Pants that fit!

Options

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Ultra Talls from JCPenneys. Yes, they are a little bit too long if you don't wear heels, but I like it that way. Last week I put on one of those UT pair that I have finally gotten back into, stepped into a pair of heels, and was surprised when a friend said, "Looks like you are wearing your skinny jeans". LOL, Yes, don't I wish!
  • andigurl513
    Options
    Jeans from The Buckle or evanity.com (the brick and mortar store is called Vanity, but they don't have stores here in the west, just in Middle America).
    Dress pants from NY & Company.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor and LOFT actually carry Talls that fit me and I'm 6'1" with longer legs and a short torso. :) I was so excited when I bought some put them on for the first time and they fit! The only downside is that they are only online and the stores don't carry them :/

I usually get my jeans from Lane Bryant but going to try Dots on Saturday to see if they have any that may fit :x
  • marciasauls
    marciasauls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I buy almost all my pants from Old Navy. My daughter (who is 6'2") likes the dress pants at NY & Co. and jeans from Alloy.com. I find the Alloy jeans to be a little too small - they're junior cut, but LONG.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I generally get my pants from Lane Bryant (I have very long legs), but I am eager to be able to shop in a wider variety of stores.

I've also been happy with the tall/long pants that I've bought at torrid.com. In store it is hit or miss what they have in long, but they can order for you and do free shipping.
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My pants mostly come from NY & Co...I sometimes get jeans at Torrid.
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hybrid shop now.

Lane Bryant - I have gotten pants there that I like that have a cuff and taken the cuff out and re-hemmed the pants to make them longer. I have a pair on now that are wide legs. I wear them once a week these days because they are versitile and comfortable.

Gap - At one point Gap carried x-longs in 18 and 20 and I have a few residual pairs from them.

Long Elegant Legs - The pair of jeans I currently live in is from there.

Long Tall Sally - Awesome brand that bought out Tall Girl. At times I find their clearance section on the website very consumer unfriendly. But they do have pop up shops, one coming to Chicago next month.

NY&CO - I have a few pairs from here that I adore, but their sizing is weird. One style will fit fine and another will be tight, both the same size.

JCP - I have two pairs of Ultra Tall St. John's Bay pants that I love.

I have also had some good luck at Good Will in my area. There must be some tall ladies living in the western suburbs of Chicago here! Lol.

Shirts are another story. I have troubles finding dress shirts that will stay tucked in.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I only buy jeans from Express <3
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Levis have a few 36-38 inch options, which I like. I usually can wear a regular long without repercussions at 5'11.

I really just came to say that Amazon sells these "Bella Full Length" yoga pants that thrill me to death. I have them in 3 colors now, and they're just perfect for all of my workout needs. lol.
  • wanitah1
    wanitah1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get my Jeans from Long Elegant Legs or Levi's
  • pangsofbeauty
    Options
    I used to be an avid buckle shopper
    I ONLY bought silvers
    But I discovered express
    They have longs and their jeans are always
    Big one get one have off and you can use coupons
    Waaaaay more affordable than the buckle

And express yoga pants are long enough for me
    And I've nvr found ANY that we're long enough!
  • pangsofbeauty
    Options
    All my jeans are express!
    But I AM a full time manager there lol

Friend add?
  • pangsofbeauty
    Options
    The only time I really have a problem with the length of pants is when it comes to workout pants (weird).

I'm 5'11

Express yoga pants are long enough for me :)
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    - The only place I buy jeans from is the Buckle. They carry long inseam up to 37 1/2.
    - For dress pants, Gap online or New York and Company.
    - Comfy pants I LOVE Victoria's Secret yoga pants but the longs have to be ordered off their website.

I'm 6' with an inseam of 36" or so

I also like the tall velour pants/hoodie from Vicky's! Unfortunately, they no longer fit me. I love Lane Bryant's tall dress pants, Houston style. Jeans are ALWAYS an issue. I can't pay $75 for a pair of Silvers, because I'm always "sure" I'll lose weight, and it'll be a waste of money. (*gulp*) I love summer, when flowy skirts, and capri pants are my best friend!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Gap "long and lean" jeans

American Eagle" favorite boyfriend" are my fav

Silver Jeans "tuesday".. fit so perfect also sold at the Buckle and some department stores.
  • ILoveBrownies2
    ILoveBrownies2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love cropped pants! They look so much better on tall girls with long legs :)
  • beije24
    beije24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    7 For All Mankind Jeans come in LOADS of different lengths....my favourite pair of jeans are these.

When I'm a little more strapped for cash www.tallgirls.co.uk do some really nice styles - their Premium Denim is lovely. They do come up quite big though so order a size down.
    I just checked out the tallgirls site. Thanks!! I'll use a converter to figure out what it would be to exchange US dollars, but this is a big help considering I normally have to buy larger sizes to get the length I want.
    Another place is Kohl's SO jeans. They have sales quite often so the long jeans will only be $19.99!!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    lots of good suggestions. Also check out Vanity (evanity online) - it looks like a little teenybopper store at the mall but their jeans are fantastic. Low rise, trendy washes and lots of great inseams (up to 37"). I'm 5'9" and need a 34" inseam for flats and buy 36" inseams to wear with heeled shoes.
  • carachel2
    carachel2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Chiming in late but hopefully someone will read this. I've learned to put out the $$ for good fitting jean. Old Navy and other cheapies absolutely do not fit well and do not wash well.

I am 5"10 and LOVE the "Blanc" fit at White House, Black Market. They come in tall sizes and are just perfect and can also usually be found on sale. Nordstrom also carries a brand called "Kut from the kloth." They usually run about 80 or so and have a smidge more bling and stitching if you like a darker more designer look.
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ooh. I love to share shopping tips. First, New York and Co has a long size that they sell in the store that is very long. I am 5"10, and have to wear high heels to keep them from dragging on the floor,

Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy all sell lots of tall sizes online that they don't carry in their stores. Dresses are longer in the torso as well as longer length, jackets have bigger arm openings and the "waist" is lower in addition to having longer arms, pants are longer (usually again SO very long on me), etc). If you buy online and they don't fit, you can return to the store. I buy all my jackets and ts from them. Eddie Bauer also sells some tall sizes online, but there I find the arm holes to be to small.

My jeans are from Michael Kors. I got them at the outlet, where they have different inseam lengths, and they all seemed ridiculously long.

And for those of you who are VERY tall, the online/catalog store Long Tall Sally has lots of options. Again, at 5'10, these are usually WAY too long for me. Meant really for those of you in the 6 feet and up range. Hope that helps!