And his name is....................................

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Jason.

He was there early. I did my work out but cut it short because my knee was hurting me so I ended up at the weight room to do my upper body, with him. Today there were 2 other guys there and they kept talking to him. :explode: They were totally **** blocking me! Anyway, he NEVER talks to anybody and all of a sudden he's all friendly with the guys.

He goes out to the gym. I'm in the weight room wishing the stupid guys would leave. Finally just he comes in and he has no earphones so I jump on it.

By the way, I wore my rainbow tube socks and I swear those socks give me some powers or confidence because I had no problem whatsoever.

Here was the conversation:

He starts... "Hi, how are you doing?"
"Good, how are you?"
"I'm good".
"Hey so, I was wondering, what's your name.. we're always running into each other"
"I'm Jason (he comes closer and shakes my hand).
"I"m Diana, nice to meet you"
I say, "So speaking of rap the other day... guess who I'm going to see tomorrow?"
"Who are you going to see?"
"Bone Thugs N Harmony!! I'm so excited"
He says "wow, they're still around. that's awesome!! Aren't they super old now??"
"Well there's only 2 of them.."
He says "what did the others die? haha"

So we go back and forth on them and on other music.

He asks me who I was going with and to be safe. He said he doesn't really go to shows like that although he likes rap and all. I ask him how old he is.

"30, well I just turned 30".
"Ooooh" (I said it in a teasing manner)
"Oooh?? What does that mean?" (he laughed)
"Well I'm 32 so I'm older"
"Oh no you're good. Do you feel 32? You're in here everyday and you don't look it" he says.
I agreed with him.

We talk more about music and about how he knows the venue I'm going to. He was invited there as one of his friends knew the owner but he didn't get to go.

I made a couple of jokes here and there, he laughed.

Then the old guy comes in and asks him if he was done using the machine... :mad: :mad: Jason said no, he had 1 more set and he asks old guy if he needed machine. Old guy says yeah but that he'll wait and so he tells me "I better go finish up this set... well have fun tomorrow Diana" and shakes my hand again.

He cames back in later and I'm heading out and he asked if I was leaving which I tell him yes and how my knee was bothering me... he said "awww I know how that feels".

:ohwell:

No, are you married? Wanna go out?? Wanna marry me?

Blah.

He did seem like he wanted to keep talking to me until dumbass came in and interrupted. He also kept getting phone calls and pushing ignore until finally he picked up after telling me he didn't know who this was and he told the caller "you have the wrong number" and came back to conversation. He looked like he was trying to think of things to say to me.

I chickened out asking if he was married. I KNOW I KNOW but by now the idiot needs to know I'm f'ing interested. I'm not pushing it anymore.

I'm glad we talked. I know his name but yeah... I'm not going any further.

I looked cute too. I even took a picture because I thought I looked good lol. He kept looking at my socks. HAHA.

Don't I just look precious????

He can go to hell. Yeah I'm grumpy. :grumble: I think he's married.. or not interested. Whatever.

imjustagirl.jpg

Replies

• La_Amazona
    Options
    Oh on another note, my girl date was splendid.

We had a couple of beers, laughed, shared backgrounds. She's awesome.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    glad you finally asked his name...and yes you were super cute!

He doesn't sound "not interested" just shy
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Hmm he seemed pretty confident to me.

Maybe he's married. DAMNIT. I needed to ask him that. :sad:

At least now next time I see him (I assume Thursday as usual) he will ask me about the concert...

Men are pissing me off lately. :mad:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I put a picture up because hell I might as well try to get a date on here...

(why am I so pissy???)

Meow, hiss!
  • timnca03
    timnca03 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love the socks.....and its progress.....guess well see where it goes next time!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yay! You know his name. I guess you guys are taking baby steps in your relationship or friendship. Hopefully, next time you'll know his status. Thirty is not a bad age! Didn't you think he was in his early twenties?

I think he sounds interested, but that phone thing seems weird.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    yeah i thought he was younger up until he had 2 kids with him.. then i figured he was late 20's, early 30's.
    his phone had a text once then like 2 minutes later a call.. which he excused himself and told me sorry and to hold on. it didn't seem strange...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with baby steps... if it works out you'll have the rest of your lives together...what's a few weeks to overcome shyness, lol!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I put a picture up because hell I might as well try to get a date on here...

(why am I so pissy???)

Meow, hiss!
    You rock in your socks! :wink:

My workout apparel is fugly.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It was your first actual conversation with the guy and only just found out his name,don`t expect him to ask you out that quickly.
    Remember,this is the first time you have actually shown him any attention or interest.
    Your day dreams don`t count. :laugh:

When he asked who you were going with to the show what was your answer?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good long conversation. Why do women want to read so much into something? It's 2012. If you want to go out with him, ask him out.

PS, good night kiss after the girl date?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Um... just relax. Sometimes men have to be hit over the head with something in order for them to realize that a woman is interested. Like you said, by now he has figured it out. Give him a chance to process this information.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

He did seem like he wanted to keep talking to me until dumbass came in and interrupted. He also kept getting phone calls and pushing ignore until finally he picked up after telling me he didn't know who this was and he told the caller "you have the wrong number" and came back to conversation. He looked like he was trying to think of things to say to me.

I chickened out asking if he was married. I KNOW I KNOW but by now the idiot needs to know I'm f'ing interested. I'm not pushing it anymore.

I'm glad we talked. I know his name but yeah... I'm not going any further.

I looked cute too. I even took a picture because I thought I looked good lol. He kept looking at my socks. HAHA.

Don't I just look precious????

He can go to hell. Yeah I'm grumpy. :grumble: I think he's married.. or not interested. Whatever.

OMG!! This is all GREAT news!! The guy definitely wanted to talk to you. I know what you mean about wanting him to ask you out. But that's just an impatient woman thing!! :laugh: As the guys are saying, they dont just jump in that quick!! Unless they are casanova types, most guys will test the water first! Dont forget he doesnt know YOUR relationship status yet!! And possibly is shy to ask :wink:

I would have asked him about the kids ! Because that convo may have led to the mother and his relationship status!!

You could be right, he may well be shacked up. But you could be wrong too!! FIND OUT!!! :love:

And you look gorgeous in your shorts and sox!! :flowerforyou:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Great job on finding out his name...and chatting it up :)

Just think.....he could be on some other site asking/wondering how to talk to the cute girl that seems like she "might be interested"........
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great job finding out his name. It seemed to me he was working up a chance to ask more but the old guy c*ck blocked him.

You have opened the gates for commuincation between you two so next time you can find out marital status. Ask about the kids or something.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Women do tend to over-analyze way too much, I am severely guilty of that.

And, I have to say that I am way too invested in your dating escapades. lol I am obviously living vicariously. ;)
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I'm so funny.
    I got home last night after a few beers and apparently wasn't in a good mood. I'm feeling frustrated lately, ahem. I'll survive.

I'm very proud of myself for finally talking. I was sooo nervous when I first saw him in there because I knew it meant chatting him up but once I got going it was easy peasy. I was a bit sarcastic with some jokes and not sure if he got them or thought I was dumb. Eh.

He's a cutie for sure. And his smile... :blushing:

But he could be totally married, gf or not interested. My friend told me to just think of him as most likely married and just TALK to him and see what he says.

Now that we officially talked, next time will be a bit easier. I wanted to bring up his kids so bad but couldn't figure out how to during a rap conversation haha. But if he's only 30 and at the least has 2 kids??? Hmm, maybe it's best he's married!

OLD GUY SUCKS. Seriously, he just stood there like a moron and Jason looked torn but in the end chose the machine over me. :cry:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    It was your first actual conversation with the guy and only just found out his name,don`t expect him to ask you out that quickly.
    Remember,this is the first time you have actually shown him any attention or interest.

Hehe, well it got awkward here because I got nervous when he asked. I didn't know if he was implying something or what.. not to mention I'm going with friend lover so I was caught off guard.
    I just said "uh a friend" and then he waited for a bit like I was going to say more but then I said it again "just a friend" and he just said "ooh okay, well good. be safe."
    Then I wanted to impress him and act tough (um) so I told him, if friend wasn't going to go, I would have went by myself. He thought that was hilarious. :ohwell: I totally would had!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Hehe, well it got awkward here because I got nervous when he asked. I didn't know if he was implying something or what.. not to mention I'm going with friend lover so I was caught off guard.
    I just said "uh a friend" and then he waited for a bit like I was going to say more but then I said it again "just a friend" and he just said "ooh okay, well good. be safe."
    Then I wanted to impress him and act tough (um) so I told him, if friend wasn't going to go, I would have went by myself. He thought that was hilarious. :ohwell: I totally would had!

May not have been the answer he was looking for. Are you sure he doesn't know about friend-lover? Are you sure that they aren't already friends?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    NO KISS at the end of my girly date!!!