Options
    Day 2:
    Exercise Challenges - yes
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today – yup!
    Walking Challenge: 3.06 miles
    Burned 176 (1784/32500)
    Minutes 52 (344/1950)

Another good day – including chocolate, which I previously gave up for Lent!

Kackie – way to go! Let the pants do the talking! Musky – way to lose those inches! Dorie -- nice logging and great burn!

Good luck to those of you who have given up alcohol. My triceps are SCREAMING too peeps! I'm happy to go with the majority when it comes to these Exercise Challenges. I'll just try to work ahead. I lost some days last week because I was sick but I'll work ahead if everything is due on Saturdays. It's all good! Just let us know either way. :flowerforyou:

Thanks for everything, Teresa!
    Kelly
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Well, you ladies have a good point, and I certainly want everyone to do as"much" as they want to in this challenge...... So, you can work on making up any days you missed from last week. I'll put the Google doc spreadsheet for week #1 back up tomorrow, cuz I'm already in the bed! Lol. Goodnite!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Cowansar: I am with you with the alcohol. I too could and would have a couple of glasses of wine every night with dinner, but I KNOW what it does to my food intake and motivation. My husband has been out of town the past week ...so I have abstained...but will be back tomorrow evening and I struggle when he opens a very nice bottle and wants me to share some with him. I am an all or nothing sort of person, so I am going to have to be "nothing" for a while with wine! GOOD LUCK to both of us:drinker:

I totally understand about the "all or nothing", and being tempted by the man in the house. I wish I could be in this with you all, but truth be told, I think I'd be setting myself up to fail. My workouts are usually done with the idea of a glass of wine in mind. :laugh:

It is so great to see the fantastic results everyone is seeing in just the first week - the weight loss, inches lost, and the many NSV I'm sure everyone is experiencing!

Like everyone else, this weekend was particularly difficult with the holiday. I'm a cook at a country club and was preparing to feed 1,000+ people on Sunday. Lots and lots of little treats to taste and try...not much time for real meals, always throws me way off. Plus, the Okie weather has been very springish - rainy and cloudy. Actually went back to the gym today for the first time in months just to ensure a run without rain.

I will be working harder (still) to be more active in the threads. You ladies are awesome and such a great sounding boards for encouragement. Week #2 is on!!!

(BTW, tomorrow's workout should be stellar - JM30DS + today and tomorrow's daily challenge exercises - got my miles in, but didn't have a chance to do the exercises...will be doubling up tomorrow. Bring on the burn!!! :bigsmile: )
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Monday of Week 2

Exercise Challenges -no, have to finish tomorrow
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 1/2 mile - wimped out and came in due to ICY wind
    Burned 33 calories - how embarrassing !2929 /32500
    Minutes 10
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    Hey Team, I am just starting my week today, as I have been quite sick with the flu the last few days, and counting any type of calories was pretty pointless (I'm sure you get what I mean)

I certainly FEEL like I've done a million crunches this week already! haha

Felling much better today, and will get back to the challenge right away :D
  • Roshams
    Options
    FYI- I found a great iphone app for tracking miles/kms walked-ran-biked.

it's called MapMyDOGWALK.

it works like GPS. you start it when you start your walk. run, bike, and it follows your route, times you, and let's you know how far you went and how many calories you burned :)

Pretty cool.

And you don't have to have a dog to use it ;) Check it out!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Actually lost .5 pounds as of today, so I am happy:flowerforyou:

This challenge is pushing me out the door when I would otherwise put it off sometimes. I really wanted to stay inside yesterday afternoon and was tired, from long morning in the garden, but logging in here made me tie on my walking shoes and get those 2 miles in and then do the challenge exercises. SO.........very glad to be in this group!

And my triceps are in great need of these exercises, and they are talking to me!

Roshams: Sorry you were sick, but very glad you are better now!!! Take care

Have a good one! Kackie:heart:
  • Roshams
    Options
    Good Morning!

Actually lost .5 pounds as of today, so I am happy:flowerforyou:

This challenge is pushing me out the door when I would otherwise put it off sometimes. I really wanted to stay inside yesterday afternoon and was tired, from long morning in the garden, but logging in here made me tie on my walking shoes and get those 2 miles in and then do the challenge exercises. SO.........very glad to be in this group!

And my triceps are in great need of these exercises, and they are talking to me!

Roshams: Sorry you were sick, but very glad you are better now!!! Take care

Have a good one! Kackie:heart:

Thank you sweetie :D
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options

it works like GPS. you start it when you start your walk. run, bike, and it follows your route, times you, and let's you know how far you went and how many calories you burned :)

Pretty cool.

Sounds similar to iMapMyRUN, which I use ALL the time. Love it! :love:

Glad you are feeling better!
    Kelly
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Rest Day

Monday -

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 13 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 0 = 7/130 = 123 remaining
    Calories Burned: 200 = 2813/29687 = 30411 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 60 = 411/1950 = 1539 remaining
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hey Team, I am just starting my week today, as I have been quite sick with the flu the last few days, and counting any type of calories was pretty pointless (I'm sure you get what I mean)

I certainly FEEL like I've done a million crunches this week already! haha

Felling much better today, and will get back to the challenge right away :D

So glad you are on the mend, and feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Pretty cool.

GREAT!! Glad you found something to use - it makes it soooo much easier, doesn't it? I use CardioTrainer which is a free app for Android. I LOVE IT!! It has walking, biking, roller skating.... hehehe. Just about everything!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Rest Day

Did not do good in any category. :(

Monday -

Exercise Challenges - not done yet...
    Water- 9 cups
    Under calorie goal today - No
    Walking Challenge: 0

Today is going to be much better!
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -ETA - YES!
    Water- 12 cups
    Walking Challenge: 5.5 miles
    Burned 589 calories: 4571/32500
    Minutes 86: 680/1950

Today I was doing great and then I got home with the homemade coconut cake and I ate a piece of that plus some coconut egg -- so today was supposed to be my rest day but I had to make a choice do the treadmill to burn the 275 calories that the goodies put me over or just stay over my calorie goal. Well as you can see I did make the choice to do the treadmill. In fact, I decided to burn an extra 300 calories for good measure :smile: So I feel good about that!

I need to do the challenge exercises tonight -- my body is pretty sore so I will have to check what muscles are being worked -- if it is the triceps I am not sure I can do them tonight! ETA: I did do the challenge exercises now- even the tricep dips!

Dorie
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    Exercise Challenges - yes, today's and tomorrow's (and all caught up on last week's too!)
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today – yes
    Walking Challenge: 6.15 miles
    Burned 440 (2224/32500)
    Minutes 83 (427/1950)

Way to go, Dorie! You've got some mental toughness -- talk about dedication! Woot woot!

Not a bad day overall. I finished my practice 5K in 31:22. I'm trying to get under 30 minutes but the route has some major hills. We'll see! I think I need to get some big exercise days in to meet the calories burned and minutes for this challenge. :noway:

Nighty night, ladies!
    Kelly
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I did today's exercises and yesterday's, as well as W2D1 of Bridge to 10k! With warm-up and cool-down, it was about 4.5 miles.

I'm struggling a bit to eat ENOUGH calories this week since it's Passover, and there's so many items I can't eat! It's refreshing, in a way, to not even have to think about whether I want to eat that cookie at school or grab a bagel for breakfast.

kellymill- your 5k time is awesome! I just ran one in 33:25, and it's my best race time yet. I'm sure you'll do great! When is the race?
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday I started using a tracking app on my phone!
    I looked at a bunch and chose Endomondo and I am loving it.
    It has all different sports. I can even use it to track when I ride my horse!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday I started using a tracking app on my phone!
    I looked at a bunch and chose Endomondo and I am loving it.
    It has all different sports. I can even use it to track when I ride my horse!

I use Endomondo, too! I like that it tells me when I've run a mile, and shows me my average pace for each mile. It's great!
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well I dropped the ball today. I didnt stay under calories or walk. I also didnt drink enough unless you count the 2 beers I had ehen I went out to dinner with my friends. The only part of the chart I was able to get ooints was for the exercize challenge. Luckily tomorrow is a new day.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Tuesday of Week 2

Exercise Challenges - yes, and caught up on yesterday's, too
    Water- 12 cups
    Walking Challenge: none today :(
    Burned calories - 357 = 3286/32500
    Minutes exercised today - 30