I am tired!! Of counting calories

Options
Ok I have lost a lot of weight, did I use paleo to do it no I used a chemical filled medifast, don't get me wrong it works and I owe my life to it but I have been on a stall for a long time I gain some lose some and so on. I am so tired of counting every calorie, I love eating paleo it helps a ton for my cravings. Before I would of had a cup of cereal and then went and ate the rest of the box. I do go over on coconut oil and nuts once in a while but hey can't be perfect. I just had to vent, just being tired. Anyone else feel that way? I hope I am not the only one

Replies

• monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I get sick of calorie-counting - I stop doing it for a few weeks, and just try to eat sensibly. If you are doing paleo, you shouldn't really gain much, and then after your breather you can start up again. Also, doing this will sometimes knock you off your plateau as well.
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    I stopped counting calories since I started eating paleo and still lost weight.
    I hated counting calories, I continuosly thought about what I ate and how much more I could eat and it made me crazy
    I`m much happier eating until I start to feel full and not eating until I feel hungry

But to each their own!
  • katiejoycecross
    katiejoycecross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am SO with you on this tonight. I'm tired of it! I've been doing it forever, and I need a break.

I'm tired of counting carbs AND calories. I told my husband tonight I was just going to do two weeks where I don't count calories and see where it gets me in inches and weight at the end of them.

I so look forward to it!

Good luck to you!
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is tiring for sure. I lost 85 pounds over the past couple of years religiously logging every calorie consumed and expended. When I found paleo I stopped and I felt so much better mentally. That being said... I guess since I wasn't always diligent with my food choices, I have not lost any weight from making the switch about 6 months ago. I am ready to get the rest of the weight off so I am back to counting for awhile to get a grip on the portions.

The break from counting helps. Plus, I didn't have MFP before - I carried around a little notebook everywhere. Logging on my smartphone seems so much more fun:) hahaha
  • QuakerMom
    QuakerMom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes! Tired of it too. I took a little mini-break from it -- somewhat consciously, but sort of by default, not having time the past few days. It's hard to keep on track but ultimately i need to get used to eating on track w/out counting everything. But, for now, i'm back to counting.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    As tired of it as I am, I keep on plugging away... I know that when I don't keep track of my calories, I get far off track b/c I forget what I've eaten, how much I've eaten, etc.
  • jpmerc423
    jpmerc423 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I counted every bite in January, then went free form in Feb and March. I started counting again in April because I have a goal I want to reach by June.

I have come to believe:

Paleo + No Counting = Easy maintenance or modest fat loss / maintainable indefinitely.
    Paleo + Counting = More rapid fat loss (easier and with far fewer cravings than other calorie counting diets).

Including IF with either of the above seems to enhance results and further simplify the lifestyle.

As others have said, it's healthy to take a break once in a while and see how you do.