Just starting out...

Options
danikiz
danikiz Posts: 12 Member
Hey guys,

I'm new, looking for some advice to get back into the groove.

I'm usually a 1200-1400 (if I'm bad) person, but I used to be 1000 or less, and well, I'd like to get back to that 1000-1100. I know that once my body gets used to it, I can lose weight instead of retaining what I have packed on.

I don't have any horrid cravings, or overeating tendencies-- but if there's something in front of me that I want to eat, I'll probably eat it, which is terribly dangerous when counting calories. It doesn't help that I live with a chip/cheese lover.

I've been doing okay the past few days, today especially (thanks MFP!), and I'd also like to get in some lightweight exercises. I'm starting out on running at a track, but would appreciate just hearing what some of you other low cal ladies and gents work out with.

This is my first post on MFP, so please let me know if it's not appropriate in some way.

Thank you!

Replies

• 2gettinfit
    2gettinfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba at my local YMCA, it burns a ton of calories and you'll have fun doing it too!
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i agree love zumba
  • danikiz
    danikiz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've heard tons of things about zumba, but I really have no idea what it is. Is it just like dancing?
    They offer it at my campus rec for free certain days, I'll try it out! :) Thank you!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! I could do it every day, but my doctor just told me I needed to add strength training back into my routine.

I like the jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD. It's hard when you first start out, but at the half way point, you will be amazed at how strong you are.

I'm starting my 30 days tonight. This will be my second time.
  • 2gettinfit
    2gettinfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah Zumba is a lot of dancing and different moves, I do recommend doing some sort of strength training too, I'm sure Jillian's video is awesome, I also have some of the biggest looser videos which are all good too.