Summer plans

Summerlove1993
Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
:smile: Last summer, we went to Disney World & Universal for two weeks, the bulk of the trip was spent with Mickey. We try to take a vacation every summer and have enjoyed Cape Cod several times as well.

This summer is going to be very different. Instead of expensive resorts and restaurants, we will be roughing it. I will not be buying a new bathing suit or fabulous pair of sandals. I will be buying air mattresses, sleeping bags, work boots, and jeans. I won't be packing my make-up bag, I will be packing my hammer. This year we are going on a mission trip to Appalachia with our church.

A big part of me wanting to lose weight is directly related to this mission trip. We will be working 8 hours a day in extremely hot temperatures, and we aren't allowed to wear shorts. I could end up putting on a new roof or nailing up sheetrock. Whatever my job for the week, I will be one of several adults in charge of 30 teenagers.

In other words people, I will need to be in better shape than I currently am. I do know that more weight loss will prepare me physically. The 14 lbs. I've lost so far have made a big difference already.

So, what are you doing this summer? Will your plans run more smoothly with less pounds on your body?

Replies

• I am hoping to be teaching summer school from 7:30 until 12:30, and then enjoy my afternoons at the lake or pool (live in Wisconsin, so no beach:BOOOOO ). I hope that you enjoy your trip!!!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    We're moving May 1st, so my summer will start by organizing our new place. My husband got diagnosed with Hep. C this winter, so he'll be going through treatment. So I'll be taking care of two children (one will be 33 years old and the other will be 2 years old hehehehe). I plan to keep my 2 year old busy by exploring our new stomping ground, taking parent/tot swim lessons, and a tumbling class. Somewhere in there I'll make sometime for myself!!!!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    sweetteach- I live in WI as well.
  • Awesome!! Where in Wisconsin?
  • Lake Tahoe end of May for a girls weekend with my mom, aunts, sister in law, nieces.... can't wait!! Then have a 1 year wedding anniversary with my husband for Mexico in July! We also have a ton of weddings.. and this is the first year I am NOT TEACHING SUMMER SCHOOL .... so I can focus on eating better and exercising!!!

27 more days!!!! (school days) haha
  • Summerlove1993
    Kriztyn: You have an amazing summer ahead of you! 27 more days...I've got 41. When is your anniversary? My 19th is on July 24th. Have a great time in Mexico!
  • I know, I went from zero plans 2 months ago to all this... I can't wait!!! Ours is July 23rd :) 19 years? Wow! Congrats!
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    summerlove what a great trip! what part of Appalachia are you going to?

we have 30 days of school left!

my summer plans include running a week of horse camp and helping with 3 other weeks. The rest of the time I'll be relaxing and somewhat productive :) We'll also visit my parents in Florida for a week and go to Disney for a day.

ahhh summer is just around the corner now!
  • I just LOVE Disney! I could not imagine going on a mission trip the size I am, but definitely something I have on my bucket list. This summer we will be going to Chicago and Colorado. I live in the Texas so summer has already started with the weather we have. Wearing a swim suit all summer long because you never know if there will be some water around to dip into to cool down.
  • Summerlove1993
    summerlove what a great trip! what part of Appalachia are you going to?

we have 30 days of school left!

my summer plans include running a week of horse camp and helping with 3 other weeks. The rest of the time I'll be relaxing and somewhat productive :) We'll also visit my parents in Florida for a week and go to Disney for a day.

ahhh summer is just around the corner now!

We will be in West Virginia. Horse camp sounds exciting. Disney World is my mothership!!! We went last summer, and it will probably be another year before we return.
  • Summerlove1993
    I just LOVE Disney! I could not imagine going on a mission trip the size I am, but definitely something I have on my bucket list. This summer we will be going to Chicago and Colorado. I live in the Texas so summer has already started with the weather we have. Wearing a swim suit all summer long because you never know if there will be some water around to dip into to cool down.

I pretty much live in my bathing suit all summer as well. Just another reason to keep on losing the weight. I got a cute bathing suit at Lane Bryant last summer that is sized according to your bra size. It fit so well and I didn't feel enormous in it, so I got another one. I just want to be smaller, lighter, and more comfortable in my own skin.