Starting on the 16th

Options
So I Recieved Mine in the mail yesterday and Will be starting on Monday. I was just Wondering If anyone else will be also. It would be good to have other people to compare notes with.

Replies

• hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting on the 16th as well. I've had the DVDs for a bit but it's taken me a while to get organized to start.
  • mae924
    mae924 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday the 16th too!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to join you all in on this Monday... I was planning to start the 19th (Thursday) because I have an exams on the 16th and 18th and don't want to overwork myself (plus I'm eating very poorly right now throughout these exams, oops) however I like the idea of starting with a group, having that motivation and support.

Just wondering though, is everyone planning to do the kickstart week or just start with the program?

I won't be following the meal plan per say. I've looked at it, I've acknowledged there's good points and bookmarked a couple recipes but I don't think it's for me as I'm extremely picky and don't control the food in my house. Plus I like fruit way too much. I saw no strawberries on the one guide and almost gave up the program there and then XD I'll still eat well, aiming for a net of 1300 calories, but yeah, not doing the meal plan strictly.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow too (Monday the 16th)
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started today (Sunday, April 15th). I was going to start on Monday too, but I felt like Saturday would be a better rest day for me. I always have crazy busy Saturdays (kids events etc), so I am going to see how this goes. If it doesn't work, then maybe in a few weeks I will switch to Sunday rest day too like everyone else.

Workout 1 was a blast! I couldn't do Cardio 1 as planned today, but I do plan to do Workout 2 and Cardio 1 tomorrow and follow the kickstart plan the rest of the week.

I am super excited!! Let's do it together guys!!
  • valwes04
    valwes04 Posts: 58
    Options
    I had started before and then I had a foot injury (NOT from Body Revolution) So, now I am starting back tomorrow, monday the 16th! I am not planning on doing the kick start program, because I am trying to do c25k as well. I will not be following the meal plan either- got a large family to feed and we eat pretty healthy, I'm just watching my portion sizes! :)
  • fit_fitter_fittest
    Options
    I'm starting today! Not following the kick-start plan or the diet plan. I'm doing a Body revolution and Chalean Extreme hybrid and will be eating 1400 cals + exercise cals, hopefully will be making good food choices. Let's do this!

And just to feel more committed, I'll be starting a blog too.
  • tvcromer
    tvcromer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting on the 16th! Doing the kick start. Plan to follow the meals for kick start, then mix it up for the rest with her meals & other healthy recipes. Aiming for 1400-1500 cals after week 1. Excited!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Starting today...in a few minutes actually. Wish me luck! Lol
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I also started this morning!

And I LOVED it!!! Was lovely to be able to actually complete "level one" of a Jillian DVD without having to pause it/stop/take a breather.

I'm excited for tomorrow now!!!

Good luck to all :)
  • allibean15
    Options
    Hi! I got mine saturday and started this morning! Its good to have someone on exact same schedule. I have never fully committed to any exercise let alone one that goes every day so I hope I stick with it. Do you know how to log it into MFP?
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you!!

Don't forget to measure yourselves!!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Completed Workout 1 for week 1. It wasn't that bad. I felt like maybe I was doing something wrong because it was so easy. Well...easy isn't exactly the word for it. LOL
  • danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started today! First workout wasn't too bad! Add me if you like! Good luck to everyone starting today~
  • princess2boys
    princess2boys Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also started today and am excited for the results.

A secret...I tried to start last week...bought all of the ingredients for the Kick Start plan. Made it thru the afternoon eating well and then it all took a turn for the worse...for the rest of the week.

Today I started counting my calories and easily stayed within myfitnesspal suggested limit, so I'm hoping that is a better solution for me.

I've also committed to running a 5k mid-June so I believe I will be using that as my cardio on Wednesday/Saturday and one other day.

Looking forward to seeing the results with all of you!

Christie
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    Wahoo, day one of the kickstart is over for me!

I did both work outs in a row, didn't have the time to space them apart. Burned 621 calories according to my heart rate monitor, and that's even with me being out of shape and having to take a couple breathers in the cardio video. My cold didn't help the cardio but I made it through! And work out one was great, no complaints. Most if actually reminds me of the 30 Day Shred.

Great to see that everyone is doing so well!
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also started yesterday, and today I am so sore and tired, it is going to be a real battle to do today. Time for positive reinforcements in my head.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did Workout 2 and Cardio 1 yesterday back to back. And boy, was that a crazy workout. Absolutely AWESOME and CRAZY! I think I am always going to space out the workouts going forward LOL

Just did Cardio 1 again this morning and it was much better to do it by itself. But those running mans are doing me in.

Good luck to everyone!
  • CrimsonVail
    CrimsonVail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also started yesterday :) Love it
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    I also started yesterday, and today I am so sore and tired, it is going to be a real battle to do today. Time for positive reinforcements in my head.

Ahh! You have no idea how much this post made me smile once I saw positive reinforcements! I tip my hat to you, keep up the fantastic work!

I'm using a bit of a token economy for my weight loss... I give myself points for a variety of healthy eating behaviours and exercise behaviours. Added a new point for completing both parts of Kickstart Day 2 today. Soon enough I'm going to have enough tokens to get my big token/reinforcement that I want, wahoo!

... I'm a bit of a dork, sorry.

Running mans do me in too! Bah, they're hard. I have no coordination. But I really love how much fun Jillian is in this cardio video, with the dancing and I also love her interactions with Natalie (from the 30Day Shred) as well.

Keep it up everyone, seems like everyone's doing awesome.