Support in Rochester!

Options

Replies

• PamelaKeebler
    PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I might have to look into that Tuesday night spinning class.... but then I'd have to choose between spinning and Susan. I'll pretty much always pick Susah. haha :)

One day, though.... might have to cave and try spinning.

We ladies should have a gym date sometime soon and meet up! It'd be cool to put faces and real people with names!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm going to spinning tonight, but at Greece women's with Lisa. If I'm going to the gym straight from work, I got to Pittsford, they have those new bikes which are nice! Except that they show how long you've been on so I watch that and mentally count down until class is over.

I haven't been able to try Zumba yet, I'm not a dancer, but I hear it's a good workout, and I always like the music I hear coming from the aerobics room!
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A gym date sounds great! I'm coming back from vacation at the end of this weekend, so I'm free any time after that.

I used to go to Zumba back when I was a member of the Ballys in Henrietta, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. I think it's because I'm used to choreographed dance and Zumba doesn't typically go through all the moves with you first...you just go along with it. Some people absolutely love it, though, so let me know what you think! :)
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im from Rochester! Just started c2 5k. Never been a runner.
  • htimpaired
    Options
    Welcome beaglenutty! I tried to do C25k, but once I got to the week where you had to run five minutes in a row, I gave up. I'm horrible at running....
  • GCNerd
    Options
    I've never done C25K, but isn't that close to week 6? You were so close! Don't give up! I used to hate running with a passion, but lately, I've been doing 2 miles as a warm-up before going to the gym. It gets easier :)
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Its a 9 week program and Im only on day three. Not sure how I will do when I have to run more lol
  • GCNerd
    Options
    You might surprise yourself! In the past, I wouldn't be able to run more than a couple of minutes, but today, I ran for 50 minutes without stopping.

Yes, it was slow and I only went 3.8 miles in those 50 minutes, but it's a huge improvement!
  • htimpaired
    Options
    Question to the RAC members-have any of you ever taken a Cardio Fusion class and if so, what did you think? I'm always wanting to try new classes but I don't know if this one will be challenging?
  • PamelaKeebler
    PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The only class I've ever taken is Pilates, because as a rule I really dislike classes. hehe. Good luck! :)
  • GCNerd
    Options
    I'm honestly terrified of any class with the word 'cardio' in it. I bet it's fun for people who enjoy having their heart race a mile a minute, but I don't know if it's right for me ;)
  • sscott79
    sscott79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone else doing Urban FIT through Fleet Feet?
  • Robobad
    Robobad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery in December and lost over 100 lbs already. I started running last month and injured my knee permanently. I asked the Ortho Surgeon when I would be able to run again and he said "Find a new sport Robert". I do like biking and spinning classes. I will be bale to those after my surgery. Any suggestions? What classes are low impact?
  • htimpaired
    Options
    Wow, first off congrats on the weight loss. Sorry about your knee though. I would ask your doctor, but I wonder if using an elliptical might work since you don't pound on your feet like you do when you run. Also the stairclimber? And of course spinning classes would be great.
  • htimpaired
    Options
    Hey RAC peeps, anyone going to try those new RIPT classes? They sound intriguing. My bootcamp instructor yesterday was crazy, so i figure if I can survive a class with her, maybe i can survive RIPT. hmmm...
  • GCNerd
    Options
    What's RIPT? I haven't seen anything posted about it at the Pittsford RAC...
  • htimpaired
    Options
    It just started this week, it stands for Radically Intense Physical training. They have variations like RIPT and Cut, RIPT and Kick....some form of high intensity interval training. They have them at all five gyms.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    sounds like a spin on the P90X/Insanity series?
  • htimpaired
    Options
    Yea I suspect that. I think it's something they came up with specific to the clubs, but I saw a video of it on their Facebook page last night and it's alot of bootcamp type stuff-burpies, running w/ high knees, you know...
  • GCNerd
    Options
    I saw a huge line-up for RIPT & CUT on Thursday night when I was going for Pilates. It's intimidating to me that they all look really fit and the sign describing the workout said that 'prior physical conditioning is necessary before taking this class'. :noway: