Starting on the 16th

Options
2»

Replies

• azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too. I'm surprised how fast-paced the workouts are; but I LOVE them! I just finished p90x, so the exercises are not that HARD, but she transitions so much more quickly than I'm used to. Can't wait to keep trying new workouts!!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I started on 16th as well- but I skipped first two weeks, they seemed too easy for me (started from workout 3)--I've been working out prior to BR.

Did my Cardio 1 today- only burned 236 cals. Good luck to everyone, please post your results to keep all of us motivated :))))
  • allibean15
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you burn? I still dont know how to log in the workouts. What do you do?
    I have only done workouts 1 and 2. Need to do cardio tonight. I find the fast pace a little difficult. I twisted my ankle at one point. Not bad but I guess I just move too slow. Need to work on that.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Gotta be honest, all of that getting up and down is a little ridiculous and I think it's wearing down my knees. None the less Workout 2 wasn't so bad. I was going to do the Cardio today but I think instead of Jillian's Cardio I am going to do Turbo Jam. I miss Chalean. LOL
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    allibean - I bought an HRM (heart rate monitor) and I think that's my best fitness purchase so far! I bought a Polar FT7 on Amazon for $75. I put it on every time I exercise and it tells me how many calories "I" burn during an exercise, no more guesstimating!! Also spending that money gave me accountability and now I feel like if I don't exercise enough then I wasted all that money, so that gets me motivated (of course that was before I bought JMBR because now this is enough motivation to do my workouts every day :smile: )
  • Maddo2545
    Options
    So workout 1 was not to bad, I did not feel to sore the second day and was able to get through cardio and workout 2 pretty well. Im going to do the double cardio tonight and see how it goes. On another note, Im not following the kickstart diet too closely, there is no way i could get my husband to eat that much fish. That being said, I am just substituting with chicken and lean pork. also i am staying within my calorie limit on MFP.:smile:
  • tulip07
    Options
    I did Cardio 1 for the 3rd time and surprisingly I think I did better today. I didn't have to stop (just slowed down a couple times) and was able to stay with them through out the entire DVD. Yay!! That was huge, considering the first time I was totally out of breath before I completed the first circuit!

How is everyone else doing?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I got and started mine yesterday! Did woerkout 1 AND cardio 1. Was NOT a high calorie burner like INSANITY but it was fun!!! Looking forward to this evenings workout! Have a great workout today group!!!
  • allibean15
    Options
    Thanks so much! Ill look into that!:smile:
  • allibean15
    Options
    I am only on week one day three...well four today. I did the cardio last night...holy cow! Kicked my butt. I had to stop several times. I am hoping it gets easier. Back to wo1 tonight!
  • vhuber
    Options
    today was phase 1 workout 2, which I thought was awesome but to short! I also did 3 mile run on the TM and 8 miles on indoor bike!!!
  • danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Last day of week one tomorrow! Yay!
  • princess2boys
    princess2boys Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Last day of week one tomorrow! Yay!

Yippee!!! We made it a week .... And I'm even looking forward to week 2!

Christie
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I took the Sunday rest day yesterday. Cardio twice was not my friend and I have soccer on Sunday anyways, wouldn't be much of a rest for me. So just finished workout 1 (day 4 instead of five) today.

Looks like everyone's doing great, ahh it's so exciting that we're almost done this first week.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Today I did back to back phase one workouts 1 & 2! Tomorrow is cardio and then it is onto week 2 of phase 1.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    allibean - I bought an HRM (heart rate monitor) and I think that's my best fitness purchase so far! I bought a Polar FT7 on Amazon for $75. I put it on every time I exercise and it tells me how many calories "I" burn during an exercise, no more guesstimating!! Also spending that money gave me accountability and now I feel like if I don't exercise enough then I wasted all that money, so that gets me motivated (of course that was before I bought JMBR because now this is enough motivation to do my workouts every day :smile: )

I am currently saving up to get the exact same hrm - I'm curious how close have your hrm readings been compared to if you used mfp's circuit training on here under exercise? I can't wait to get the hrm to get rid of the shadow of unknown lol

I also started on the 16th and love it and am excited to start week 2 tmrrw! :) Feel free to add me! I'd love more friends who are working through this program!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 today, I really like workout 1 and 2. They are both very doable :)

Had a minorr wobble on Thursday and didn't do workout 1 so ended up forcing myself through back to back workouts 1 and 2 on Friday - it was hard, but I was so proud I made it through them both, I was smiling all day because of it!!!

Muscles feel like they are starting to recover a bit now, thank goodness, so I'm hoping for some weightloss this week (I gained 1.5lbs last week due to water retention in my muscles).

Hope everyone else is still getting on well - feel free to add me as I don't have any MFP friends doing body revolution yet

Steph x
  • allibean15
    Options
    Completed WO 1 week 2 today. Am I the only one but...Why do I feel like I am more tired doing it? I thought it would get easier but I feel like its harder? I had a REALLY bad eating week...maybe thats why. I cant seem to get both on track..eating and exercising. It's like I can focus on one but not the other! Ugh. Anyway, hoping to do better this week.

Tulip-thanks for the hrm suggestion again! I need to get that!:happy:
  • tulip07
    Options
    I stayed the same weight last week. But I am not worried at all. Because I worked out all week, I must have gained muscle, hence lost fat in order to stay the same weight :-) I haven't done strength training or circuit training in a long time, so I am sure I had quite a bit of water retention too. I made a note to self to be more mindful of water intake.

I also went and bought 8 lb weights and did my WO1 mostly with 8lbs as opposed to the 4lbs I used last week. So I am guessing I am going to be more sore this week :-) But yeah, bring it on!!

Started week 2 today, I really like workout 1 and 2. They are both very doable :)

Had a minorr wobble on Thursday and didn't do workout 1 so ended up forcing myself through back to back workouts 1 and 2 on Friday - it was hard, but I was so proud I made it through them both, I was smiling all day because of it!!!

Muscles feel like they are starting to recover a bit now, thank goodness, so I'm hoping for some weightloss this week (I gained 1.5lbs last week due to water retention in my muscles).

Hope everyone else is still getting on well - feel free to add me as I don't have any MFP friends doing body revolution yet

Steph x