calories. My BMR is 1550, so I'm trying to eat around 1600 cals per day. But to be honest, I'm a bit confused about all of that - I've read you should always eat above your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) but Body Revolution's plan is only 1200 cals a day. So confusing.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    I'm doing Kickstart now and am not following her plan. I do, however, eat some of them items she lists, or versions of them. For example, I regularly eat plain greek yogurt (though I add berries or banana and Go Lean Crunch cereal), guacamole, veggies and hummus and salmon. I also have a protein shake with almond milk and peanut butter every morning and it works for me (though she doesn't recommend that). I am just trying to stay between 1400-1700 and just eating within that range based on hunger. I will not be eating all of my workout calories, though I will typically eat some. I will probably try some of her recipes, but I'm not going to get crazy. 1200 calories is not good for most people, unless you are a small person and your BMR is low.

I had been eating like crap the 2-3 weeks before starting, so I was a bit "bloated" when I began; either way, since I started on Monday a.m., I've lost 4.5 lbs.

I think as long as you improve your eating and enjoy what you're eating, that's what will keep you on the right track.

Good luck!