Starts Monday AM april 2nd, you ready?

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
we start in the Morning! you must commit to to this till april 28th ! you can do it! :)

Replies

• marlakayallen
    marlakayallen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel desperate now because it has been a year of being on MFP and have only lost 38 lbs. I'm not quitting by any means but feel like it is coming off so slowly. So when I saw this, it may be a good addition to the lose 5 lbs in April. I'm gonna try it and hope it will help me stay focused on what I'm eating. Here's to NO SUGAR!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this! No added sugars was pretty easy at first, now I find a bite here or there creeping back in. I want to remain focused and conscious about any sugar I eat. Further, I want no added sugar for this whole month! How about you?
  • Imahealthyvegan
    Imahealthyvegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS AMY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS BEEN VERY SLOW, BUT THE GOOD THING ABOUT IT NOT BEING SUPER FAST, IS THAT IT HAS BEEN FAR MORE STABLE, WHAT I MEAN IS THAT IT TOOK ME THREE YEARS TO LOSE 65 POUNDS, AND I HAVE NOT LOST ANY MORE , SADLY SINCE FEB OF 2011 BUT I HAVE ALSO NOT GAINED ANY BACK, AND I HAVENT ALWAYS BEEN ON MY" BEST BEHAVIOR" SO HANG IN THERE, AND IT IS ALWAYS HELPFUL TO VENT LIKE YOU DID ON THIS PAGE MFP. TTFN
  • 9patricia9
    Options
    I have done the no sugar thing before and lost 10 punds pretty easily.....I just need to get going today. I just happened to start back again when I saw this group! Must be the right time!!
  • Jstewartdesigns
    Jstewartdesigns Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Boy, I'd sure like to give this challenge a try. The NO alcohol is going to be the biggie for me but I know that's what I need to do to lose this weight!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I had been doing really well with no sugar...but over time have let it slip back into my diet more than I would like. So this will be a great thing for me. Alcohol or pop is not an issue for me..so I will rather decrease my salt intake.
  • sherrib3rry
    Options
    By no added sugar do you mean like don't eat cookies, sweets, soda and etc..?

Or do I need to regulate the amount of sugar in my meals? Is there a particular diet I guess is what Im asking! :-)
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm in! Started "no sugar" a few months ago, but have stalled on the weight loss front. Going to sit down today and figure out where I might have some hidden sugar leaching in my diet. Defiantly need the inspiration again.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I will commit to this (starting tomorrow). I've had coffee with Splenda and creamer this morning and a soda. I want and need this though. I'm maintaining a weight of 192lbs and this is unacceptable. I'm not the person I want to be and I need help getting there!
  • jacksof
    jacksof Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in!!!....I'll be 40yrs young :-) in May, I've started this weight loss program @ the end of Jan, and I lost 11lbs so far.
    I have 9lbs to go, this group should help me reach my 20lb mark.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I need this bad!!! I have been at a stand still for awhile. Exercising alot but kind of taking weekends off...not eating the way I use to, fast food and binging, but for sure some wine which for me leads to snacking...good snacks , but boy the calories add up quick!!

I completed my first Warrior Dash on saturday and will be in the Survivor Mud run on the 21st!!! I need to focus and start losing again. I have about 15 pounds to go!!

I am looking forward to sharing ideas...since I have noticed how much sugar is in alot of foods I eat such as fruit, yogurt and my fav veggie pizza from Trader Joes!!!!

Have a Great Day - looking forward to getting to you know all :flowerforyou:
    Judy
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to lose 10lbs this month. I have one planned and schedule night to party with my family over easter long weekend that will involve a few alcoholic drinks, but I plan on doing a 1 week cleanse the moment I get home.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't drink pop (soda) or alcohol so that part will be easy....the sugar on the other hand.....I'm giving it my best shot. And I challenged myself to ride my bike (stationary) 2 miles every day. Did the ride before work this morning and took the dog for a 1 mile walk after work....now I just need to keep it up....:happy:
  • Samleishel459
    Samleishel459 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in and committed. I am pretty good with the no added sugar do you mean no sweets too? Or are we talking not physically adding sugar to anything. Either way will work and I will let the wine go for the month. Yay!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've "only " lost 36 in a year but I just changed my perspective.. in the 2 months I haven't really lost anything , I realize i've learned how to MAINTAIN so that's progress I can use later !
  • annabellio
    Options
    In regards to the challenge : Sugar soda and other sweets aren't problematic but alcohol is gonna be the toughie and my once or twice weekly 1/2 bagel. I'm giving it a shot but like I said earlier I can't promise perfection ! Do i get booted if I'm not perfect ?
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    By no added sugar do you mean like don't eat cookies, sweets, soda and etc..?

Or do I need to regulate the amount of sugar in my meals? Is there a particular diet I guess is what Im asking! :-)

if you are a cookie sweets candy SODA person in general, then YES I mean those.. if you already have cut those out ( as I have) and want to give yourself that extra push , then I mean limiting in general. My goal is to keep my sugar grams at or below 25 a day. that includes all sugar ... including fruit. But that is me. you do not need to be so extreme. If you eat cookies. STOP NOW... :bigsmile:
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    In regards to the challenge : Sugar soda and other sweets aren't problematic but alcohol is gonna be the toughie and my once or twice weekly 1/2 bagel. I'm giving it a shot but like I said earlier I can't promise perfection ! Do i get booted if I'm not perfect ?

no you dont get booted. But trust me, you will feel so good about yourself if you dont eat those cookies, or dont drink ... you will feel so empowered ! give it try :)
  • annabellio
    Options

no you dont get booted. But trust me, you will feel so good about yourself if you dont eat those cookies, or dont drink ... you will feel so empowered ! give it try :)
    cookies I could give up till Xmas- wine not so much, therein lies the challenge !!
  • sparkles1956
    Options
    I am in also. I haven't lost any weight since March. Have been at a stand still. So maybe this will help get another jump start.