How did you do today? My dsily totals inside

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
Totals calories: 1,172 carbs: 97 fat: 35 protein:155 sugar:20 fiber: 34

I am pretty sure I broke my toe, I cant even get my gym shoe ON it, let alone exercise, so I kept the calories lower than normal, it threw me off not working out.... lots of chicken today, !

how did you guys do?

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1,194cal 66protein 34 sugar 11 fiber 38 fat

(sugary banana.... it wasn't a piece of cheesecake,though.. and I am approaching it as no added sugars for my start)

Today was a "rough" day. I am newly diagnosed with a vasovagal issue, which has been part of why I've gained some weight back in the past months because it hurts energy levels and circulation, doing anything inverted, etc.... I have to wear a halter monitor all this month, and it gets in the way of everything. It's mentally rough, especially when I lost 90lbs, felt amazing/athletic, then passed out in the gym shower in October and have never been the same since. Admitting I medically can't when I worked SO hard getting to where I CAN just sucks. But we can at least make the food part work WELL, because, honesty fact is that the other part of my gain/relapse is I am totally back on a sugar addiction and that's why I'm here!

I surprised myself how many times I reached for stuff with sugar and was like "no! challenge!" ... the worst was having to sit and watch the boy enjoy his sweet tea and turning down the dessert menu. But I am way proud now.

Thanks for this challenge!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    1,194cal 66protein 34 sugar 11 fiber 38 fat

(sugary banana.... it wasn't a piece of cheesecake,though.. and I am approaching it as no added sugars for my start)

Today was a "rough" day. I am newly diagnosed with a vasovagal issue, which has been part of why I've gained some weight back in the past months because it hurts energy levels and circulation, doing anything inverted, etc.... I have to wear a halter monitor all this month, and it gets in the way of everything. It's mentally rough, especially when I lost 90lbs, felt amazing/athletic, then passed out in the gym shower in October and have never been the same since. Admitting I medically can't when I worked SO hard getting to where I CAN just sucks. But we can at least make the food part work WELL, because, honesty fact is that the other part of my gain/relapse is I am totally back on a sugar addiction and that's why I'm here!

I surprised myself how many times I reached for stuff with sugar and was like "no! challenge!" ... the worst was having to sit and watch the boy enjoy his sweet tea and turning down the dessert menu. But I am way proud now.

Thanks for this challenge!

I am so sorry for what you are going through... big hugs...

Good for you for staying true to the challenge today , it makes you feel good when you say no to crap , knowing that when you say no, you are making yourself stronger :)
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Totals 1,372 cal, 241 protien, 20 fat, 20, 114 protein, 2077 sodium, 64 sugar. The sugar was natural and came from the greek protein, prunes, and blueberries. I notied that after a weekend of drinking, my stomach was so bloated and digestive system is out of whack. I am glad to be on this challenge.
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Totals 1,372 cal, 241 protien, 20 fat, 20, 114 protein, 2077 sodium, 64 sugar. The sugar was natural and came from the greek protein, prunes, and blueberries. I notied that after a weekend of drinking, my stomach was so bloated and digestive system is out of whack. I am glad to be on this challenge.

umm I drank all weekend, I was away for girls weekend.... and I ate tons of crap. So happy to have such a clean day, I am glad we are doing this again too!!!
  • marlakayallen
    marlakayallen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1041 cals, 102 carbs, 54 fat, 62 protein, 25 sugar

Before I got in this group I didn't look at the sugar on the food labels, but now I'm checking them all (things like pasta and chips)... so now it's an added target to "stay under". My daily sugar goal (calculated by MFP) is 26 grams.

I didn't know how well I would do today because just today is when I started looking at the labels... and surprsingly I stayed under the daily goal.

Whoo hoo!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Tami - Sorry to hear about your toe...hope you are back in those shoes ASAP! MaybeImNot - sorry for your challenges too! Hang in there one day at a time!

I had a good day! Ate crazy yesterday along with some wine :drinker: I need to make a difference this month!

Calories ~ 1598, Carbs ~ 184, Fat ~ 60, Protein ~ 100, Sugar ~ 61 - Took an hour and a half hike burning over 500 cals. If I wouldn't have had milk in my cereal and an apple I would have been in the range MFP has set for me!!! So I will have to play with this to bring it down...I still want to enjoy some fruit but will focus on more veggies instead!

Keep up the good work everyone!!! ~ Judy
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Tami, I hope your toe isn't broken and feels better quickly!
    My totals today were:
    Calories 1147, protein 99, carbs 104, sugar 34, fat 47
    An apple and berries- good healthy choices.
    All in all a good day.
    Debbe
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Not too bad today but room for improvement for sure! Cals 1384. Carbs 115. Fat 59. protein 108. Sodium 776. Fiber 21. I guess I will need to change the settings to get sugar numbers. ALso did a 45 min walk.
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    calories: 1026
    carbs: 99
    fiber: 13
    protein: 78
    sugar: 34
    sodium: 1302
    exercised: 30 min
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I will be logging my totals today. Yesterday was my last day (watched my CATS win the NCAA win the tournament). I had planned in it being a weird pizza/beer night but since I'm sick I skipped the beer. Until I figure out what how to replace 1 tbsp of coffee creamer I'm keeping it. But I will aim to stay within cals, move 30 minutes a day, no alcohol, and no sweets! I weighed in at 193.4 today.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well after my first day I can see how I need to plan and prepare things ahead of time. Challenging since I am in sales and am on the road alot. I LOVE the Egg Plant wrap at Trader joes!!!! Also the guilt less veggie primavera pizza!!! But that means hidden sugar and sodium!!

Do you guys have a favorite grab and go snack or lunch you could share??? I keep almonds in the car with me along with Detour protein bars with LOW SUGAR, they are really good, I get them at Costco.

Any big plans for Easter and staying away from chocolate bunnies???? :laugh: My kids are older so I will get them their own bunny and alittle candy, which they will quickly take and keep to themselves.

Have a good day full of Good Choices:wink:

Judy
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My totals: 1,890 cal 185 carb 86 fat 116 protein 31 fiber 51 sugar

Man sugar adds up fast! But the biggest killer was greek yogurt and a banana. The rest was a little here and there. And really? Carrots? 5g of sugar? Sheesh.

MaybeImNot.....I have some similar problems....after losing 65 pounds, my body is compensating for exercise the same. My heart rate and blood pressure do crazy things, leaving me feeling like I am going to pass out. Especially any exercise that involves getting down and getting back up. I have done some testing with a cardiologist to try and figure out whats going on! No fun! Good luck:)
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OH I kinda messed up with some processed soy protein (see fat ) but sugar is pretty good and I had no alcohol and no sweets
    Cals : 1248 (net) Fat: 73 (oops !!) Protein 80 Carbs: 137 Sugar: 31 Fiber 28 ( the upside of the soy protein products!)
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just so you know- my emergen-c packet whick I credit with keeping well in a sea of sickness has 5 grams of sugar - I'm not going to give that up because I can't afford to be sick even if it IS a placebo effect. So starting tomorrow I'm netting out the emergen-c
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    Cals 1,087 carbs112 sugar 66 protein 78 sodium 1,548 fiber 17 Boy I am amazed where there is sugar!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    Options
    Cals 1,087 carbs112 sugar 66 protein 78 sodium 1,548 fiber 17 Boy I am amazed where there is sugar!
    [
    /quote]
    oops forgot my pb!180 6 2 8 0 2
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday! Life is chaotic. I'm not going to post everything from yesterday, but I was at 32 for sugar yesterday. I couldn't eat supper yesterday which was weird, but I was NOT hungry. So by the time 9 rolled around, I was panicking. I hadn't had fruit all day where i usually have like 3-4 servings. So I caved and had an apple.

That's been the biggest struggle these past 2 days. I lived on fruit and not eating it has been hard. I'm trying to find a balance and that's been hard. I used to eat SO much sodium and fruit really helped me not go there. However, now that I don't have it, I'm leaning toward the saltier foods. I'll have to see how to find that balance. If nothing else, I do this for a month and make sure that when it's over, I'm more diligent at looking at labels and remember I can eat my fruit but limit processed sugars. This is all a learning process.

Here are my numbers today:
    Calories: 1467
    Protein: 77
    Sugars: 20
    Carbs: 185

Please friend me if you'd like. I try to be really good at encouraging. I'd love to have you as a friend. Good job today!
  • sparkles1956
    Options
    I was busy today skip breakfast, I know I shouldn't skip this meal. I did 750 Cal., 5 Carbs., 1 Protein, 1 Fiber, and 4 sugar which came from lettuce and the ranch dressing that I had for my salad. So I thought I had done pretty good. I was 450 cal below my 1200 cal.:wink: