Hello

Options
2»

Replies

• myself05
    Options
    Wow, a german group. That's great! I live in Bavaria and I'm a 20 year old scholar. I found MFP a few weeks ago and I really love it. Hopefully it will help me to stay as motivated as possible.
  • jamhy
    jamhy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jamie. I am from Wisconsin, USA and have never lived in Germany. I took German classes in high school and it is now one of my minors in college but I have always had awful teachers so I don't know much beyond the basics. However, I am definitely looking forward to reading it (although the rules seem like they may be a problem) and trying to learn more as I go!
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie
    Welcome to the group, I'm new to the group and MFP, too. :)
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am an American and I live in Hamburg. My German isn't so good but I get by.
  • anmei2411
    Options
    Hey there :)

I am German - after my "Abitur" (German equivalent to A-Levels) I moved to Holland because I wanted to study there. The past 6 months I spent in the UK and I am currently living in Hong Kong. Looking forward to be back in Germany for a few months this summer .... I miss the Brötchen ;)
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh ja, Brötchen mit Mamelade und Quark and I miss a decent Döner, too. Oh tbh the list is really endless... It makes me all hungry now,lol.
    I live in the Uk and getting your hands on German food is quite difficult . :(
  • bva205
    bva205 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from Münsterland in Germany. I live in Greater London since 2006. I have a 3y old son. I have just started with mfp. Please feel free to connect.
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    MamaVeronicaWorksOut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Veronica, 25 (26 in May) years old, and from California, USA. I have lived in Germany since July 2008 with my German husband and stepsons. I just gave birth to my first son on March 3, 2012 and I am working on getting back into shape and having the right diet.

When I first moved here, we lived in Bamberg, Bavaria, however, since February 2011, we live in Meissen, Saxony. (About 25 minutes outside of Dresden.)

English is my mother language and, naturally, it's easier for me to speak/write. However, I can and do speak German. (Mein grammatisch ist einfach scheiße weil ich habe alles selbstgelernt.)

I have been using MFP to track my calorie intake and exercise. However, I cannot do any *real* exercise yet, because I am still on my maternity leave. When I am allowed to exercise again, I plan on going back to the gym, as I once used to prior to my pregnancy. (I did maintain gym membership up until about week 21 of my pregnancy.)

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • Melodrom
    Melodrom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grüßgott!! :flowerforyou:

I am from Bavaria and live in the UK since 1999. Lovely to meet you all and Frohe Ostern! I joined MFP a couple of years ago but then stopped using the website. Now that a joined a weightloss program at my local gym I thought the best way to keep on track of food and exercise is through MFP.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Saskia
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You can speak deutsch in the german group thats if you can speak it :flowerforyou:
  • supersamoosa
    Options
    I am German living in Hamburg. Feel free to add me :-)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Guten morgen! I'm Mandy, 24 and live in Indiana. I am almost full blooded German, though I have no more living relatives from there :). Took German classes in my Lutheran school for 2 years(how appropriate) and 3 years in high school. Glad I found this group as I have almost totally lost my German vocab and want to get back into it!!
  • CABA01
    CABA01 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am Carola from Munich, started toda and want to loose 14-15 kg. How did you get the nice Ticker at the bottom with the the progress?