Is anyone else addicted to The Sims games?

Options
2»

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Sims although I don't readily admit this to anyone else LOL. I love the Sims 3 and the expansions. I haven't purchased the Sims Showtime yet. Has anyone played it yet?

It's worth getting, I buy all expansions even though I hate EA. I like having the performance careers and you get a new town.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I love sims. I have to stay away though as i have lost 13+ hours at a time to it. Whole weekends lost to 4 generations of sims....

It's the obsession of creating a couple making them have babies just to see what they look like. I do sometimes get bored and create a new family. Unfortunately I do believe this game can only be played 10 hours at a time.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

It's the obsession of creating a couple making them have babies just to see what they look like. I do sometimes get bored and create a new family. Unfortunately I do believe this game can only be played 10 hours at a time.

That's exactly what I do. I make a female character. Select a man I like the look of and flirt like mad. Married, single, it's all the same to me. My character is a slut.....

Years ago in sims 2. I made me and my husband. His character didn't fancy mine. I hold him responsible!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I used to play the first Sims years ago as a kid and it was the only game I would play either on PC or PS2, both great games. I skipped The Sims 2 because I never had any money lol. I did play Urbz and other Sim games.

I got The Sims 3 on release for PC and enjoyed the hell out of it. I bought the Xbox 360 version a few months ago and it's a great game still. You can never beat the first Sims though. Rosebud :D
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I don't have interwebs.... Sims is where it is at.... :)

only if real life was that easy... *sigh*
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    I love sims. I have to stay away though as i have lost 13+ hours at a time to it. Whole weekends lost to 4 generations of sims....

LOL yeah the baby thing is so right
  • khloe_rebecca
    khloe_rebecca Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to play Sims 3 on my Xbox 360 but then I lost the disk :cry:
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    When I don't have interwebs.... Sims is where it is at.... :)

only if real life was that easy... *sigh*

I do find that I play the sims when I want to believe life is that easy. Weight loss can happen in a day, you can find rocks, catch butterflies & fish along with other creatures now and sell them to make a fortune. You get a pay rise at work just for being in a good mood and a promotion for reading a book or talking to yourself in a mirror. Once you have babies and the turn in to a "child" you can pretty much ignore them and just leave some food in the fridge if you can even be bothered giving them a proper meal and sometimes a child pops up that you didn't know you had, even if you are a female.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love the Sims. I'm not a closet player I'm open about it (lol). I have played the Sims since it came out, played TSO (the sims online) for almost a year until it started to die down and wasn't popular anymore. I own all the games still up to the most current which is The Sims 3 Showtime. The Stuff Packs are hard to keep up with though.

If you want a real nerd for the Sims, you're looking at the right person xD
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I used to be way more addicted to The Sims. It was a problem. I'd spend all day cleaning my Sims' houses and making sure they ate and went to the bathroom and bathed, and I'd look around and I hadn't showered and my house was a disaster and the last meal I'd eaten was a handful of Doritos. :laugh: Had babies and stopped playing The Sims because it was just too much temptation to sit and do nothing. Now I have The Sims: Medieval. It's still lots of fun, but for some reason I don't get sucked into it all day long.