Two For Two In Two Challenge Until April 30th!

Options
aarnoldmcf
aarnoldmcf Posts: 41 Member
Who among us want to join me in a challenge to lose at least two lbs in two weeks?
Here is what you do:

1- Look at your food journal and determine what TWO food items you need to TURN DOWN for the next TWO WEEKS.
2- Reply to this post and list what you will commit to as your "turn down" foods.
3- Then you just FAST, PRAY and WEIGH!
4- With focus, this will get us each TWO LBS!

Some example Turn Down items can be:
- No Red Meat
- No Sweets
- No Sweet Tea
- No White Carbs
- No "2nds plates" at dinner
- No Fast Food
- No sodas
- No fried food

Replies

• aarnoldmcf
    Options
    aarnoldmcf (Toni) will turn down 1) Red Meat and 2) White Carbs
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I'm in -

My two will be Diet Sodas (after I finish this one :wink: ) and fried foods. I already fast two non consecutive days a week, does that count for the fasting part?
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    1- Look at your food journal and determine what TWO food items you need to TURN DOWN for the next TWO WEEKS.
    2- Reply to this post and list what you will commit to as your "turn down" foods.
    3- Then you just FAST, PRAY and WEIGH!
    4- With focus, this will get us each TWO LBS!

Some example Turn Down items can be:
    - No Red Meat- No Sweets- No Sweet Tea- No White Carbs- No "2nds plates" at dinner- No Fast Food- No sodas- No fried food
    Wellllll.... I have already given up all of these except red meat, and only eat that maybe 1-2 x a week. It would be too easy to 'turn down' something I only have to turn down 3 times!

So not only will I 'turn down' red meat, I will 'turn down' sitting to fold laundry and sort and such. I will also 'turn down' sleeping past 7. I will rise, praise, sing, and eat with Jesus and then do my workout routine.

I am beginning strength training, so I am stressing muscles and making muscle tissue, thus my weight may not indicate a loss, but I will measure today and at the end. I prefer water retention as tissues repair themselves after stress to the alternative! But I wish you all well....Will post weight changes.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    WVUALUM:
    Yes, we will count that for your fast.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    Remember that the TWO TURN DOWNS are in addition to the my fitness pal plan you re currently observing to stay within your calorie goals, as well as, burn via exercise each week
  • littledebi
    littledebi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join you NEXT WEEK as my first week. Traveling this week has already presented a challenge in exercising...not motivated on the road.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    Ok Outfitters,
    This was harder than I thought! I didn't realize how many white carbs I eat. I cheated on the red meat one time, when I had some chili on this past Friday. The white carbs was a challenge. I failed on that one, however, I still managed to lose at least 3 lbs so far. So I still have the rest of today and Monday for this challenge. On May 1st, let's all check in and see how we ended up for the month of April to determine who won the challenge.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    Ms. WVU Alum,
    How is the Two for Two challenge coming for you?
  • wvualum
    Options
    Ms. WVU Alum,
    How is the Two for Two challenge coming for you?

I have given up the diet soda. But haven't done the fried foods thing, but I have stayed within my calorie target 90% of the time. I have lost 6 lbs in April.

It would be great if we could do a combined spiritual and weight loss challenge for the Month of May.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    Looks like several of us experienced weight loss with this. Who got the most in the last 2 weeks of April?

Toni ( me, aarnoldmcf) got 3 lbs.
    WVU got (?)

6 lbs in one month is great! If you could cut the fried food back to once per week, or even only two servings per week, that would be great! I have pretty much replaced fried fish with baked, grilled or broiled. It is more in your mind than it is in your taste buds. I have to admit, Fried chicken is still good to me, but I must eat what I need, more than what I want. Everyone's fried chicken is not all that good. It's in the mind! The fleshy, taste buds, the fragrance in the air.... not big deal, you can get past fried foods!.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Looks like several of us experienced weight loss with this. Who got the most in the last 2 weeks of April?

Toni ( me, aarnoldmcf) got 3 lbs.
    WVU got (?)

6 lbs in one month is great! If you could cut the fried food back to once per week, or even only two servings per week, that would be great! I have pretty much replaced fried fish with baked, grilled or broiled. It is more in your mind than it is in your taste buds. I have to admit, Fried chicken is still good to me, but I must eat what I need, more than what I want. Everyone's fried chicken is not all that good. It's in the mind! The fleshy, taste buds, the fragrance in the air.... not big deal, you can get past fried foods!.

It looks like I lost between 3.2 and 4.4 lbs the last two weeks.

I probably should not have picked fried foods as my thing to give up. Because it is not something I feel I need to do to lose weight, and right now my main goal is to get the weight off.
  • aarnoldmcf
    Options
    Fried foods have more calories, thus allow us small portions to stay within our nutirional balance. For me, it's enough to make your mad, so I'd rather have more in portion in baked, grilled or broiled food. Nutrional balance is important for consistent weight loss. So if you are getting in all of your nutrional balance, in spite of eating fried food, that is what counts. However, again, this would be a challenge to do. I think your weight loss rate is great! If you are losing 1.5 lbs - 2 lbs per week (6 -8 lbs) per month, that is reasonable and healthy. Remember, you want to lose weight AND keep it off. If you lose too much faster than that, it may not be maintained weight loss. Keep focusing on portions, nutrional balance and physical activity. You can eat whatever you want, in moderation. This process takes patience. I know our society wants everything fast, but when we gain weight, it happens over time. So losing it, will also take time. As long as you keep making progress, CELEBRATE! This must be a lifestyle change that we can maintain, so if I have to lose it at a slower rate, to make it a lifestyle change, that is better than losing weight at a fast rate and then picking back up 12 lbs, because it was not lifestyle based.