New here !

Options
myjourney2
myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
Hi everyone. I joined MFP last week.

I am ready to start the C25K program. The ice and snow are off my roads now. I live in the country and it took a while for it to go.

I have decided to run outside because my sister and I signed up for 4 5k runs this summer. Even if I part walk them I will be happy to finish!

I have about 90 lbs to lose and plan to take it slow. Repeating weeks if need be.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions.

Replies

• rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck! That will be exciting, I haven't signed up for a 5k yet but I plan to at the beginning of next year. I started week 3 day 1 last week and haven't been able to move onto the week 3 day 2 yet.........life keeps getting in the way. lol. :wink:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :) I just today completed Week 7 Day 1. The program works, you just have to believe in it, and have faith in yourself. Signing up for 5K's is a great motivator. I still need to sign up for one myself, but I've been plenty motivated without it.

Here's my best advice for you....jog SLOWLY. Endurance comes first. Speed comes much later! :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    thank you for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it!
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm starting C25K this week as a way to restart my long lost running abilities, and as a supplement to my weight training P90X days. Doing this with my 50 something mom, who has never run a day in her life. Pretty fun. :D We'll see how it goes!
  • bcereuskk
    bcereuskk Posts: 33
    Options
    Good luck! I started today. This is a challenge for me because I've never been a runner. I'm hoping to be able to sign up for a race in the fall.