Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Level 1 done once, 4 days later...

Mrs_ALM
Mrs_ALM Posts: 39 Member
Let me start by saying I have fibromyalgia and I assume this may be contributing to this more than anything but I'm not sure...

I did level 1 workout on Tuesday, now Saturday, 4 days later, my calves and back of the knee are still in severe pain. I am still unable to walk normal so working out has been a no go since then. During the workout and immediately after, there wasn't pain - I know when to avoid pushing myself too hard. Has anyone experienced this extreme after just the first workout?

I read on the FB page (after this happened) that you should do the cool down 3 times and drink a protein shake after for the first 5 days. This would have been helpful to know before hand but then again, this could be my fibro not allowing me to do this.

I was so excited to start this and now I'm frustrated. Any suggestions? Anyone with fibro have success without constant pain and possible injury?

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't have fibromyalgia but I did have the exact same problem. Every since after day one my calves have been KILLING me... like beyond normal soreness. i would get out of bed and barely be able to walk. Everyone said the soreness got better after the first couple of days but not for me... if anything it got worse. The rest of my body was sore too, but a normal amount of soreness, like what I would expect. Finally yesterday (Day 5 for me) I decided to take a day off and let my muscles rest. I'm getting back to it today and my calves do feel mostly better. So I would suggest giving yourself a break.

Also, I did start drinking protein shakes after the workout and I have no idea if it's actually helped, but it does make me feel better about it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Ohhh wait sorry I read your post totally wrong. I thought you've been doing it every day for four days, not that you did it once four days ago. My bad :ohwell:
  • Mrs_ALM
    I don't have fibromyalgia but I did have the exact same problem. Every since after day one my calves have been KILLING me... like beyond normal soreness. i would get out of bed and barely be able to walk. Everyone said the soreness got better after the first couple of days but not for me... if anything it got worse. The rest of my body was sore too, but a normal amount of soreness, like what I would expect. Finally yesterday (Day 5 for me) I decided to take a day off and let my muscles rest. I'm getting back to it today and my calves do feel mostly better. So I would suggest giving yourself a break.

Also, I did start drinking protein shakes after the workout and I have no idea if it's actually helped, but it does make me feel better about it.

Thanks for the reply! I'm hoping I can start back up today and do the cool down a few more times & add the protein shake. If I hurt like that again, then it's too intense for me to start right now. :ohwell:
  • I just completed day 2! I hope day 2 is better for you today!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Let me start by saying I have fibromyalgia and I assume this may be contributing to this more than anything but I'm not sure...

I did level 1 workout on Tuesday, now Saturday, 4 days later, my calves and back of the knee are still in severe pain. I am still unable to walk normal so working out has been a no go since then. During the workout and immediately after, there wasn't pain - I know when to avoid pushing myself too hard. Has anyone experienced this extreme after just the first workout?

I read on the FB page (after this happened) that you should do the cool down 3 times and drink a protein shake after for the first 5 days. This would have been helpful to know before hand but then again, this could be my fibro not allowing me to do this.

I was so excited to start this and now I'm frustrated. Any suggestions? Anyone with fibro have success without constant pain and possible injury?

Hi Sorry I know that I am late to this but how did it go?
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Sorry I´m late replying to your post I´ve just been catching up with all of them and saw this. I also have fibromyalgia, hence the user name! I did first 3 days no bother but then suffered from sciatica and had to have a break but started again today. Sometimes you have to just be careful and do whatever you can do and watch with the weights that can be a killer with fibro. Exercise is a definate help but you need to be careful not to over do it, I find walking the best thing for me and lost 22lb last year but sadly it´s all gone back on due to other health problems but I´m hard at it agin to get it off.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member

I know Jillian says NO to a modified Jumping jack, but I would suggest that you try doing the workout with a modified JJ. There are alot of these in the workout and they seem to be the root of the sore calve issue. Good luck
  • Mrs_ALM
    I started up again last night. Tried to take it a bit easier, stretched more at the end & added a protein shake. So far so good EXCEPT for the knee pain that I know is part of the fibro. I have a brace and will have to use it when I work out. One of my knees is off and on cooperative - especially when our weather can't decide if it's summer or winter. Any other pains, I can tell it's regular workout muscle pain. :)

Sorry I´m late replying to your post I´ve just been catching up with all of them and saw this. I also have fibromyalgia, hence the user name! I did first 3 days no bother but then suffered from sciatica and had to have a break but started again today. Sometimes you have to just be careful and do whatever you can do and watch with the weights that can be a killer with fibro. Exercise is a definate help but you need to be careful not to over do it, I find walking the best thing for me and lost 22lb last year but sadly it´s all gone back on due to other health problems but I´m hard at it agin to get it off.

Yeah, I find if I can't do anything else, the treadmill or walking is my resort. It seems to be the only thing that doesn't kill me with the exception of my knee. It decides to flare up when it wants and feels like someone has twisted my knee out of place. Usually the brace helps unless I've over worked it.

I will definitely keep the thread updated. Having fibro is really a mood killer and makes it hard to keep from getting frustrated, but I'm determined.
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    That´s good to hear that you managed to start again, I´m so sore today but then I did do the yoga meltdown too yesterday! My knees are a problem too but I have osteoarthritis in one of them and it just decides to play up at the most inconvenient times lol ! Take care and keep posting how you´re getting on and feel free to add me as a friend if you want ongoing support with the fibro :flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_ALM
    Alrighty well, my progress has been less than satisfactory. :sad: I think the cardio may be to intense for the knee that I have trouble with. I really wanted to do this 30 day shred but I have to keep myself safe first.

I'm probably going to resort to walking as my cardio and just doing the strength and ab exercises from the dvd. The jumping jacks, jump roping and butt kicks are what's putting too much impact on the knee. I was really looking forward to getting shredded but I don't need to completely shred my knee in the process.
  • EReeves2
    EReeves2 Posts: 34 Member
    I started the 30DS on Monday. I wasn't able to finish all of day 1 because the whole thing was pretty intense & I ran out of time (got started too late). Today, Tuesday, I took it easy & just walked on the treadmill today for my workout. But I am sooooooo sore. My legs & butt are the worst of it, but my arms and abs are pretty sore, too. And somehow, even with all that I am going to do it again tomorrow morning. I'm a glutton for punishment. :)