Replies

• PopcornPig
    Options
    Me too! Yum
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I havent cooked something new for a while so tonight I'm having

Taco's made with Field Roast Chorizo vegan sausages, mushrooms, onions and red peppers...topped with avocado!!!
    I'm also going to roast some cauliflower and broccoli

Mushroomchorizotaco.jpg

I ate super fast last night so this is a pic of lunch today. The filling is taking over my soft taco shell and that is 1/4th of an avocado. This was the most delicious taco I have made at home!!! The veggies were okay.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    mmmm looks delicious! I'm making "Oh She Glows" butternut mac 'n cheese
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I made homemade gorditas last night and they were so bomb. like as good as the real Mexican places in Chicago. I just used the recipe on the back of bob's red mill masa harnia flour. filled with galaxy vegan cheese (my new favorite) and black beans.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's my 35th B-day so we are grilling out:

Eggplant
    Zucchini
    Yellow Squash
    Portobellas
    Red Onion
    Homemade Indian Lentil Burgers (Sambar with rice and garbanzo flour mixed in)
    Homemade Hummus w/ Jicama and Celery for dipping
    Garlic Stuffed olives
    Homemade Gluten Free CHerry Rhubarb Pie with an Almond Crust
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    These all sound a-mazing and have given me tons of ideas! Thanks for sharing, and please keep the great recipes coming!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I made these last night. They were really good! I added an extra bell pepper and knocked the rice from 4 cups to 2 cups. I still got 6 burittos out of it!

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/03/burritos-with-spanish-rice-and-black-beans.html
  • kate_n_pjs
    Options
    Last night I made another amazing taco...I think this is becoming a habit (that I am going to keep)

In my taco/burrito/yumminess

1 red onion
    2 red peppers
    1 zucchini
    8 oz sliced mushrooms
    1.5 c. frozen peas
    2 carrots
    1 package seitan strips
    1/4 cup salsa
    1/2 package Southwest taco seasoning
    diced jalapeno
    extra seasoning...cumin, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder

Piled this on top of a Sprouted grain tortilla and for all you non-vegans...put some amazing Colby Chipotle Pepper cheese on top with half an avacado. This was over flowing so I added a few Blue-corn-flax tortilla chips to clean up all the messy spillage on my plate.

I LOVE TACO NIGHT!!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    tonight is pizza...hubby will have cheese pizza and I'll have no cheese just veggies nom nom nom
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Tonight I had Quinoa Pasta with Garbonzo beans in a tomato/Jamaican Jerk sauce. I mashed a little of the chickpeaas to give it some thickness and it was heavenly.
  • kate_n_pjs
    Options
    Just about every week I have "HOMEMADE VEGGIE SUSHI NIGHT"
    Last night I took pictures to share, because it is so good and fun!!!

Tonight I made rolls with the following fillings: 1 red pepper, 1 avocado, 2 asparagus spears, 4 inches of cucumber, 1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts, 1/4 package extra firm tofu (stirfry left over), 1/4 stir fry shiritaka noodles with hoisin sauce, Braggs Liquid aminos, Siracha sauce, black sesame seeds, and 4 sheets of Toasted nori

The set up:
    vegroll1.jpg

The Rolls:
    vegroll4.jpg

vegroll3.jpg

vegroll2.jpg

Me eating: I don't cut them, just eat them burrito style!

vegroll5.jpg

I have also done carrots, and brown rice...but it is mostly about using what I have!!!
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Tonight I made asparagus, fat free vegan tofu scramble, a slice of wheat bread and some sliced avocado. Super yummy brunch for dinner!
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That looks sooo good. It's hard to be vegan when you are the only one in the family! But, I still try. I could use some more friends also. :flowerforyou:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend and I are going for Indian food tonight, so it'll be either Channa Masala or Aloo Gobi!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm having some grilled portabella mushroom caps with some vegan cheese made on the george foreman grill, vegan mac n cheese, and some broccoli. I usually mix the broccoli and mac n cheese together. or possibly seitan stroganoff with grilled mushrooms on rice. so many choices.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Beet balls! with pasta, sauce, and asparagus. Maybe a beet cake too with soy icecream if i'm feeling up to it.

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/02/beetballs-a-vegan-gluten-free-soy-free-sausage-recipe.html
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat chili beans from a can with brown rice like...every to every other night?

I LOVE IT.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I need to stop looking at this thread in the late afternoon when my belly is rumbling but dinner time is soooo far away! But I'm loving it, you guys have so many awesome ideas!

My contribution - tonight I'll be finally utilizing my Spirooli and making zucchini noodles. I'm planning on a "meaty" tomato/eggplant/tvp/onion/garlic sauce to top the noodles.

Then I'll be waiting to see how long it takes my fiance to work out he isn't eating pasta :)
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I made the Naughty and Nice Vegan Enchilada Casserole from Oh She Glows the other night, big hit with the family, even the meat loving husband!

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/12/13/naughty-nice-vegan-enchilada-casserole/
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I made the Naughty and Nice Vegan Enchilada Casserole from Oh She Glows the other night, big hit with the family, even the meat loving husband!

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/12/13/naughty-nice-vegan-enchilada-casserole/

OMG! Isn't it good? I literally dreamt about this casserole. So yum!