Wings?

Options
CallieM15
CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
Do you guys have any idea what resuraunts sell low carb wings? I have an intense craving for a week now for wings... Every place ive though of breads thier wings. I want just a good batch or dry rubbed wings....

OR

Ive looked around to mkae them myself but I also cant find JUST raw wings.... its always thighs and breasts included and I really want a mass quanity of wings to feed the boyfriend and I....

Replies

• GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind them being frozen, I always see bags of plain frozen wings next to the chicken nuggets and stuff in the frozen food section.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I get huge bags of plain raw wings from Costco. I then deep fry them in beef tallow and then coat them with homemade low carb barbeque sauce or a mayo/cheese/garlic spread that melts wonderfully.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would ask at your grocery store if they have them... seems odd that they would have the other parts but no wings :noway:

I deep fry my wings (no breading or coating of any kind) - then coat in buffalo sauce (I currently buy this, but need to work on creating my own recipe) - then throw them on the grill... YUM!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends who is super strict (like 20g carbs or fewer per day, indefinitely) always has wings in his diary. Both BW3 and Firehouse have "naked wings." He gets just the naked at Firehouse but "Parmesan Garlic" sauce as BW3.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I get these from Sam's. They are already seasoned and are 8 carbs for about 10 wings.

http://www.tyson.com/Products/Buffalo-Style-Flavored-Chicken-Wings-3-lb-bag.aspx
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wingstop. Stick to traditional bone-in wings with Buffalo, Lemon Pepper, Mild, or Parmesan Garlic. They fry bone-in wings without breading, just watch out for sugary sauces like Teriyaki and Hawaiin etc. Complete with a side of celery sticks instead of fries. Not sure if there's one in your area though....
  • NannetteAdams
    NannetteAdams Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Tyson Any'tizers Buffalo Style Hot Wings. Can be found in frozen section in grocery. Pizza Hut also sells wings...Traditional All American has 0 carbs, and the buffalo wings have 8 carbs per serving. http://www.pizzahut.com/nutritionwings.html I love wings!! :)
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wingstop. Stick to traditional bone-in wings with Buffalo, Lemon Pepper, Mild, or Parmesan Garlic. They fry bone-in wings without breading, just watch out for sugary sauces like Teriyaki and Hawaiin etc. Complete with a side of celery sticks instead of fries. Not sure if there's one in your area though....

they fry it in soy oil too
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I have half a kilo of fresh wings at least 3 times a week...1500 calories of tastiness...Rubbed in 5 different spices and roast on a drip tray for 30 mins...Mmmmmm..
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I found wings frozen in my freezer section yesterday. I found a wing sauce (Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce) that says 0 carbs for 1 tbsp, but I suspect its probably more like >1 (Yes I stood in the store and read the label on EVERY bottle). I haven't made them yet, but I'll probably deep fry with no coating and then toss in the sauce. I am NOT a fan of bleu cheese, so I always have ranch - and Hidden Valley Ranch has a bacon ranch that is only 1 carb per 2 tbsp serving. I think the risk here is the calories instead of the carbs, so I'll have these as a treat maybe next Friday night; probably with a salad or something.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I found wings frozen in my freezer section yesterday. I found a wing sauce (Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce) that says 0 carbs for 1 tbsp, but I suspect its probably more like >1 (Yes I stood in the store and read the label on EVERY bottle). I haven't made them yet, but I'll probably deep fry with no coating and then toss in the sauce. I am NOT a fan of bleu cheese, so I always have ranch - and Hidden Valley Ranch has a bacon ranch that is only 1 carb per 2 tbsp serving. I think the risk here is the calories instead of the carbs, so I'll have these as a treat maybe next Friday night; probably with a salad or something.

LOVE Frank's Hot Sauce. However, I retain SO much water when I eat it. :-)
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love wings! No one really does them in the UK (Unless anyone knows a good place?)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind them being frozen, I always see bags of plain frozen wings next to the chicken nuggets and stuff in the frozen food section.

Those are packed with sodium and nitrates - they are definitely not a good option.

To the OP: I dont know where you reside however, if you have a local wholesale club like Sams or BJ's, or even a local farm... you can easily purchase raw bulk chicken wings.

Just keep in mind though - chicken is carb free, its what you coat them with that isnt always the case.... I do make my own marinades as I feel very passionate about keeping things fresh as possible - especially having to adopt a low-carb approach from a medical requirement.