BAG END TO RIVENDELL

Options

Replies

• angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    100 miles in :happy:

"Leave Tom's house and climb zig-zag path to brow of hill on west side of Barrow-downs (ca. 9 a.m.). .."
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    143.8 mi. in.
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, just a day over two months, and I've finally reached Bree. Only 323 more miles to Rivendell.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    3 weeks in and at 18 miles: Eat at campsite. Water from a stream at the foot of the hill. "A little fall where the water fell a few feet over an outcrop of grey stone." After 10:00 a.m. when leave.

It's going to be a long road for me - LOL!!
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I've been doing this for four years and am finally close to Mount Doom. It's all about the journey and not how fast you get there. Enjoy the view and the adventure!!!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    347.03 mi - Continue in valley. Land starts to rise. Can see huddle of hills ahead
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I started this journey last summer, mostly with biking. Didn't do anything since about September. Now that the weather's nicer, I'm motivated to get back on track again, picking up where I left off with mileage. I recently started a c25k program, and I hope to start biking to and from work again once it's not so cold in the morning.
  • ajsmiley2003
    ajsmiley2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on my quest with Frodo and Sam from Bag End to Rivendell! Made it 4 miles so far, just Cross The Water on a plank bridge. Hope to see some of you along the way.
  • ajsmiley2003
    Options
    3 More miles today, Total of 7 miles. Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.
  • ajsmiley2003
    Options
    Where is everyone? I made it 3 more miles today, total of 10 miles from Bag End! -- Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I checked in. Forgot to wear my fitbit for a few days these past 2 weeks. Have noticed that I'm not walking as much since I started picking things up and putting them down on a regular basis. Must rectify that on my non lifting days.

05/06/2012 - 381.82 miles - Hills higher and steeper. They are forced north out of their way. Still raining. Camp on a stony shelf by a shallow cave.
  • ajsmiley2003
    Options
    Made it 1 miles yesterday and 3 miles today. Total of 14 miles! --Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this group's existence on MFP... So, I had decided that I would follow the books in chronological order, so I am walking with Bilbo. I just reached Rivendell yesterday! Yay! As of last night, I was at 399.58 miles
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this group's existence on MFP... So, I had decided that I would follow the books in chronological order, so I am walking with Bilbo. I just reached Rivendell yesterday! Yay! As of last night, I was at 399.58 miles

Congratulations!!!!!!
  • mehs04
    Options
    As of today (5/14/12), I'm at 194.95 miles. "Camp in eastern part of the Marshes. See flashes of light in the east during the night (Gandalf on Weathertop)." Only about 45 more miles to Weathertop.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 'Back Again' side of things. I've been keeping track of my progress for a couple of years now and I'm at 2,172 miles tracked. No hair on top of my feet but the soles have gotten fairly tough.
  • mehs04
    Options
    I'm on the 'Back Again' side of things. I've been keeping track of my progress for a couple of years now and I'm at 2,172 miles tracked. No hair on top of my feet but the soles have gotten fairly tough.

That is awesome! Someday I hope to get there. Whose journey did you follow once the fellowship split?
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ok - I haven't posted on here for a few weeks (13th March was the last time!!) Mainly cos I don't download my run stats very often. Anyway since my last post I have run just over 54 miles. This now give me a total of 106.5 miles so currently I am part way though here:
    Leave Tomâs's house and climb zig-zag path to brow of hill on west side of Barrow-downs (ca. 9 a.m.). On ponies go up steep slopes and down long limbs. No trees or water. Turn more east than they intend and enter the Barrow-downs, a place of great dread: inhabited by evil Barrow-wights from Angmar.

I will try and remember to pop back more often!
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ha, I am back today. Cycled 6 miles in the sunshine so thought I had better log it before I forget. So thats 112.5 miles in now!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    144.8 mi. in.