Starting March 26th, 2012

Options
Hey guys! I am starting tomorrow, March 26th. Is there anyone else starting tomorrow?

I am 27 years old, 5'7, and 212 lbs. I would like to lose 60-70 lbs. Hoping to lose at least half of that on this program. I will be doing the kickstart next week.

Replies

• _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. =)
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I had it sent to my work, it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. It looks like they tried to deliver it yesterday...not there on Saturdays. :). I really want to do the kick start meal plan, but think I may have to wait to start on Tuesday. Either way, I should be close to on track with you.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm officially starting tomorrow with the Kickstart. I've done the first 3 workouts already (just trying them out), but I haven't officially started. I'm not exactly doing the kickstart menu, but I'll be incorporating ideas and focusing on whole foods (not processed) and eating calories 1300-1700 (MFP recommendations).

Good luck everyone!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm 40yo, 5'4", weigh 140 and want to really firm up and ideally lose 7 pounds but I'm not focusing on weight. The last time I did 2 30 day JM challenges I dropped a jeans size!

Looking forward to working hard with you guys!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm one week in, LOVE IT and wanted to wish you all GOOD LUCK!!

My one piece of advice: do NOT OVERestimate your calorie burn on the workouts! Be VERY careful if you are logging your exercise calories to eat back.

I wear a HRM for all of my workouts and my stats are age 51, 5'0", 205 pds and I burn 150 calories AT THE MOST for Workout 1,2 and Cardio 1.

It feels like more but that's what I get. I keep reminding myself that the workouts are only 30 minutes, soooo.......

Other than that, enjoy it, do your best, and remember that Jillian is a proven winner so you are in good hands!!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Got mine yesterday at 1pm! Even though 2 hours before I got it, the tracking still showed it was at the FedEx facility in Orlando.

I read through the books today and I'm going to take a sneak peak at disc 1 in a little bit. I'm going to do the kickstart although it'll be hard this week since I'm only working tomorrow with the rest of the week off. I'm sure we'll be at a few restaurants this week. But I'll do my best to stick to the kickstart food plan. Either way I'll have plenty of time to do the workouts.

I'm 44yrs old 5'1" and 155. I belong (and actually go :smile: ) to a gym and workout with a trainer once per week. He pushes me hard with circuits, strength training, HIIT, cardio, etc. Body Revolution is just what I need in addition so I can finally blast through some more flab and reach my goal! I hit my heaviest 2yrs ago and have been working on getting to a healthy weight for sooo long! I just want to be done so I can maintain.

I wear an Exerspy armband (very similar to Body Bugg they wear on BL) to track my calories burned. It's extremely accurate. As I do each of the workouts I'll post what my caloric burn was for anyone who is the same size as me to get an idea of what you're burning if you don't wear a HRM.

Good luck everyone! Let's work hard!!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just started it today as well, found it kind of easy actually and burned a little less than 200 calories (I wear HRM), but Im going to stick with it because from what Ive read it builds to get more intense. Plus I also think its because Ive done quite a few of her other DVDS
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (Sunday) so I can have Saturday as my rest day. I LOVED the workout and am planning on doing the kickstart so I did workout 1 in the morning and the cardio workout in the afternoon. The cardio really kicked my butt and this morning when I woke up I could definitely feel a difference!! I have muscles hurting that I haven't felt in years!! LOL :)
    Good luck everyone!!! Also, I love Jillian's encouragement through the workouts which helped me push myself even further!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well. I'll begin with the Kick Start workouts but not her diet program. I'm removing the fruits and grains but I'm not a fan of any of her recipes. I don't eat processed foods to begin with so I will try to stick to the 1200 calories allowed for this week and see what happens.

I'm 46, 5'9" and 183lbs. I'd like to drop 15 to 20 pounds and a few inches in the next 13 weeks. Just in time for vacation! :smile:
  • clange68
    clange68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started this morning...workout was great but I have a headache from no soda! I am doing the kickstart program and following the food plan.
  • JenTryingAgain
    Options
    I'm happy to see that several of us are starting at the same time! I look forward to following everyone's progress! I hope you all had a good day 1. Mine hasn’t been all that great as far as the diet is concerned.

I did great with prepping my food yesterday. I made a pot of the soup and chicken and separated it out into 4 Ziploc bowls for lunch, and cooked some of the turkey burgers last night so I would have a head start on dinner tonight. I also went ahead and put some almond butter in my celery and mixed up the greek yogurt with the cinnamon and almonds. I was ready! That is until I tasted that disgusting greek yogurt this morning! I don't know how anyone can eat that stuff! I even tried putting the vanilla extract in it and it was still not edible! I really didn't want to skip breakfast, and I didn't have time to cook any of the other breakfast choices, so I held my nose like I do when I have to take nasty medicine hoping that I wouldn't be able to taste it and tried to eat it. I literally started gagging about after about three bites and gave up! I ended up making me a small protein shake in my blender bottle and drank that on the way to work. At lunch, the soup tasted okay, but there was so much of it that I was only able to eat about half of it. When I started getting hungry again I tried to eat my celery and almond butter and I couldn't stand the taste of the almond butter and couldn't eat it (contrary to the evidence, I am not usually a picky eater). I ended up eating the rest of my soup when I got home from work. I have been up since 5:30 this morning, worked 8 hours, and worked out and I have only consumed around 600 calories today! It looks like I am going to have to make some modifications to the food plan or I will be losing muscle faster than I can build it! Anyway...that was my rant for the day :-)

I thought the workouts were much easier than her other workouts, but it got my heart rate up and my arms felt like jello! I'm glad that she is easing us into it, so maybe I will be more likely to stick with it ;-)
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    I started yesterday, I did well with eating...and only did Cardio 1. I set my alarm to do the workout this am, and didn't get up. I'm not a morning person at all. I already have to get up 3 hrs before I have to be at work to get kids ready for school. So, needless to say early morning workout is not going to work for me. I think I will just do both in the evening. As for breakfast this am...greek yogurt = barf. It is so bitter, I am having to choke it down. Looks like the eggs, it will be. I haven't looked at the 90 day meal plan yet, but I hope the breakfast gets a little better.
  • clange68
    Options
    I to do not like Greek yogart so I mixed it half and half with my organic vanille yogart and with the cin. and almonds could eat it. I read some where to do this and just slowly increase the amount of greek yogart and you will be able to make the switch. It is better for us but I am with you it taste really bad right now.
  • clange68
    Options
    Day 2 I am not a morning person at all. I love to sleep in and I know that I will not get up an hour early to workout before work so this week I am just doing both workouts after I get home. I may change once school lets out for the summer and I can get up when I want not when my alarm says I have too. I had the turkey burger and carrots and brussel sprouts for dinner last night and I can say I really liked it. I also took my measurements last night and was so disappointed with myself, I just can't believe I let myself go to this point.

I am so happy that there are others starting this at the same time hopefully we can keep each other going.

Be strong!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Just got mine in the mail today! Question is whether to start it this week or wait until next Monday??? The plan seems to be on a Monday to Monday schedule.

How are you all experiencing the first week??

Tammy
  • JenTryingAgain
    Options
    Day 2 is done :) I thought that workout 2 was harder than 1. That first circuit had my lower back screeeeeaaaaming:sad: !! My chest, triceps, and inner thighs were pretty sore today, but it felt good to feel like I had done something :tongue:

twooliver-I think that it's okay to start any day as long as you had the food and weights that you needed to get started. Good luck to you!

I have been doing both workouts in the evening also. I set my alarm to get up early but it hasen't happened yet...
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me, plan to make up 2 cardio sessions this week by doing 60 mins on Sat and Sun along with the circuit DVD.
    I committed to 2x week Pilates reformer class before I decided to do BR so I'm trying to figure out when I'll fit those I'm each week,too. I've been doing Chalean Extreme, Pilates and cardio and I forgot what a drill Sargent JM is. The weather has been good where I live so I'm subbing brisk walking (30 min)for the cardio DVD.

Hope everyone is liking the program so far!
  • angiemain99
    angiemain99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday and am getting ready to do Cardio 1. I've done it before so I know it's a killer. I've been walking 30 minutes with my son on top of JMBR and am pretty sore. I'm enjoying the program so far :wink:
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got up early Monday morning and took my measurements and before pics. I did workout 1 and was disappointed to see my calorie burn was a whopping..... 95 cals :mad: But, it was pretty much all strength training with very little cardio. I should have looked around to see what size hand weights I had on Sunday so I could've been better prepared. By the time I found them in the garage I realized I only had 3 lb weights and it was too late to go to Walmart. So that's what I used but I did follow what Omar was doing and used the weights the entire time. Although my weights weren't as heavy as what I'm used to, I did feel some soreness Tuesday. I ended up working 12 hours Monday trying to tie things up since I'm out of the office the rest of the week so needless to say, cardio 1 wasn't on my agenda when I finally got home.

I didn't get to do workout 2 or cardio 1 yesterday but wasn't worried since I have a Tue night session with a trainer (burned 348 cals in 1 hour). Although I'll still do the workouts on Tuesday's before work going forward.

I just finished cardio 1 and was happy to see that I burned 198 cals in 30 mins! I'll make sure I do it again tonight.

Overall I enjoy the workouts so far and I really like her attitude in them! I'm going to buy 8 and 10 lb weights today and stock up on some groceries. I'm with the rest of you on the plain Greek yogurt with just cinnamon and almonds! Nasty! I've been eating Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit. A 6oz container has about 160 cals and 14g of protein. Add in a few almonds and you're up to the calorie count of her recipe and at least you can enjoy eating it!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes! Hi everyone. I started on 3/26 as well. I just signed up to myfitnesspal and I'm so very happy that I have a group of folks who are "on the same page," so to speak.
    I'm going to chart progress by the way my clothes fit and how well I manage cardio (at least for a while). I don't know what I weigh now. Psychologically, I cannot deal with seeing those numbers.
    I am using 3 lb. weights week one, but will probably go a little heavier next week, etc.
    Doing the kickstart and must say the meals are more varied than the SouthBeach Diet, so I'm a happy camper in that department.

We should start a group called "I Hate Running Man." Ugh, I yell right back at Jillian during those.

I can't wait to start hearing what everyone is achieving. Good luck everyone