Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -ETA - YES!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 5.5 miles
    Burned 589 calories: 4571/32500
    Minutes 86: 680/1950

Today I was doing great and then I got home with the homemade coconut cake and I ate a piece of that plus some coconut egg -- so today was supposed to be my rest day but I had to make a choice do the treadmill to burn the 275 calories that the goodies put me over or just stay over my calorie goal. Well as you can see I did make the choice to do the treadmill. In fact, I decided to burn an extra 300 calories for good measure :smile: So I feel good about that!

I need to do the challenge exercises tonight -- my body is pretty sore so I will have to check what muscles are being worked -- if it is the triceps I am not sure I can do them tonight! ETA: I did do the challenge exercises now- even the tricep dips!

Dorie

GOOD FOR YOU, Dorie! You worked out on your rest day AND blew the challenge workouts away! WoohoO!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    You ladies are doing so well!! It's so much fun to read your posts - keep up the GREAT work!! :love:

I just realized last night that I haven't been putting my two cents worth on this thread - I read it, and I comment on your posts, or answer questions, but I haven't been marking for myself if I am under calories, how much water - etc..... I'm so sorry for that oversight! I've been updating myself on the spreadsheet, but will try to do better about putting it here as well (especially since I asked all of you to do that!!!!!!!) :blushing:

I'm working two jobs right now - one of which is my own massage business - which is about to have an ad come out on GROUPON - which is kinda exciting, but I'm VERY VERY nervous!! (They've assured me that they can put a limit on how many that they sell - so we will see!!) :noway:

As soon as I get a chance :laugh: I plan to post the miles (so far) that everybody has toward their mileage commitment (walking challenges), I just haven't had any "free" time in the evenings to do that. Also, since I have given everybody extra time to work on last week's exercise challenges, I won't be able to post the points (thus far) until this coming weekend. It looks as though posting the points to the threads will run about 2 weeks behind because of people making up for days. Hopefully, that makes sense......

Have a GREAT Wednesday everybody!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Day 3:

Exercise Challenges - Nope! Will be done all 3 days tonight though! Already did my 20 min Zumba before work and 35 mins worth last night.
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today – Yes
    Walking Challenge: 2 miles
    Burned 585 (31915/32500)
    Minutes 35 (35/1950)
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    (from amazing_grace:) I just realized last night that I haven't been putting my two cents worth on this thread - I read it, and I comment on your posts, or answer questions, but I haven't been marking for myself if I am under calories, how much water - etc..... I'm so sorry for that oversight! I've been updating myself on the spreadsheet, but will try to do better about putting it here as well (especially since I asked all of you to do that!!!!!!!) blushing

I too must apologize - i hardly ever post here, but update the google doc's - i do enjoy (very much) reading what is happening -
    and i commit to be better at getting here :)

hope you have a great 'hump'day !!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you are doing an awesome job!!! Reading the thread is always so inspiring for me to get off my rearend and get things done! -especially you Dorie! A great workout on your rest day?! Thats commitment!

Got my miles in today and working on the water and under cals (both are looking good). Doubling up on exercises tomorrow.

Make it a good day!

Edit:
    I like how everyone is marking their minutes and calories for the challenge.

Calories: 4,209/32,500 - 28,291 remaining
    Minutes: 502/1,9050 - 1,448 remaining
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 4:
    Exercise Challenges - yes, did yesterday
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today – yes
    Walking Challenge: 3.57 mi walk
    Burned 210 (2224/32500)
    Minutes 60 (427/1950)

cowansar – The 5K was supposed to be April 28th but we decided to go camping that weekend instead. I just signed up for a race this Saturday. I’m excited! Congrats on the 4.5 miles! That’s awesome -- I’m only good for 3 miles!

M00nflwr – I’m getting addicted to my app. I’m sure you’ll really enjoy it! I might have to check out Endomondo.

Carrie – Dust yourself off – new day tomorrow with renewed motivation! Attack it!

Quietlywinnin, tbhoover, and Shelle68 – nice job!

Teresa – good luck with the Groupon ad. I’ve always felt that being overwhelmed with clients is a great problem to have! As always, thanks for coordinating all our efforts! Aye aye captain!

Nice to hear from you, musky4 and ttaylortulsa!

Kelly
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 2 = 10/130 = 120 remaining
    Calories Burned: 560 = 3899/32500 = 28611 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 90 = 568/1950 = 1382 remaining

Things are going great over here!

Ive been trying new recipe and really focusing on what I eat and making sure im getting my exercises in each day. I am feeling totally on point for the challenge. Im loving seeing the "this time in 5 week" numbers.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -No - will make up tomorrow
    Water- 10 cups
    Under calorie goal today - No!
    Walking Challenge: 0 - Rest day :)
    Burned 589 calories: 4571/32500
    Minutes 86: 680/1950

Hi everyone! Today I am not feeling as motivated! I am going to take my rest day and my overage in calories! I am just feeling really tired tonight. Tomorrow I will make up for it! I plan on taking a nice long walk -- thinking about 10 - we will see! Then I will do the exercise challenges for today and tomorrow.

Bethany -- You are doing awesome girl!

Shelle -- Glad you are getting back in the groove!

Kelly -- another GREAT day! You rock! Congrats on the great time for you practice 5K. Good luck on Saturday - can't wait to hear all about it!

ttaylortulsa -- thanks for the kind words! I am trying but still have those days that kick me in the *kitten* (like today)!

Here is to a great tomorrow!
    Dorie
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -No - will make them up tomorrow
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yes!
    Walking Challenge: 0

Tomorrow will be better!!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Wednesday of Week 2

Exercise Challenges - no, have to catch up tomorrow
    Water- 13 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: none today :( gotta catch up......
    Burned calories - 106 = 3392/32500 I am no longer ahead!
    Minutes exercised today - 30

I had kind of a bummer day. It is COLD again/still and I'm really tired of the cold. I just do NOT want to go outside at all. Today was our "grandma'sitting" day and for some reason my child and the "grandma" were fighting over me ALL DAY LONG. When I paid attention to one, the other was jealous. Fortunately, I was strong and just played mom to both, making them take turns and be polite and correcting unkindness....but usually they get along fine, so it was a hard day. I don't like pulling rank on an old lady. Her dementia makes it required on occasion, though. After 6 hours of that, I came home to get ready for a 30 minute senior fitness client then a one hour massage. Then I made dinner and read bedtime stories and started on the laundry and dishes and all that jazz.. Not at all a bad day or an overly hard day, just draining, I guess. Tomorrow is my BIG work day - which I am thrilled to have. I also have my own massage business and it is my main income, which has been a bit slim since starting over in a new state twice in the past 19 months....but I'm settled and business is picking up.

If I'd just get on the ball with the exercise and walking, I'm guessing my mood would brighten back up.....so give me a kick in the butt any time you think I need it. Tomorrow I'll be burning some calories for sure - I have 7 massage clients (half hours) scheduled at the nursing home! The last one is a man who loves his massages so much that he gets the giggles when he gets up and checks his range of motion. He makes my day every single week!!! I'm looking forward to that!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hey to my friend, quietlywinning..... I'm sorry you had such a draining day. Glad that today is another chance to do it again! I know how tough it is starting over in your biz... I'm praying for you my friend, for your business too, and hope you have a FANTASTIC day today!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    I just want to put something out there for thought. I am one that is not in agreement with the extension of the workout days. Being able to extend them another week only makes it easier to put it off and therefore loses the whole "challenge" aspect. If we know we are leaving for the weekend or whatever, I would think that we could adjust "ahead of time" vs going into another week and thus, causing our points to take 2 weeks to calculate. Not to mention that it is part of dealing with the regular aspects of life in that we have to learn to work around all of the curve balls but keep on top as much as possible to see results.

I don't think it is in "our" best interest, at least not mine, and I hate to see it cause more work for our leader after all she has already done.
    I have done NONE of the exercise challenges thus far this week due to many different issues but I do not want to think that I can roll them over onto another week. I really want to get them done before the end of Saturday night. Afterall, they are "this" week's challenge.

Please don't anyone take offense. I am just offering my opinion but on the other side or the spectrum. :)

Just for thought....
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I did no challenge exercises yesterday and no walk (YET) today -
    but i did get caught up on some exercises today - checking off wk 1 day 6 (DONE with the week) -
    done w/wk 2 day 2 & 3

i may have to go back and look - but the exercise challenges 'start' (?) on sunday? or is it monday (?)
    hmmm --

@ queitly - where do you live?? I'm in WI and its been .. quite ... cool
    BUT TODAY IS TO BE 58 -- YEAH - almost perfect
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just want to put something out there for thought. I am one that is not in agreement with the extension of the workout days. Being able to extend them another week only makes it easier to put it off and therefore loses the whole "challenge" aspect. If we know we are leaving for the weekend or whatever, I would think that we could adjust "ahead of time" vs going into another week and thus, causing our points to take 2 weeks to calculate. Not to mention that it is part of dealing with the regular aspects of life in that we have to learn to work around all of the curve balls but keep on top as much as possible to see results.

I don't think it is in "our" best interest, at least not mine, and I hate to see it cause more work for our leader after all she has already done.
    I have done NONE of the exercise challenges thus far this week due to many different issues but I do not want to think that I can roll them over onto another week. I really want to get them done before the end of Saturday night. Afterall, they are "this" week's challenge.

Please don't anyone take offense. I am just offering my opinion but on the other side or the spectrum. :)

Just for thought....

Im in agreement personally. I asked originally about it because I wanted to know the policy but I am totally down with finish that weeks exercises that week. Like you said thats the challenge. But I am a rules person and I like to be kinda strict with them. I like to set goals and reach them.

If we are working on a points system then the people who get the weeks challenges done during the week deserve more points then those who dont cut out the time in their week to complete them.
  • shapestocome
    Options

Just for thought....

Im in agreement personally. I asked originally about it because I wanted to know the policy but I am totally down with finish that weeks exercises that week. Like you said thats the challenge. But I am a rules person and I like to be kinda strict with them. I like to set goals and reach them.

If we are working on a points system then the people who get the weeks challenges done during the week deserve more points then those who dont cut out the time in their week to complete them.

I agree with not having a whole week to make it up. I was just thinking to give us Sunday since there is no exercises that day we could work on any day that we missed for the week. Since if you miss Saturday you really have no time to make it up. But I don't think we should have a week I was just thinking Sunday. And honestly -- I will do whatever everyone wants - I just wasn't aware of the policy but now that I do know, I can work ahead so I am okay with whatever everyone wants.

Dorie
  • shapestocome
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -Yes!- Made up yesterday, did today, and did tomorrow's too!
    Water- 8 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yes!
    Walking Challenge: 10.4 :)
    Burned 1041 calories: 5612/32500
    Minutes 171: 851/1950

What a difference a day makes :) -- Felt so much better today. Got a 10.4 mile walk in and got to catch up on the exercise challenges! And we went out for wings with some friends and I was able to partake and not feel guilty going over my calories! I hope everyone had a great day!

Dorie
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My day:

Exercise: Yes! Made up yesterday's, too! And did an extra ab workout.
    Water: I'm at 13 cups and still counting! My run and my salty Indian food made me thirsty.
    Calories: Yes! I'm not done eating yet but I have 900 calories left, so I think I'm good to go...
    Running: Did W2D2 of Bridge to 10k.

Awesome day! I can't believe I've only been over my calories ONCE since we started this challenge. Feeling awesome!
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    just stopping in to say hi and let you guys know I'll be away this weekend
    I won't be able to weigh-in tomorrow but I will Monday AM when I'm home!
    have a good one everyone!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Day 5:

Exercise Challenges - Not as of last night but will be hitting them today since I am finally off work!
    Water- 12 cups - This one is NO problem for me. I LOVE water!
    Under calorie goal today – No... blew it with lns'ing.
    Walking Challenge: 0 = 3/12

So glad that today I am off. I will be getting the challenge miles worked on and caught up on the week's workouts. I don't ever want to get this behind again. What a PMS week!! Good grief!