When do you post your exercise before or after?

Options
When do you record your exercise, before you do it or after?

I find that am more likely to exercise if I record it before working out. If I wait, I am more likely to do less or pass on my workout all together.

How about you? What works for you?

Replies

• traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I typically do mine after I've worked out. But this is mainly because I dont know how long I am going to be on each machine at the gym, or how long I am going to walk for.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I post after I exercise, because I use my HRM to figure out how many calories I've burned. If I've had a high calorie day, however, I plan ahead for how many calories I need to burn to stay under my goals before I work out, to make sure I've burned enough.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    After. HRM records cals burned so I can be accurate.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    After, use a Polar FT4 and love to see how high I can get those numbers
  • FitformeNena
    Options
    Hi I'm Nena...I post my Aftr..")
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    I always log it after my activity. With my health issues, I never know how long I will be able to do anything. I have to take my body as~is in that regard. When my body starts screaming.... I have to stop or I may not walk the next day!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do it after so I can use the calories burned from my HRM. I do tend to input my meals for the day before my workout to make sure I burn enough calories for what I want to eat ;)
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    Ah, yes. I will put my lunch meals in ahead of time, because I make them before work. Sometimes I put my evening meal in so that I know how much of a serving I can have. I adjust it down if I know that I can't get in any exercise.