Week 6

Options

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Done with D3 & ran nonstop -woo hoo !! Here I come week 7 :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Yay,I just finished Week 6! So glad I have Day 3 under my belt because I was seriously dreading that run and I did it without stopping! :) Bring on Week 7.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done. And.... I skipped the 3 minute walk, kept running for 23 minutes. I always find the first 5 minutes or so, soooo hard, but it get so much easier after that. I think I prefer the longer runs to the interval runs. Day 3 should be fine.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    And day 3 now done as well.

I wonder if we even need the app after this one, it's just 25 mins next week and then on and on.... I guess keeping it up is going to be the biggest challenge!
  • cupcake26
    cupcake26 Posts: 11
    Options
    just did week 6 day 1 yesterday. I honestly didnt think that i would make it this far!
  • TotalBodyCoach
    Options
    Completed W6D1 today! Woot!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Week 6, day 1. done.

Brrrr, it was chilly outside today and I'm pretty sure I didn't dress properly. I'll have to get that sorted out.
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    starting week 6 today. This is my second time through the program ( the first time I had to stop at week 7 because of an injury) and Im very nervious for this week. This is the week where I started to really notice that I had to fight with my brain when it was telling me I needed to stop. Im hoping now, 71 lbs lighter, that there wont be as much of a mental struggle, but i do feel hesitations around going for the run tonight,
    wish me luck
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can join the W6 club now! Did W6D1 tonght....usually do it on the running track but the athletic club was on it so had to pound the pavement instead! Whilst it was harder as its not flat all the way, it was a lot less boring, I thought I had an extra run to do when my nice lady on the app said 'cool down now :)
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well done week 6'ers!

Week 6 day 3 for me tomorrow.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Did week 6 day 1 today! I've just started to run outside and today was my first time ever running on the beach (I'm on vacation)...omg hard!! I definitely felt it the last half of the 8 min run and the last 5 min run...I'm hoping I get stronger though! I felt like I was less winded after the full 20 min one the other day!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Repeating W6D2...did it two days ago, I had to stop at 8 min on the second 10 min run:cry: just wasn't feeling it, couldn't get my breathing right. Took a break for a couple of days, rested my legs, now I'm ready to get back at it:bigsmile:
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Had to repeat the first day of week 6 :x
    I actually wanted to do the first 10min, but then felt pretty weak, so I decided to do the 5-8-5 :x
    Gonna do better in two days time :)
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Week 6...DONE!:drinker:
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Week 6, Day 2 tomorrow. I've tried C25K once before when I had much much much less determination. But his ttime I'm already further into the program than I've ever been. I can't quite yet see the finish line but this time, I'm sooo gonna reach it!!! :-)
  • gersoco
    Options
    Completed Day 2!!! For the last 1/4 of my second 1 mile run, I just kept saying to myself "just 1 more second" over and over again.
    When does this get easier!?? LOL.
  • gersoco
    Options
    Wow, three posts in a row and all mine. That's not too strange. LOL!
    I just completed my Day 3, 2-1/4 run and now it's off to Week 7!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Week Sixers!

I've just completed Day 1 yesterday - I was up and out running by 5:30am! I didn't find it too bad, though I did make the mistake of thinking I could run faster than I really could again on the first running section. I managed to recover and reined it in a bit for the following ones. It is frustrating because my brain is telling me I can run faster than this, but my body obviously disagrees at the moment!

I can't wait til I'm doing a full half hour running, and can start working on increasing the distance I can run in that time! :smile:

ETA: Still can't believe I'm looking forward to running longer! Absolutely mental lol
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it too bad, though I did make the mistake of thinking I could run faster than I really could again on the first running section.

Wow, I made the exact same mistake. I thought, "well heck, I ran for 20 minutes last week... I should be able to fly through five minutes now!" Uhhh..... no..... I should not. :embarassed:

Slow and steady, slow and steady, slow and steady....
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it too bad, though I did make the mistake of thinking I could run faster than I really could again on the first running section.

Wow, I made the exact same mistake. I thought, "well heck, I ran for 20 minutes last week... I should be able to fly through five minutes now!" Uhhh..... no..... I should not. :embarassed:

Slow and steady, slow and steady, slow and steady....

That needs to be my mantra lol!

I've completed Day 2 this morning. I found it harder to get going on the second set of running, and was thinking afterwards that I might have found it easier with no walking breaks at all, strange as that sounds. I seemed to lose momentum with having to slow down, so I'm hoping that Day 3 proves my theory. I suppose it doesn't help that most of my route is up a massive hill, but I'm hoping that by doing it each time, it will get easier and it will make me fitter overall.