Week 2 People

Options
13»

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just finished W2D2 today, and decided to continue the intervals (90sec running/2min walking) for a full 5k, just to see how fast I would finish...and my time was 43:30! I didn't think that was too bad! :)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well done! :D
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I didnt want to do W2D2 last night. I was tired, sore, blah, blah, blah... but I did it anyway and I felt great afterwards. I even stepped it up and ran a little faster on the middle running intervals. I am still horrible out of shape but every day it gets a little easier. Looking forward to W2D3 but scared of W3D1. I dont see how I am ever going to last for 3 minutes straight. My neighborhood has hills!!!! I need to find a flat place to run! Good luck everyone!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    W2D3 tomorrow! D1 was pretty rough...I got new 'better' shoes, and the extra support kinda threw me off. D2 was a lot better, so I'm hoping D3 tomorrow continues to improve!
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Will be off out to do w2d1 later, not sure how I feel really, mixture of nervousness and excitement!
    Doing it with pram again and another different route, though its literally a straight lane, so the scenery wont change but also no paths and road crossings to navigate either.
    I've set out 1mile markers so once I reach marker 1 I'll turn back.

Hope it goes well.

How are all the other week 2-ers doing?
  • QueenB985
    QueenB985 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Completed w2d1 this morning and I'm soooo in love with this program!!!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D1 today! Im surprised how much I like it!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I did W2D1 on Saturday around a local park. There was still track left, so I ran a couple of extra intervals on my own just for grins. Then, on Sunday I ran W2D2 with just a bit of extra at the end also. Yesterday my left hamstring became really sore, and it has continued today, although to a lesser extent. I'm hoping to do W2D3 tomorrow still, but we'll see...
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 today. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm a little worried about day 2 though. We'll be out of town at a hotel so I'll have to do it on the treadmill. I've never used a treadmill before!
  • dayatatime1
    dayatatime1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 2 tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but Week 1 was easy for me when I was nervous about that, so I think I can do it! I just need to remember to focus on breathing. I think a big part of success with this program is just taking it day by day and not getting too psyched out about what's to come.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I found Week 2 to be a significant step up from Week 1. I've been doing the run segments at between 6-7 MPH which is a clip for someone completely out of shape (such as me). I found myself really struggling to maintain that pace for 60 seconds during Week 1 and was really nervous about Week 2. So yesterday was W2D1 for me and I thought I was going to die - I almost gave up after the third run (and my Nike + GPS shows a definite drop off in pace for my fourth run) but I still managed to squeeze out the last two runs at paces that matched the first three... so maybe there is something to the whole "second wind" idea.

Anyway, it felt great to finish and know that I didn't give up. But looking ahead to Week 3.... running for 3 straight minutes?!?! I can't imagine I will be ready for that unless I really slow down my pace which I'd rather not do. I guess we'll see.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Holy cow opus, you're really moving out with that speed!

I just did w2d1 and was a bit worried beforehand. When I did w1d3, it was harder than the previous 2 days had been for me. My left calf cramped up (this is a recurring thing with that calf) and I actually had to stop and stretch 2 times and even with that was really struggling to finish. Today though I walked one mile and then stretched, then started the program and it went great. Boy was I smiling after that first 1:30 interval, because then I knew I could do it. The smile was gone by the last interval as I huffed and puffed my way to the end but I'm pretty pleased at the progress. The jogging motion felt ever so slightly more natural and relaxed today and the breathing didn't seem to be as much of a problem. I am doing this on the treadmill and need to get one of those apps to tell me when to speed up and down as I think it makes the time go slower when I'm staring at the timer on the treadmill lol. I'd rather try to zone out as the running intervals get longer! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I start W2D1 today -- coming off a sprained ankle (not from running -- just stepping down the wrong way) from Thursday, so we'll see how this afternoon goes.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Red, Linking Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Rise Against, Foo Fighters, and Three Days Grace is my running music list.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am on w2d2. I am having trouble when I slow down to walk that I can get my breathe. I do ok while running its when I slow down I have issues, Is that weird?
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday and felt like a bamf because I got through it all like it was a breeze! Was surprised. My chest didn't hurt and I didn't get side stitches either. =D
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did W2D1 this morning. I did it at a considerably slower pace than W1D3 on Saturday. A little down on myself with the pace, but it'll happen. I pushed hard on Saturday and ended with a sore hip on Sunday and Monday which is why I delayed until this morning. I fell good though that I finished it. I wanted to quit a few times. :(

Hoping that W2D2 tomorrow is better. :)