help body rev

Options
mc322011
mc322011 Posts: 36 Member
hello,

i need advice... i've been doing the body rev for 5 weeks now and i lost around 2 pounds only, yess i've lost some inches but since she's saying that the program is built to lose tremendous amount of weight....
i'm 5'3 and weigh 218... i'm eating 1580 according to mfp to lose 1 pound a week... i'm spending arouynd 250 calories on each 30 min workout, which I thin is kinda low but i,m giving everything I can....

do you gys think that it's because i'm not following the meal plan?

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat- just completed week 3 yesterday- and even gained couple of pounds- lost couple of inches as well. But I would be sooo much more motivated to see the scale number to go down. I'm 5'9 and in my healthy BMI need to drop 20 lbs mostly from my tummy and thights. I'm thinking that this program designed for extreme weight loss, probably that's why I'm not losing weight that fast ?
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Oh boy - a few of us have had this discussion. It is a proverbial "can of worms" - we all started this program with the expectation that we would be losing pounds and inches (Jillian Michaels says something like, "not 1-2 pounds per week, but 4-5 pounds, crazy, sick weight" ). Yes, even some of us who followed the kickstart and have kept to the meal plan are not seeing that rapid drop in weight, though we are getting stronger and tightening up. I'm beginning phase 2, and I'm honestly starting to think that even those of us who need to lose more weight cannot really accomplish it with only 30 minutes a day, so I'm going to try to jack things up with some running. Good luck.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think losing 4-5 pounds per week like she says is unrealistic and likely unhealthy. Losing 1/2 to 2 pounds per week on this program is a bit more realistic and definitely more healthy. I lost 4 pounds my first week, but that was probably a lot of water weight. For the first month, I lost 2 pounds a week. In month 2 I have lost 1 pound per week even though I'm working out MORE. It is easy to get frustrated, but I bet you feel stronger? You may not be seeing huge changes now, but you are healthier now. Try adding a bit more exercise, drink more water, and make sure you are logging every calorie. Don't give up! You would be doing such a disservice to yourself if you gave up.

BTW- The MFP calculations are not perfect. According to my diet and exercise, I should be losing 2 pounds per week-- but I lose 1 pound per week. I'm not saying you should lower your calorie intake or anything, but maybe get advice from your doctor on how much you should be eating.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    hello,

i need advice... i've been doing the body rev for 5 weeks now and i lost around 2 pounds only, yess i've lost some inches but since she's saying that the program is built to lose tremendous amount of weight....
    i'm 5'3 and weigh 218... i'm eating 1580 according to mfp to lose 1 pound a week... i'm spending arouynd 250 calories on each 30 min workout, which I thin is kinda low but i,m giving everything I can....

do you gys think that it's because i'm not following the meal plan?

It seems that a lot of us are having a similar experience. My stats are close to yours: I'm 5'0" and started JM at 206 pds and am now 200. I lost 6 pounds the first week and nothing after that.
    But the inches are rather impressive: at least 1-2 inches off each body part!!

I've been doing some reading up on this and have learned that losing INCHES is losing FAT, while losing POUNDS can be losing LEAN BODY MASS and fat. We do NOT want to lose LEAN BODY MASS at all if it can be helped.

It seems that the better measure of FAT LOSS SUCCESS is losing INCHES rather than POUNDS or by MEASURING TAPE rather than the SCALE.
    Think about it.
    I am and it's really helping me feel better about things.

Your calorie burn is actually VERY good~ I wear a HRM and burned 130ish for Weeks 1 & 2 and am now burning 160 or more in Weeks 5 & 6.

As for Jillian's comment about the weight loss: she herself called it CRAZY, SICK WEIGHT (loss) sooooo......
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

I've been doing some reading up on this and have learned that losing INCHES is losing FAT, while losing POUNDS can be losing LEAN BODY MASS and fat. We do NOT want to lose LEAN BODY MASS at all if it can be helped.

It seems that the better measure of FAT LOSS SUCCESS is losing INCHES rather than POUNDS or by MEASURING TAPE rather than the SCALE.

^^^ This! And inch should be celebrated like 10 pounds of weight!! You are losing fat but gaining muscle/retaining water building that muscle. Also when you start a new workout, it can take up to 6 weeks for your body to be used at working like that! Keep at it and would bet that all of the sudden you see a large loss all at once. Good luck!