Having issues getting back on track

Options
Malgorzata79
Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend. I have an issue and I am hoping someone can motivate me.

I so far have lost 49 lbs but gained 5 lbs last week - so now I am at a loss of 44 lbs. Anyways, prior to last week I was on top of my game - I worked out 4 days a week - I was devoted in eating healthier. But since a week ago, i just am not tempted to go to work out or watch what I eat. I only worked out twice last week and that was a mental struggle to go. And the eating part - well I just didnt care and ate whatever without even considering the consequences.

I need help to getting motivated again. I still have another 80 lbs to lose - so i am nowhere near my weight goal - but that fact alone didnt motivate me.

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your delemia, but you are not alone on this. Everyone one has had those moments of "why should I continue" or lack of motivation.

Some things that have helped me.
    1. Keep a motivation quote om my bathroom mirror so I see it every day. Mine is "It something is important you will find a way, otherwise you will find an excuse"
    2. Keep a motivational picture on the refrigerator. A dress you would like to wear or a picture of yourself before you gained the weight.
    3. Put a sticky someplace that I see if every day reminding me how far I came. "Dowm XXX pounds. Keep it up"

Also you it alot easier if you have a partner, someone to help keep you accountable to your workouts. Do you have someone that you can talk to about it?
  • darealmaven
    darealmaven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%++ with the partner thingy.... even if that partner has to be virtual. The accountability has to be there. This way when moments of weakness sneak in (and they will!!), the motivation can come from your support to help you through. The thing to keep in mind is that once you get there......the 'struggle' (as some put it) to stay there is nothing compared to what it takes to lose it.

Some are fans of frequent weigh ins....others aren't. My thought is this... if you are having a bad week....and you know you are....then weigh yourself immediately the next morning and see how bad you have been! If you had done that prior to the week's end, you might of been able to curtail it at a few pounds.

Bottom line: You have kicked butt to get where you are and must have been motivated like heck to get that far.......tap into that core and get a support system in place....then get back out there and sweat!! Good luck to you!!!

BTW--You can friend folks in this group and I am sure we would help keep you on track!!