New FitBit user...Question??

Options
trysha1231
trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
OK FitBit users! I have a question. So I started using it this morning, and used the timer for my exercise sessions. But for the rest of my day, to calculate calories burned and steps for the day, do I just basically clip it on and go?? I
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats, yes just clip in the middle of your bra(best place to put it) and go. when you do any activity(workout) you put the timer and then don't forget to press it again when finished until you see stop. also at night for sleep press it on timer and when you wake up press until you see stop. =0D
  • trysha1231
    Options
    Fantastic, thank you! I am going to try the sleep mode tonight!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    I love it, I have sleep apnea and in the begging it would show me that I would wake up 13 to 14 times at night.(interupted sleep) but now from working out and losing the weight i'm down to just 3 times of interupted sleep now that is awesome improvement.
  • trysha1231
    Options
    Good for you!!! And just think, it is only going to improve more!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    most definately. have a great Thursday
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats, yes just clip in the middle of your bra(best place to put it) and go. when you do any activity(workout) you put the timer and then don't forget to press it again when finished until you see stop. also at night for sleep press it on timer and when you wake up press until you see stop. =0D

New user here: Why is the middle of your bra the best place to put it?
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options

i feel that it's safe, it doesn't move there at all. and i don't have to worry of it falling
  • Krissy366
    Options

Ohhh! LOL. I thought there was some "technical" reason why that was best. I tried it there, and found that my stomach interfered with it being comfortable (hopefully that will change someday). I keep mine just below my bra strap and find it is very secure. And I never feel that it's there. Love it.

i feel that it's safe, it doesn't move there at all. and i don't have to worry of it falling
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    whatever works for you Krissy lol
  • carriework
    carriework Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had a question. I'm worried that my Fitbit might get sweaty and stop working.....any suggestions. ?
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    it takes more than sweat for it to stop. dont' worry. and if something does go wrong put it into rice.
  • ahawks98
    ahawks98 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I am new to fit bit-today was my first day and was a little confusing but reading all your comments I think I'm getting the hang of it. I will try the sleep mode tonight. Thanks again!
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I love my FitBit and the sleep monitor was worth every penny of it! I am still up many times a night, but I can now start tracking what I ate, what kinda of mood I was in before I went to bed, my asthma, ... ect and know what triggers me waking up so many times.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I am also tracking a bunch of stuff.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit 2 days. Can you tell me about the timer? I don't know how to do that? Thanks!
  • Krissy366
    Options
    I have had my fitbit 2 days. Can you tell me about the timer? I don't know how to do that? Thanks!

Hold the button down until you see a counter clock come on. Then when you want it to end you hold the button down until it says stop. I only use the time for sleep. :-)
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mareahh
    mareahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the fit bit as well. Does the fit bit automatically transfer information to MFP?
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    No. You have to go to tools on MFP and sync them together.