Nutritional Values

Options
cbev100
cbev100 Posts: 7 Member
Ladies, do any of you have a specific website that you use when something you eat is not on the myfitnesspal list?
I had a specialty salad for lunch today and couldn't find it's nutritional value anywhere so I just listed each ingredient seperately and tried to get it as close as possible.
Thanks!

Replies

• HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WWW.LIVESTRONG.COM

I also google the name of the restaurant to see if I can find them on the web/nutritional values
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    And if that doesn't work I try Calorie King or about.com. I've only found a few things that weren't in the database and if I had the ingredients or recipe breakout I've added it and made it searchable so it is in the database for others.
  • jenifer315
    Options
    I google it. I'll type in : applebees chicken wrap and then it almost always comes up. you could also try livestrong.com.
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    I have never had something not come up. If your salad was from a national resturant then be sure to put the resturant name in the description. I have occasionally found that MFP is a stickler for spelling so if you have something spelled wrong it will not bring it up..
  • CeeGray
    CeeGray Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had to make-do with listing my salad ingredients yesterday as I had a fantastic salad at my building's little deli, Olive's. Might have to add that up and make myself an entry for other times as I plan to eat it again.