CT Summer Meet-up... Suggestions....

Options
Glovesave3373
Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
Ok... people... time to start the ball rolling in coordinating our first annual MFP - CT Group Get together.

I'm thinking first one should be in a public place and centrally located... thank god this state isn't large and our capital is pretty much centrally located.

Any suggestions as to maybe a park or some nice place outside we all could meet up for a little HEALTHY BBQ and get to know our MFP friends and families.

READY... AND... GO!!!!! SUGGEST AWAY.....

Replies

• NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    a small hike sounds fun BBQ afterwards .... I am not from upstate but Lake Mohegan is a good place if anyone else have any other ideas jump in !!!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    middletown is centrally located. wadsworth falls has a beautiful beach/bbq area and then great hiking trails to the waterfalls. just a suggestion!

i grew up in FFLD so I know Lake Mohegan is a great spot too!
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    middletown is centrally located. wadsworth falls has a beautiful beach/bbq area and then great hiking trails to the waterfalls. just a suggestion!

I was going to suggest Wadsworth Falls State Park also.. beautiful beach and picnic area with great hiking trails.
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this idea of meeting up. I've only lived in CT for a couple of years and don't know my way around so I can't make any suggestions. I think it is a cool idea though.
  • Glovesave3373
    Options

Sounds like a nice place.. and agree it is centrally located... Parking is $9 just so everyone knows.... and I think the planning has begin....

All in favor of Wadsworth Falls State Park say... Aye!!! All apose.... (BETTER NOT BE ANY.... ;) ) Nay!!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this idea of meeting up. I've only lived in CT for a couple of years and don't know my way around so I can't make any suggestions. I think it is a cool idea though.

Agreed! I don't know much about the state, either. Wadsworth Falls sounds good to me. Holy crow, hoping I'm not the only person just starting out on this journey. Looking at a few of the pics from posters to this thread, it looks like a lot of you are a lot more fit than I am.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Wadsworth falls looks like a great idea!
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    Aye!
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    Also, we will be on vacation July 28th-August 4, so if it's possible to not do those days, that would be great! :)
  • dancingnancies
    Options
    AYE!!!!!! I am going to be on vaca the first week of July so let's not do it that week too :)
  • Glovesave3373
    Options
    Votes to be take for Saturday July 14th or the 21st, Say 11:00 to 4:00PM or whenever people wanna leave or don't wanna leave.

Get the date down and then start on the great food ideas, and possible activities (at least for the kiddo's). I'm not familiar with the Falls and what they have to offer. But I'm sure someone had a volleyball and net, soccer ball or frisbee. Maybe someone who is experienced with the park and it's trails could organize a walk of some type..... when I was in Germany we would do Volksmarchs and several hundred people would go on these walks that are basically a 5k and then have a huge festival at the end. Little early for a full blown festival, but hey a man can dream right. :)

Ok.. looks like we are on our way.... so send in your votes. I say 1 week and we will add up the votes for a day...

I'll start and say.... July 14.... 1 VOTE
  • Jackiales
    Jackiales Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you CT for being responsive! My vote is for Saturday July 14th as well. I have a Big League Kickball & can bring it! Also I love Hiking, Swiming, 5k's and frisbee. Once the date is down I wouldn't mind coordnating the potluck signups.
  • Cadbury611
    Options
    July 14th sounds really great. Me and my husband are in :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

Agreed! I don't know much about the state, either. Wadsworth Falls sounds good to me. Holy crow, hoping I'm not the only person just starting out on this journey. Looking at a few of the pics from posters to this thread, it looks like a lot of you are a lot more fit than I am.

i have been here but just re starting so i have not lost anything yet lmao

I cant make it in july but next time we do a meet up i am up for it!
  • dancingnancies
    Options
    i vote for july 14th! i know the falls really well. i wouldn't mind setting up a hike to either the big or little falls. the hike to the big falls is pretty long, but the falls are beautiful.

please let me know what i can do!
  • Glovesave3373
    Options
    Come on group..... need a few more votes... so far only 4 votes... but it appears July 14th is looking strong.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I vote for July 14th as well
  • VioletDiva
    Options
    July 14th would work with my schedule. I look forward to meeting people.
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    July 14th works for me!
  • Glovesave3373
    Options
    Ok... so we have a date... July 14th and a place... Wadsworth Falls.
    Time - TBD
    Directions and such to follow.

Now to the delegation of duties.....

Jackiales - Food/Potluck Coordinator. I will continue to give you numbers updates so we stay on top of how much we may need. Also if possible healthy choices or healtier choices as some of the MFPers here are on here to learn more about eating healthy and what is a better choice and why. But if we all bust our buts on the hikes or other potential games we may indulge is a Chicken Dog or Turkey Burger right... ;)

DancingNancies - You can coordinate the hike or hikes... figure out the distance and possible times it would take to complete it.

I was thinking maybe some type of other games like Ultimate frisbee, volleyball, kickball as suggested by Jackiales. Any takers on coordinating games? I could do the adult games is someone would like to coordinate the kids games.... like water ballon toss, 3 legged race, sack race or the egg on the spoon thing.... ???? Fun stuff.

Also for those coming if you wouldn't mind just give me a total in your posse.... like for me will be 2 Adults 2 Children (2, 6 months)... thanks...

See you all in a few months.