March/April WLS Conversation Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I think I need to change the time of day I go for my walk because I keep running into neighbors and chatting!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Hey, what's up everyone? I'm still tracking but I am not as accurate as I used to be. I keep forgetting to put stuff down and remembering it later.
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    HI THERE WLS PALS. IT HAS BEEN AWHILE BUT I HOPE TO BE CONSISTENTLY BACK ON LINE AGAIN.

I'M STRUGGLE WITH THINGS LIKE WATER WHICH AFTER THREE YEARS SHOULD BE SECOND NATURE BUT ALL IN A SUDDEN IT HAS BECOME DIFFICULT LIKE IT DOE NOT WANT TO GO DOWN. FORTUNATELY, I'M STILL MAINTAINING EXCEPT FOR THE MEDICATION RELATED FAT THAT JUST WON'T STAY GONE AND THESE DAMNED DR'S THAT JUST DON'T GET IT. I WORKED TO HARD TO GET UNDER GOAL TO BOUNCE UP AND DOWN 10-20LBS AT RANDOM.

I'M STILL PISSED OFF. STILL B!TCHN'&MOAN'. STILL WORKING MY PROGRAM.

I'VE GOT A LOT OF READING TO DO SO I CAN CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    I think I need to change the time of day I go for my walk because I keep running into neighbors and chatting!!

I find this to be true even at the health club. I make a special effort to keep moving. If people want to chat they have to chat while I am riding bike or exercsing.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    HI THERE WLS PALS. IT HAS BEEN AWHILE BUT I HOPE TO BE CONSISTENTLY BACK ON LINE AGAIN.

I'M STRUGGLE WITH THINGS LIKE WATER WHICH AFTER THREE YEARS SHOULD BE SECOND NATURE BUT ALL IN A SUDDEN IT HAS BECOME DIFFICULT LIKE IT DOE NOT WANT TO GO DOWN. FORTUNATELY, I'M STILL MAINTAINING EXCEPT FOR THE MEDICATION RELATED FAT THAT JUST WON'T STAY GONE AND THESE DAMNED DR'S THAT JUST DON'T GET IT. I WORKED TO HARD TO GET UNDER GOAL TO BOUNCE UP AND DOWN 10-20LBS AT RANDOM.

I'M STILL PISSED OFF. STILL B!TCHN'&MOAN'. STILL WORKING MY PROGRAM.

I'VE GOT A LOT OF READING TO DO SO I CAN CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU.

Welcome back MSW. I have been MIA myself with life struggles.
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I'm still here, tracking Monday thru Friday and usually taking the weekends (esp. Saturday) off. I'm not necessarily taking "off" from my eating plan but I find I need a break from the constant writing down of every thing that goes in to my mouth...it keeps me sane.

As I get closer to being back at the low end of my goal weight range, I find the pounds C-R-E-E-P off. I am trying not to let that be discouraging. It's been two weeks since a loss; looking forward to SOMETHING this week!

How's everyone else??

~~Marilyn
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Marilyn,

Don't get discouraged. Those last 10 pounds will be hard to get off and takes patience to get thru. You can do it.

Me I am struggling and being mindful and not beating myself up either. So far this week doing good.

I hope you have lost something this week! :drinker: If not a maintain is great! and so much better than a gain.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    How many of you weigh yourself daily?

I know Angel does or she used to and the same for MacMadame. Since last week I went back to it. It seems I do best weighing everyday no matter what. I don't know why I stop but I have to be very firm with SELF and step on that scale every single day.

Your thoughts if any are appreciated.

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello all... had my bypass 3/7/2012 and still adjusting. At the urging of posters in another thread I now am weighing only once a day. Much better this way. I am back to work next Monday and I am sure I will start to reduce the weighing myself to a few times a week.

I am having a hard time with my mushy food items. Seems like a lot of food just get's stuck. Pretty much down to scrambled egg whites, cottage cheese and very mushy tuna salad and shakes. Sometimes I think it would just be easier not to eat.

On top of that I got a little cold virus.... helped the scale move for sure. Hahahaha... everyday is a learning experience.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Marilyn- Those last few pounds are really tough to lose. I struggled for a few months to lose those last few pounds. I was within 2 pounds of my goal last June. Just couldn't shake them. Then I gained about 3 pounds over the holidays. Finally, the weight has started to move again. I am now about 1.6 pounds under my goal. I changed up my exercise routine a bit, and started to log my calories again. Hang in there. I know it is frustrating, but you can do it.

Mollie, I weigh every morning and I keep a graph of my weight. The graph is good for 3 weeks and then I use another color pencil for the next 3 weeks. It is pretty interesting to look at the pattern over a long period of time. For example, I almost always go up on Tuesday or Wednesday. Why? I have no idea. At one point, I thought it had to do with the exercise class I was taking, But I didn't take classes for 8 weeks and I still had the same pattern. I know I will fluctuate from day to day, and also if I have had soup or something salty. But I can deal with a 1 or 2 pound increase because then I know I need to be extra good before that 1 or 2 pounds turns into 5 or 6. I have been doing this long enough so I don't get real upset if the weight goes up a bit. I also only log my weight on MFP on Monday. That is my official weigh in day.
  • CruellaClo
    Options
    I am having the same problem at my local park. Chatting plus got roped into volunteering for something!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Marilyn- Those last few pounds are really tough to lose. I struggled for a few months to lose those last few pounds. I was within 2 pounds of my goal last June. Just couldn't shake them. Then I gained about 3 pounds over the holidays. Finally, the weight has started to move again. I am now about 1.6 pounds under my goal. I changed up my exercise routine a bit, and started to log my calories again. Hang in there. I know it is frustrating, but you can do it.

Mollie, I weigh every morning and I keep a graph of my weight. The graph is good for 3 weeks and then I use another color pencil for the next 3 weeks. It is pretty interesting to look at the pattern over a long period of time. For example, I almost always go up on Tuesday or Wednesday. Why? I have no idea. At one point, I thought it had to do with the exercise class I was taking, But I didn't take classes for 8 weeks and I still had the same pattern. I know I will fluctuate from day to day, and also if I have had soup or something salty. But I can deal with a 1 or 2 pound increase because then I know I need to be extra good before that 1 or 2 pounds turns into 5 or 6. I have been doing this long enough so I don't get real upset if the weight goes up a bit. I also only log my weight on MFP on Monday. That is my official weigh in day.

Thanks Lynn!
  • starrgazerlily
    starrgazerlily Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am now almost 3 months out from surgery. I'm down 43lbs since surgery and 61 since my initial consult. I had been working out with a personal trainer but then I got injured. My protein levels have been low so its taken a long time to heal. My NUT bumped up my protein intake to 125 gms a day and its a struggle to get it!! Also my serum iron levels and irons saturation are falling despite increasing my iron supplement. My hgb, hct, and ferritain levels are fine. So they are sending me to a Hematologist and I may have to have iron infusions. Has anyone else had to do this?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I also had issues with protein. But not with iron.

I had low protein even with consuming quite a bit for the first 3 years post-op. I was also training quite extensively. I had to stop training due to an injury and 3 months later, my protein was in the normal range for the first time since my surgery.
  • LosinMamaof2girls
    LosinMamaof2girls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 4.5 years out and have had 2 pregnacncies in that 4 years. I have always been slightly anemic but My iron dropped drastically after the last one. I kept blowing off the feelings I was having thinking it was just cause I wasn't used to having 2 kiddos.I started getting light headed and woozy so I went to the Dr and they referred me to a Hemotologist. I just finished 4 weekly iron infusions and feel so much better. They are really easy other then having to sit for 2 hours. LOL I go back for blood tests next month to check and see how things are. You will feel 100% better and it will be easier to exercise with the levels back up.
  • CruellaClo
    Options
    Wow the once a week weigh in is a good idea. I am 6 weeks post Bypass today and I seem to weigh myself a few times a day. I log on MFP when I weigh the same 3 days in a row. But I am going to try the once a week thing to see what happens. I might have to have one of the kids hid my scale the rest of the week.

Happy losing .

C
  • ZenRach
    ZenRach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hope everything is going great for you!

I had my WLS back in August of '11. It seems to me, within the past 8 months, I've had more colds/viruses than ever before. It could be the warmer Winter we had here in Wisconsin, but when I read that you were feeling ill, it made me wonder if perhaps that's a common thing for that first year out of surgery. Maybe just a coincidence too. :ohwell:

In regards to stepping on the scale, I have tried weighing daily and then switched to weekly. If I'm losing weight pretty steadily, the daily weighing is such a nice pat on the back. If my weight loss slows or stops, then daily weighing is like getting a daily dose of serious disappointment. If I weigh weekly, then any weight loss is great, but if I feel like I should have lost weight and I didn't - especially in a whole week - then I feel super disappointed. Maybe it's a perspective thing - like mind over scale or looking at the big picture?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
This discussion has been closed.