bikini or figure?

Options
what made you decide which one you wanted to compete in?

For me, I chose bikini, because I :heart: the beautiful muscles, femininity and lack of required poses. Plus, I kinda like the suits better, too. Just a personal preference overall. I do very much respect and admire figure competitors, though!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I am going for bikini first i think, but figure is certainly my overall goal :] Will just take a few years to get there xD
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I am going for bikini first i think, but figure is certainly my overall goal :] Will just take a few years to get there xD

very exciting!! When will you do your first bikini show? You know I'll be supporting and cheering you on, proudly!! :bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

very exciting!! When will you do your first bikini show? You know I'll be supporting and cheering you on, proudly!! :bigsmile:

I can't decide! I was thinking next summer maybe :] Would like to go through1 bulk cycle first i think :]
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm still considering bikini, but m still thinks that I'm crazy for even considering it. I think the last time we talked about it the word he used was delusional. He's never before been anything other than very supportive, so ive been taking his response pretty seriously.
    Options
    I'm still considering bikini, but m still thinks that I'm crazy for even considering it. I think the last time we talked about it the word he used was delusional. He's never before been anything other than very supportive, so ive been taking his response pretty seriously.

aw, that stinks. Support is so important. Maybe one day he'll change his mind on it.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I decided on Bikini because I didn't want to get to BUFF! lol I like how Bikini is great muscle tone,but not to much.So excited to be on this journey!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Ipuffyheart: the suits are much cuter for Bikini IMO, which is a factor for me too.

But I'm trying for Bikini because it's more attainable for my body type and it fits my lifestyle since (I assume) Figure would take a bit more discipline to achieve. Also, Bikini is just my personal preference though I think I admire the Figure mentality more.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm planning to compete in figure next year. While the suits are cuter [and less expensve] in the bikini division, I just really want to challenge myself and step it up a notch physique-wise.
    Options
    I'm planning to compete in figure next year. While the suits are cuter [and less expensve] in the bikini division, I just really want to challenge myself and step it up a notch physique-wise.

you got that right - less expensive, but good for you for shooting for the stars and best of luck!!
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will be doing figure in may, i build muscle easy so i figured i would try that first, then if i don't like it then i can always do bikini in the next one, i really wanna go for fitness next year though
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I will be competing in figure in June for the first time. I have a very large frame, being 5'10", and tend to carry a lot of muscle naturally, so I don't know if I could compete with the girls in bikini. I also naturally have the "V' shape that is looked for in figure, with wide shoulders and a narrow waist and hips. I've seen good results so far prepping for figure, but we'll see.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I will be competing in figure in June for the first time. I have a very large frame, being 5'10", and tend to carry a lot of muscle naturally, so I don't know if I could compete with the girls in bikini. I also naturally have the "V' shape that is looked for in figure, with wide shoulders and a narrow waist and hips. I've seen good results so far prepping for figure, but we'll see.

Pretty much the same, only I am shorter. And my competition is Saturday.
    Options

best of luck on Saturday!!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Good luck!! Your updated photo looks great!
  • Toyya
    Toyya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I choose Figure, based on multiple things. One, I don't haev the body for bikini. I am naturally too muscular and thick. With that in mind, figure was a really good fit body type wise. I also do like the figure suits better. The way they cross in the back and are all sparkly, makes them feel like something different than a regular bathing suit. I feel like for most people you're going to have a body type that puts you into one category or another. You can always do whichever you want, but run the risk of not doing as well.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started out in Natural figure, but even the natty gals were getting bigger, so also did bikini (they allowed cross-overs). So now going back in after having baby #6 and with all my medical issues, I'm doing bikini to start. We shall see from there.
  • samanthastewart
    samanthastewart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I chose bikini because of my hourglass shape. According to my trainer he tells his girls which one they would fit best in (bikini or figure) based on their body shape mainly. Curves = bikini. Broad back or no curves = figure. Of course other things come into play but I was training with my friend Amanda who is going to be doing figure and when we asked him why we were better suited for those and not vice versa, that's what he told us.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I just did Novice Figure this June 2nd.
    Options
    I just did Novice Figure this June 2nd.

awesome!! How was it? Love your suit!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Very tough competition. Everyone looked amazing.