Anybody else not seeing any changes at all?

Options
2»

Replies

• pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm screaming with you guys....
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i would like reiterate what someone said before. one pound is 3500 calories. if you are working out and following a meal plan (either BR or your own) and weighing or accurately accounting for your portion sizes, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have gained 6 lbs from food in the past week. THROW THE SCALE AWAY. just last week, i felt poochy and had gained 3 lbs overnight... it lasted for two days, but i doubled my water intake, quit weighing myself and i'm back to where i was before feeling poochy (didn't change my calories or workout regimen either!) i'm in workout 10 and i can tell you this program definitely works. i've only lost about 7-9 lbs, but my clothes fit better and i'm down at least one (maybe two) sizes in pants. hold out!!! it's only 90 days and phase 3 is the one that is supposed to extinguish any fat left on your body so we'll see what it does!
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i would like reiterate what someone said before. one pound is 3500 calories. if you are working out and following a meal plan (either BR or your own) and weighing or accurately accounting for your portion sizes, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have gained 6 lbs from food in the past week. THROW THE SCALE AWAY. just last week, i felt poochy and had gained 3 lbs overnight... it lasted for two days, but i doubled my water intake, quit weighing myself and i'm back to where i was before feeling poochy (didn't change my calories or workout regimen either!) i'm in workout 10 and i can tell you this program definitely works. i've only lost about 7-9 lbs, but my clothes fit better and i'm down at least one (maybe two) sizes in pants. hold out!!! it's only 90 days and phase 3 is the one that is supposed to extinguish any fat left on your body so we'll see what it does!

i have been upset about this program too concerning weight loss as i am just about to start phae 2 but have only lost 1 lb and no inches but i will try, i say try, very hard to reserve judgement until the whole program is over. i am trying to look at it as my body is not the same as anyone elses and will do what it does with the diet and exercise i give it no matter what it's 'supposed' to be doing....frustrating yes, but hopefully i will see the results i want at the end of the program
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing ANY weight, but I feel like I'm definitely losing inches. My clothes are getting baggy and I can see some muscle definition (although not much because I still have a bit of padding covering 'em up... not to mention loose skin, ugh!).

I wish the scale were moving more - but I'm eating higher calories so I'm actually doing what Jillian says we won't do (which is build muscle). I could try dropping my calories down low again, but I seemed to plateau last time I did that (and didn't have enough energy).

I dunno.... sticking to it. I took my measurements on day one and have lost the sheet. Hopefully I can find it this weekend and re-measure, now that I'm about half-way. If I see some real progress with inches lost, I'll definitely feel better about that stubborn scale.
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I just started week 7 today. Basically throughout the 6 weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs (I started at 117 and I'm back to 115). I was down to 113.5 and now I'm back up 1.5lbs this week. While the scale is not currently my friend I have lost about 18inches total. I'm getting stronger and my endurance is building and people are starting to notice changes in my body. Just the other day my boyfriend mentioned that my back was starting to have the v-taper that Jillian loves so much (you know, the one that creates the illusion of a smaller waist), and I was excited. I'm just slightly discouraged from the lack of weight loss. I don't want the illusion of a smaller waist, I actually want one!
    Just gotta tough it out and hope that I'll see some better results when I weigh-in this Sunday.
  • Jmfo1
    Jmfo1 Posts: 5
    Options
    It's great to see all your comments. I was actually getting pretty bummed out because I've been losing and gaining back the same 3-4lbs. However, I did lose almost an inch in both my hips and waist. I am seeing more definition and strength overall, but those stubborn scale numbers can be discouraging. I've really started tracking my food the past 3 weeks, and I'm just hopeful the pounds will start melting away by phase 3. I'm currently on week 6, working out 6 days per week (with at least 2 extra cardio DVD workouts each week). I'm eating 1200 calories. Trying to lose 15lbs. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone :-)
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    well count me in guys as i have lost 5 pounds but not because of jm 30 ds but mostly due to drinking water .. in initial week after wards lost on weight at all though its my 4th week. i feel my scale to be creeping though ..... frustrating but i am happy to have lost inches around 3 at waist :)
  • giorgiannap357
    giorgiannap357 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    great to read this post about the workouts. I want to loose about 15-20 lbs as well. I am in Phase 2 (just started it on Monday) I did not do the Kickstart program and I do not follow her diet plan. I was consistent with the workouts and well....gained about 4lbs. Yes my endurance increased but after so much sweat I want to see a result worth going forward. I only measured myself today (I wish I would have done so earlier) because I did not notice any differences in the way the clothes fit.
    I dont think there is anything wrong with her workouts, a workout is a workout and as long as you sweat a bit doing it, it really does not matter if you do so using Jillian/P90X/Insanity, I think it is more closely related with diet. I am pretty sure that if I was to follow the program to a "T" diet and exercise I am sure the results would have been much better. I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day. However I think it depends what does 1400 calories a day is made of, what is the ratio of carbs/fiber/protein/sugars. Her meals may be 1200 a day but if they are mostly made up of a higher protein to carbs ratio they are much better for your body as opposed to 1200 calories made from sugars /fats/carbs. This is what i think which may explain to some degree the reason for lack of results for many people including myself. While i see this as the biggest weakness in my quest for weight loss, I find it close to impossible to stick to her eating plan (or anybody elses) firstly I find it to be very costly, secondly lack of time for cooking and preparing the food on a daily basis; the cost being the biggest reason why i dont see myself following it daily.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is anything wrong with her workouts, a workout is a workout and as long as you sweat a bit doing it, it really does not matter if you do so using Jillian/P90X/Insanity, I think it is more closely related with diet. I am pretty sure that if I was to follow the program to a "T" diet and exercise I am sure the results would have been much better. I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day. However I think it depends what does 1400 calories a day is made of, what is the ratio of carbs/fiber/protein/sugars. Her meals may be 1200 a day but if they are mostly made up of a higher protein to carbs ratio they are much better for your body as opposed to 1200 calories made from sugars /fats/carbs. This is what i think which may explain to some degree the reason for lack of results for many people including myself.

The bottom line - we need to be truthful to ourselves on our (food) intake and how much effort we put into our workouts; we only get back what we put in!

The scale hasn't changed for me since day one (so now I stopped using the scale), most IMPORTANTLY to me the inches are not coming off (so now I’m waiting till the end of program). As a result, feel so much better now that I don’t have the pressure, I can concentrate on what needs to be done. I've upped the calorie intake, and added extra cardio 2x a week. Am I discouraged - ABSOLUTELY! Am I going to give up - NO!

Through away the scale, stop weighing yourself (at the beginning of the program and at the end of the program). It’s not about the number on the scale, it’s about how you FEEL!!!

Best of luck to each of you!
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    now that i have finished 30 ds and starting all over again. i lost 8 pounds in total and 7 inches in total.....now i can say it is really effective... cant weight to see difference in next 30 days
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am coming to the end of week three and I have not noticed any weight changes, nor have I lost inches :( I wasn't going to measure until the start of phase two, but I just couldn't help myself. After reading comments about this being a big fat lose program, how does that work for those that my only have a few pounds to lose but want to be more toned? Guess I didn't fully look into the program before buying, just like all the JM workouts, so wanted to try something new
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am coming to the end of week three and I have not noticed any weight changes, nor have I lost inches :( I wasn't going to measure until the start of phase two, but I just couldn't help myself. After reading comments about this being a big fat lose program, how does that work for those that my only have a few pounds to lose but want to be more toned? Guess I didn't fully look into the program before buying, just like all the JM workouts, so wanted to try something new

I actually don't see big changes myself, I have to lose about 20 lbs- I'm in week 5 and lost couple of inches and only 2 lbs!!! However, I was just reading an article online and it said that when you do strength training- you lose fat and at the same time you gain muscle. So it said there that muscle weights more and takes less space, that's why you may see your clothes fit better, but you won't see much change on the scale or sometimes no change at all. Also, this trainer said not to trust the number on the scale because that number contains water, food, bowel, and all other organ weight. So his suggestion was to weight yourself only once every two weeks and to actually calculate your body fat %. I am tracking my body fat % and it went down however my scale says I haven't lost any weight. So don't get discouraged, you're doing great :happy:
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    However, I was just reading an article online and it said that when you do strength training- you lose fat and at the same time you gain muscle. So it said there that muscle weights more and takes less space, that's why you may see your clothes fit better, but you won't see much change on the scale or sometimes no change at all.

Muscle and fat actually weigh the same. When you build muscle you begin to have water retention from the muscles repairing themselves and so forth. There's lots of good posts explaining away this myth on mfp for those who are curious. They all have links and so forth. It may be worth looking into for some.

But that's typically why you see the gain - from the water retention. Honestly you can weigh the exact same at the end of a program as you did at the beginning but be down sizes and so forth - because you replaced your fat with lean muscle instead - which is why Jillian recommends in most of her things to take the measurements. You'll lose inches faster than pounds when you have a goal of dropping a few pounds on the scale.
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    What are you doing for your diet portion of it?

I am an emotional eater and a run a stressful lifestyle which has affected my metabolism in a very basic way. So, her Fat Burning Meal Plan meals have been so important to me. Cooking my own foods and shopping right has changed the way I live.
    I broke my plateau because of the way I eat not because of her workouts alone I 100% believe that because I've never "not worked out"

I lost 3.5 lbs on the Kickstart and 1.3 pounds the following week. Before this I was on the longest plateau imaginable. This is a lot of weight lost for me because I do not have much to lose.

If you are interested in following my journey, I have created a blog which I will be posting to daily describing how I prepare the meals and detailing my progress with the entire 90 days of workouts. I do not in any way work for Jillian (huh i wish) I highly recommend following the Fat Burning Meal Plan as closely as possible just because I have experienced it and broke out of my plateau I believe not just because of the workouts but because I changed what goes into my body.

Here is my blog-
    http://julsinfinite.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there! I love encouraging others and hope to inspire you towards your goals as your inspire me.
    juls