Help... Fruit Cravings Satisfied?

Options
mebuthalf
mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
So I've done really well on a LC lifestyle for 8-10 weeks now, had a decent amount of sucess, is definatly my lifestyle change.

I am currently eating 40 net carbs (give or take 10) and am unwilling to go up much more, but have had a unsatisfiable craving for fruit. Which I know CAN'T be bad, its just SO HIGH carb.

So how do YOU satisfiy your fruit cravings on a LC diet?

Replies

• Laceybaby1967
    Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how sweet a few strawberries may be; blueberries, raspberries, blackberries too....

And, if I'm craving it, I'll have an apple, usually with some protein (like peanut butter)....
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Berries are lower carb/sugar...

I found Red Peppers to give me a sweet hit...

I give myself about 85 a day (for me that is about 25% of my daily calories) so I am able to work in a nice piece of fruit or a nice squash or sweet potato in during the day. I tried to go lower but it wasn't happening so I had to step back and readjust myself...
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The Atkins site suggested I take 1200 mg of fish oil daily. They suggested two in the morning and two at night. I started taking it and I have lost those strong cravings I used to have. Funny thing was my doctor had just suggested the same thing to me for weight loss in general.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So I've done really well on a LC lifestyle for 8-10 weeks now, had a decent amount of sucess, is definatly my lifestyle change.

I am currently eating 40 net carbs (give or take 10) and am unwilling to go up much more, but have had a unsatisfiable craving for fruit. Which I know CAN'T be bad, its just SO HIGH carb.

So how do YOU satisfiy your fruit cravings on a LC diet?

What is it about the fruit you are craving ? Is it the sweet ? The crunch ? The cold ? Almost all of those can be exchanged for something else if you are trying to limit fruits. I found the cold sweetness of a bowl of strawberry/banana sugar free jello hits the spot when I start prowling the pantry !!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    low carb mini chocolate protien bar? 1.8g carb
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat strawberries every day! I buy them on sale then chop them up and pour some Splenda on them then let them "marinate" and add them to Greek yogurt. Sometimes if I'm being naughty on the weekends I'll eat them right from the container :P

Blueberries rock too, but they're out of season right now. As soon as they're back in I am going to buy tons!

I've been buying blackberries and putting them on a sandwich made with natural peanut butter and "revolution rolls." Tastes just like blackberry jam!

(revolution rolls: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/549082-original-atkins-diet-revolution-roll-tweaks.html)

Sugar-free Jello is great! Diet orange pop is also great! Or other fruity diet drinks like Kool Aid mixed with Splenda or Crystal Light.

Sometimes I get a super hankering for banana and then I mix some sugar-free pudding mix with cream cheese and eat it with peanut butter. Mmmm.

I think melons are relatively safe in small quantity, once you get further in to your goal.