How Long Have You Been Binge- Free?

Options
Hey y'all! I have been doing really well this week and haven't binged in 5 days. Hoping to continue the streak this holiday weekend! How long has it been since your last binge? Are you feeling better about it?

Replies

• steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!
    Well, you saw my post about my last binge which was about three days ago. I felt horrible, but this site has helped me A LOT. Before logging, I never realized how much junk food I actually put in my mouth whithin the span of even one day :(. I have greatly improved since then and I feel like seeing myself do good in my food choices, emotionally and mentally keep me from bingeing again. Because that is my proof that I CAN do this. Before my last binge on Tuesday, I had gone about 3weeks without a binge and i felt great!!

I know what foods I eat are absolutely my choice, but last Tuesday my binge began when i was being nagged to join in on the pizza and the food was even served for me! I felt almost forced but once I took that first bite.... Oh boyyyy, I went crazy! Lol, for me its all in avoiding that first bite/taste. Which is hard! But absolutely possible :)
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    13 days :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,901 Member
    Options
    15 hours. Lol.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Almost a whole week! That's a major accomplishment for me! :embarassed:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    5 days..getting there.
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Since Monday so if I don't binge tonight that's 5 days. But I've still been over my calorie limit all week and not eating very healthily so I'm not feeling very proud at this stage.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I guess we have to classify what a binge really means. I haven't had a really REALLY bad one for a few weeks now, and going over calorie goal or not eating healthy is STILL better than a binge or BINGE (with caps!) @Keladry so pat yourself on the back and keep going.

I am really trying to up my calories and increase my metabolism, but Thursday i was just SO TIRED and strung out. By afternoon every little thing seemed like just a huge effort. I couldn't even imagine waterskiing like I had planned on Friday. I tried a cup of coffee, but that only got me to about 8 PM.

Summer
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today!
  • 1leahsb
    1leahsb Posts: 12
    Options
    Binging today! I canNOT seem to break the cycle. ugh. Its been about a month now. Had a few good days sprinkled in there but nothing long enough to break the cycle. ugh ugh ugh. I wish I could have someone follow me around everywhere.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    leah, just try to limit the binge a little bit if you can't control it completely. Do something like give yourself 1K calories to eat whatever you want. Mix it up. Try something different to break free! You can do it.
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    It's been a week for me. It's been really hard since Thursday, people kept putting Easter candy in my face and not just candy, chocolate. I just handed it back and said nope, can't have it. Even when they said take it home to your daughter. Again, nope can't have it. It was just easier that way.

Leah, just try putting it off for 5 minutes at a time and slowly make it longer. I found that is really helpful to me. I put it off as long as I can and like I said, it's been a week now.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    2 weeks since I practically put myself in a food coma and in so much pain from english muffin peanut butter toast that I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I do fine as long as I'm around people, but let me alone...
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this group is here. I've binged the last three nights in a row. I keep telling myself, just eat what you want now, and tomorrow you can start over. And then I eat myself sick. Last night it was peanut butter on crackers and oatmeal cookies.

I do eat "bad" foods as part of my daily calorie goal so as not to deny myself my favorite junk foods.

And I do eat all of my calories so that I'm not hungry all the time.

Hopefully this support with help.
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks summerskier. I still haven't binged or eaten to the point where I felt uncomfortably full all week so I am pleased with that. Anyone who has slipped - don't give up or feel too bad - you can't change what's in the past you can only try to do better :)
  • pamelazee
    Options
    One day success. Didn't do it last night, and I think it has a lot to do with this group.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    less than a day :(
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I binged yesterday :-(
  • pamelazee
    Options
    If I make it tonight, it will be three days. :)
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A week :) easter binge had to happen :-/
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I WAS 8 weeks....****ing Easter.
    Now 3 days I guess