What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my mom out for her birthday. We are going to Don Pablos since they have a lot of vegan friendly options. Don Pablos used to be The Spot in Indianapolis for straight edge vegan kids! Get a "hot plate and cold plate" hold the cheese are you are set!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tofu-leek "quiche" with roasted shiitakes and African peanut stew. (and the usual big salad)
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Tofu-leek "quiche" with roasted shiitakes and African peanut stew. (and the usual big salad)

I need all of these recipes, stat.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I need all of these recipes, stat.

They're from The Voluptuous Vegan. it's one of my favorite cookbooks...it's organized as full festive meal plans, but I usually just do individual recipes and serve more casually and less...um, voluptuously ;)

It's a great book for entertaining.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Last night we had red beans and rice with collards. Today I think its pasta, Boca chicken patties and swiss chard.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/03/burritos-with-spanish-rice-and-black-beans.html

This recipe is so good and easy to make. Only 339 calories without a burrito!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    TESTING:

maccheese.jpg

Well...if I can do it here, how come I can't post a pic in my blog?
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm having a gigantic bowl of a delish veg soup I made earler in the week that has kale, turnips, a bit of kohlrabi, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes and thyme ...and homemade veggie broth. it's SOOOOOO GOOODDD! Plus, a happy herbivore cornbread muffin.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Mac and Cheez with Kale
    A heineken beer
    Kale chips
    mmmmm

recipe for mac/cheez
    http://caroline-is-vegan.blogspot.com
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Last night I had Kale Salad and loved it so much I made it again tonight. kblog.lunchboxbunch.com
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    avocado sushi and veggie tempura for dinner. for dessert some so delicious coconut no sugar added chocolate ice cream
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Pho Udon soup! Picked up some vegan pho broth, added udon noodles instead of rice noodles. added loads of veggies like bok choy, bean spouts, mushrooms, green onions, cilantro. plus tofu, lemon, and hot sauce. yum!
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Pho Udon soup! Picked up some vegan pho broth, added udon noodles instead of rice noodles. added loads of veggies like bok choy, bean spouts, mushrooms, green onions, cilantro. plus tofu, lemon, and hot sauce. yum!

So while this was yummy, the bean sprouts gave me food poisoning.

Tonight I'm making black bean and sweet potato enchilada. Making my own corn tortillas for the first time!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    ^^ yeah you gotta be careful with bean sprouts.

I love this thread, it is giving me so many ideas! Last night we had lentil tacos (just drain some lentils and add taco seasoning according to the directions) and add all your fav toppings. YUM!

Tomorrow is veggies chili, I've never made chili before so I'm really looking forward to finding "my" recipe
  • jaimemariel
    Options

I love this thread, it is giving me so many ideas! Last night we had lentil tacos (just drain some lentils and add taco seasoning according to the directions) and add all your fav toppings. YUM!

I would have never thought of that! Thanks!
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    I always make split pea soup on Easter! So its that an I'm also going to be baking all day, wheat bread and pita.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Tonight I'm making pancit. I believe the word pancit translats roughly into "fast food" because you cook it very fast. Its carrots, onions and garlic cooked in a wok, add in cabbage, mushrooms, seitan or anything else you like, add in cooked rice noodles, cilantro, a bit of seasame oil, hot sauce and viola!
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I havent cooked something new for a while so tonight I'm having

Taco's made with Field Roast Chorizo vegan sausages, mushrooms, onions and red peppers...topped with avocado!!!
    I'm also going to roast some cauliflower and broccoli
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making pancit. I believe the word pancit translats roughly into "fast food" because you cook it very fast. Its carrots, onions and garlic cooked in a wok, add in cabbage, mushrooms, seitan or anything else you like, add in cooked rice noodles, cilantro, a bit of seasame oil, hot sauce and viola!

This sounds like a good and easy and sounds like what I am going to do for dinner tomorrow...I will be cooking with seitan for the first time....any suggestions
  • PopcornPig
    Options
    Shepherds Pie from (Veganomican Cookbook). It turned out excellent! :)