Apple Before and Afters

Options
fourluvbugs
fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
This is the thread that inspired my to start the group:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/523570-any-apple-shaped-women-success-stories-out-there

There are some great pics in that thread of apple women of all sizes and I found them truly inspirational.

I hope that the group members will post their befores, durings and afters here to help keep all of us focused and inspired. I only have befores right now, but as soon as I have some decent durings I will definitely add them.

Replies

• quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a before and during. I have lost a lot (47lbs since last June!) but I am still working hard to lose MORE! I began at 230 pounds and a size 20. I am now 183 pounds and a size 14. I have no pictures of myself from size 20. I wouldn't let anyone take pictures of me. The closest one to that is a size 18...ish. I know I was squeezing in to 18s in the first picture:

18.jpg
    About an 18 here, too. October 2011:
    18-2.jpg

Then the progress pictures. I started working out in November of 2011, but I had been eating better/being less sedentary since about June of 2011.

First picture taken on December 28, 2011
    2nd picture on January 18 2012 and
    3rd picture on March 27, 2012.

january-march.jpg

(I know I have a strange looking belly-button, it's been like that since before I got pregnant with my second daughter *sigh*. I don't know if I'll ever have a normal one again. lol.)

Side view:
    side-dec11-mar12.jpg

Back view:
    back-dec11-mar12.jpg

So, that's it! I was about 200? in the first of the progress pictures; 183 in the last. I am going to be jumping up and down when I see 180! :)
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Your progress pictures look great Kelly. Thanks for sharing with us. I can definitely see your hard work paying off and a huge difference between your almost befores and your current afters. I even see a bit of waist definition there. Lucky you!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Good job Kelly. You can really see the difference in the side view
  • quietasariot
    Options
    thanks! it's definitely slow going... sigh
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Great work Kelly. I can see the difference in all of the views.

I need to try to get some pictures on my computer again. I've been having trouble loading them onto the computer. I haven't taken any recent pictures but maybe I should to help keep me motivated. I also don't have a lot of before pictures because I avoided the camera as much as I could.
  • quietasariot
    Options
    I would definitely take pictures!! I think it'll help keep you motivated. :)
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I have some pics to post but I need to find the link on how to post pics on mfp.
  • aboadle
    aboadle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Some progress pics:

I'm 5'4

Have lost 22 pounds, from 230 -208. Getting there slowly, and I like to think that I am the perfect apple shape! haha

IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    quietasariot, i think as you've lost weight you've gone from an apple to more of an hourglass/maybe a pear. you have a great little waist going on!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I don't have many 'before' pics, I only joined MFP after losing a significant amount of weight already so had no reason to take any (and lots of reason to avoid the camera) This is the worst I have, I'm about 15st (210lbs) on this one

meandgill.jpg

And this is me a few week ago at about 10st (140lbs). Never in a million years did I think I'd be able to wear a carnival costume that was both tight AND white!!!

P2250040.jpg

I'm now down to 135lbs and have 2lbs to go to hit my goal weight. I still have an incredibly flabby belly which I hide under clothes. No bikinis or cropped tops for me but plenty of shorts and short skirts as us apples have good legs :happy:
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Amazing transformation lady! Fantastic!

I don't have many 'before' pics, I only joined MFP after losing a significant amount of weight already so had no reason to take any (and lots of reason to avoid the camera) This is the worst I have, I'm about 15st (210lbs) on this one

meandgill.jpg

And this is me a few week ago at about 10st (140lbs). Never in a million years did I think I'd be able to wear a carnival costume that was both tight AND white!!!

P2250040.jpg

I'm now down to 135lbs and have 2lbs to go to hit my goal weight. I still have an incredibly flabby belly which I hide under clothes. No bikinis or cropped tops for me but plenty of shorts and short skirts as us apples have good legs :happy:
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Great pics ladies, totally inspiring me to take before, during after pics too!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    quietasariot, i think as you've lost weight you've gone from an apple to more of an hourglass/maybe a pear. you have a great little waist going on!

Yep, I definitely see members of this group whom I can tell are really hourglasses or pears under their tummies. Luckies! :tongue:
  • quietasariot
    Options

thank you! I am working very hard on getting my hourglass back.
  • quietasariot
    Options

Yep, I definitely see members of this group whom I can tell are really hourglasses or pears under their tummies. Luckies! :tongue:
    LOL! A long time ago... in a galaxy far far away (or something) I did have a GREAT hourglass figure. I'm working to at least sort of get it back but my midsection is a pretty tough customer.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here is my journey to my goal weight! Starting at 156, and down to 135 today! (I don't know if I can embed a GIF, but I'll try...)

707cd4a6ead0f60ce8d6d45d0a5e62c0.gif
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How about a before and a during?

330to235.jpg
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Newking, that is AMAZING! You look fantastic!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are making awesome progress. Great inspiration!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I actually have a waistline now!

tumblr_m29uer_Kg_Ti1qgzf16.png

resized.jpg