What are some of your favorite horror movies that aren't rea

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
weird it cut off my topic title, it;s what are some of your favorite horror movies that arent really well known?

Wait Until Dark, The Collector, Hatchet are some of mine I had a bunch of others I was gonna list but now my mind went blank lol

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    That aren't really scary?

Hmm don't have any favs that aren't scary. Wait no, I take that back. The Saw series. All of them. They didn't "scare" me but they did make me curl into a ball with my hands over my eyes and ears because the gore got to me :laugh:

Other than that maybe Jason vs Freddie, although it was kinda stupid and had me laughing on a few parts.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    House 2
    Fido

why am I drawing a blank?
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    "Dead of Night", it's a classic, I could watch it over and over again.

"And Soon the Darkness" although I'm guessing more people would know it as they remade it a couple of years ago.

Dario Argento films, I'm sure most horror fans are aware of "Suspiria" but his earlier work is amazing also.

Love the giallo genre also.
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options

Dario Argento films, I'm sure most horror fans are aware of "Suspiria" but his earlier work is amazing also.

I never delved too deeply into giallo. I have liked what I've seen though (Suspiria, Opera, Deep Red, some Fulci stuff). Any recommendations?

Sometimes, since the horror fanbase can be so rabid, I have trouble telling what is considered lesser known. It seems like everything has its own followers. When I was a kid I thought I was the only person to ever see certain movies. It was always exciting to meet someone who loved Pumpkinhead, Motel Hell, or The Tall Man from Phantasm. As I got older I realized that horror fans were there own little community. Pretty much every movie has someone giving it some love somewhere.

There are definitely a few movies I remember renting in high school that I can't find anywhere nowadays. "The Invisible Maniac," "The Ice Cream Man" (with Clint Howard), and "The Granny" were trashy early 90s vhs rentals I remember fondly.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

I never delved too deeply into giallo. I have liked what I've seen though (Suspiria, Opera, Deep Red, some Fulci stuff). Any recommendations?

Sometimes, since the horror fanbase can be so rabid, I have trouble telling what is considered lesser known. It seems like everything has its own followers. When I was a kid I thought I was the only person to ever see certain movies. It was always exciting to meet someone who loved Pumpkinhead, Motel Hell, or The Tall Man from Phantasm. As I got older I realized that horror fans were there own little community. Pretty much every movie has someone giving it some love somewhere.

There are definitely a few movies I remember renting in high school that I can't find anywhere nowadays. "The Invisible Maniac," "The Ice Cream Man" (with Clint Howard), and "The Granny" were trashy early 90s vhs rentals I remember fondly.

Motel Hell - loved that ****! creeped me out with the - damn, don't want to spoil - ummm the catch and prepare method?
  • istalkzombies
    Options

haha Pumpkinhead is the ****!, Motel Hell is pretty bad *kitten* to.
    American Crime and Malevolence are to early 2000's ones that are pretty sweet that arent too well known, Trick Or Treat is pretty cool to. I need to go through my DVD's and break out a list of some of the ones I have.
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    Trick R Treat is great.

And I was just cleaning out the basement for an impending yard sale and found a vhs of "The Ice Cream Man" (as well as a few dozen other old horror tapes). Might have to track down a vhs player to give that another viewing.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    Trick R Treat is great.

And I was just cleaning out the basement for an impending yard sale and found a vhs of "The Ice Cream Man" (as well as a few dozen other old horror tapes). Might have to track down a vhs player to give that another viewing.

I kept my VHS player for these types of things ahaha
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

"What Have They Done To Your Daughters?" isn't just a great title, it's a really engaging film. "Torso", "The New York Ripper", "Don’t Torture a Duckling", "Bay of Blood", "A Lizard in a Woman’s Skin", and "Hatchet for the Honeymoon" I would also recommend.

Argento's "The Bird with the Crystal Plumage" and "The Cat o’ Nine Tails", I've yet to see " Four Flies on Grey Velvet".