JMBR NSVs!

Options
gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
Since many folks aren't seeing big drops in the scale, I thought it would be beneficial to start a thread on "non-scale victories".

Though I have lost some poundage, the benefits I've experienced since starting Body Revolution are mostly "non-scale" related (I started Week 5 this week)...

My non-scale victories are:

-- Starting to see more defined muscles (last weekend when Iifted my leg to scratch my thigh, I could feel solid muscle)
- Clothes I bought multiple years ago in the hopes of "losing weight" are now starting to fit...it's like shopping in my own closet!!
- I finally have a membership at the "gun show"...I have a bicep muscle!!
- Starting to feel more like the "self" I used to be in my early 20s (though I still have a chunk of weight to lose")
- Felt a more defined jaw when I was washing my face the other day...

I could go on and on...

How about you?

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Nice thread :)))
    I'm one of those Non scale victims :)Even though I've been losing inches since I started BR 4 weeks ago. So here's my list:

1. People started to notice that my shoulders and my armes look much more toned you can actually see some muscle

2. The other day I was doing one legged dead lifts and I noticed my legs looked so HOT :))) hehe, muscles on my legs were so tight and toned::glasses::glasses:

3. Me too, have more defined jaw, i guess my cheeks are getting smaller:laugh:
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I definitely have more energy, and my overall mood has improved dramatically. I'm not puffing going up the stairs either!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

Some of my NSVs:

1. My biceps, quads, and calf muscles are huge! My butt is also hard as a rock when I flex.
    2. Enjoying shopping in my own closet, too!
    3. I can do regular push-ups now!
    4. My "back boobs" have gone from a B or C-cup to nearly nonexistent (they may be AAs now).
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    My mother commented out of the blue that she could see how much muscle I've been gaining in my arms!

I love how strong I'm getting, and I love how much my posture has improved. I also love that my stomach is slowly disappearing. I can't wait to compare my before and after photos!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Gerbies - what a great idea for a thread! I know I have complained in a few threads that this program wasn't meeting my expectations in terms of weight loss, but you have really made me stop and think about what I have accomplished:
    1. I no longer have to use a pony-tail holder to connect my button to the buttonhole on my favorite black dress pants (that's our secret - I'll deny I ever had to do that!)
    2. I can slip my engagement and wedding rings off and on without my finger turning any shade of purple or blue.
    3. I do not have to "readjust for spillage" throughout the day and every one of my bras is comfortable enough that I don't say "Oh, thank goodness" - when I finally take it off at night.
    4. I blew through Cardio 1 like a knife through butter the last time I did it! Does Jillian want running man? I got it right here Jill!

Thanks for making me stop and think less about the loss and more about the gains!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I've already lost a few sizes in my bra. Before my heaviest (which was in November) I had gone bra shopping and was a size that I didn't think was available (DDD). I'm now in my 40D bras and looking forward to continuing to shrink.

My rings are spinning like crazy, too. The diamonds in my wedding band are channel set and is not fully enclosed underneath (to allow for light to reflect through and make the diamonds more sparkly). Well, last summer, my hands would swell in the heat and the bottoms of the diamonds would poke into my finger. I would notice about halfway through the summer my finger would get red from the diamonds rubbing. This year? Not happening!!

I'm actually already excited for future NSVs. I'm going home (where I grew up) for my 20-year high school reunion in early September. I haven't seen my parents since last May, so I'm excited to surprise them. I hope to be about 180-190 by then (I'll be doing another round of Body Revolution after this one is done in June). I haven't been under 200 lbs since I was 23 (I'm 37 now). Can't wait! Ironically, I was about 185 when I graduated high school, so hopefully, I'll look similar.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Nice reminders of how far we have come!

1. LOL on the back boobs! Diminishing, thank you! I find it's better to check those out when you are holding up your front boobs so they don't pull stuff down : )
    2. Love the biceps
    3. I like the feeling I get when I'm in plank position and pulling up my weights. I feel so strong!
    4. I saw myself walking toward a glass door the other day and I thought, "Hey, I don't look round!" That was nice.
    5. That dimple at the top back of the thigh. I've NEVER had those.
    6. Saddlebags seem to be gone
    7. I can see the beginning of ab muscles at the top.

I feel that I really need to bump up my cardio to burn more fat. The muscles are under there, but I wanna see them!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    my arms and shoulders look awesome. i can see my belly pooch shrinking. i have lower back dimples now. back is smoother. waist is smaller. so many changes!!!
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    I was able to pull on and zip up my 9/10 shorts. They were tight, but they went on and zipped. Muffin top is definitely diminishing, arms have more definition, chin is decreasing in size (the mole that is on my cheek is now almost comepletely under my chin. Yippee!!!
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have more energy and feel better in my jeans (they're not as tight in the waist).
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1. my clothes don't fit so i get to eventually go shopping all over again!
    2. i can do REAL pushups... multiple ones, in a row!!!
    3. my thighs are beginning to have a gap between them and they are so muscular
    4. a lot of my belly flab is gone and one day i'll see my abs!
    5. i can wear a sports bra and feel comfortable around people
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't have too many physical NSV's yet...although I do just feel a little bit trimmer...

HOWEVER, I just have way more energy than before, feel extra motivated , and can do the workouts easier and easier each time!!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Week 6.

1. I've had to buy all new pants and some new shirts (was wearing 36" pants when I started. I'm wearing 33" today).

2. The belt I bought in January no longer fits - I put it on today (with my new smaller sized pants) and it's actually just kinda hanging there in the front, not doing anything. When I bought it, I was on the first of 6 holes - today it's on the 6th hole but there's a gap between the belt buckle and the front of my pants. Lol

3. I flexed my pecs for the first time last night! Actually posted a thread on that one in the main "Success Stories" forum because it was so hilarious. I still have some moobs to work off, but it's nice to know that a) the moobs are slowly dissolving and b) I'm building up actual chest muscles.

Oh, and I'm with you all on jaw bones and leg muscles. I walked into an old favorite Starbucks store for the first time in a month or so, and my favorite barista greeted me with: "Holy Sexy Jaw Bones, Batman!" That was fun.

I was also squatting the other day and felt my thigh muscles... had to get my partner to come cop a feel, 'cause they felt like cement!

(According to the scale - I've only lost about 5 pounds)
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on your fabulous NSVs! These are mine....

(ETA...I'm also in the middle of week 6, but I'm really 8 weeks along...the past two weeks have basically been a do-over!)

1. The other day I couldn't figure out why my usual pair of black pants didn't fit quite as loose as they did the last time I wore them...until I got to work and checked the tag in the bathroom...they were my old black pants that were a size smaller!

2. When I do full military pushups on their own, I can now do WAY more than 2 or 3 before giving up.......however, it's a very different story when Jillian wants me to do some other crazy type of push up after she's already worn me out with several other sets of exercises, LOL!

3. I am really loving the way my legs are shaping up! I've always had muscular looking calves, but now my thighs are looking pretty solid too...except for that darn inner thigh area.

4. I was able to get a 70 lb.+ package up a short flight of stairs and into the house on my own the other day! (Okay, I didn't pick it up and carry it the whole way, but I was able to lift it to get it up the stairs so that I could scoot it into the kitchen!)
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...my NSVs thus far (I'm only in the middle of week 3):

1. My favorite, over all I've lost 22.75 inches in just 4 weeks!!!

2. At the beach last weekend I had to hold both my rings on my fingers for fear of them falling off in the Pacific!

3. I feel like I can accomplish ANYTHING now!

4. My tummy, though still way too big, is relatively flat compared to the big pregnant looking belly it used to be.

5. I'm wearing shorts I haven't been able to wear in a long long time!

I think that's about it for now :) Great thread!!!
  • nursetrev08
    Options
    Love this Thread. Its hard not to get discouraged when you jump on the scale and notice no wt loss. So I've decided to keep off the scale for now because the way I'm feeling just doesn't correlate. I've been on this life style change for months but very consistantly the last 4wks. My NSVs:

Feeling Great!!
    beginning to see definition in my arms, abds, and legs
    The best one of all, Making time for me , remembering that I count too and I Deserve "My time"
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this thread - very good idea!

1. When I used to workout before, no one really paid attention, probably because I was never doing it regularly enough. Now, in the evenings, our finished basement is MINE for about 40 minutes. My kids (9 & 3) know this and see it as part of OUR daily routine. They say things like, "Is is time for your workout?" or "How many calories did you burn this time, Mom?" or my 3 year old asks, "Can I help you stretch?" I sometimes allow her to participate during the cool down (never during the workout - I'm afraid I'll stumble into her or wack her with a weight!). This tells me that my kids are starting to view exercise (not just running and playing and riding their bikes) as a really important part of life and health - and they're interested!

2. Not only is there more room in my bra cups, but I also have to use the tighest hooks in the back!

3. Today I'm wearing jeans that I have not worn in almost 10 years. (so yeah, I'm in better shape, AND I also feel old -ha!)

4. I have the same belt problem! My black belt is way too big, but I still haven't replaced it yet, so I still wear it. On the tightest hole, the buckle just kind of hangs there, leaning forward, like a previous poster mentioned. It serves no purpose what-so-ever.

5. My husband mentions almost every time we hug or get close how he notices how "solid" I feel in certain places that I used to be mushy. :)

6. My butt? Let me tell you about my butt. I work in an office 5 days a week and for the most part, I'm at a desk. I try my hardest to get up and move, but my poor tush flattened out big time. Now? It's narrow, it's round and firm and I love it! Thank you squats!! (this is my favorite one) :smile:

Like everyone else, I'm still working on my pooch. If I could stop losing weight right now and keep my body looking the way it is now, I would - and only want to change my belly. It's SO frustrating. It's changing, but it's taking a loooong time. I'll get there!

Can't wait to read more!

Tanya
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    In Phase 1, I lost 3.5 lbs and 11.75 inches! I am glad at least the inches were up there!:smile:
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I have to add one because I meant to yesterday but forgot. In workout 4 you have to do butt kicks - for those who have done Jillian's dvds before, this move is nothing new nor surprising. However! Yesterday was the FIRST time in over a year of doing different JIllian Michaels dvds that I could actually kick my own butt. :laugh: It seems so random and I don't know why I have never been able to before but seriously I busted into the buttkicks and was like "holy $h!* I'm doing it right!" hahahaha I was so pumped I barely yelled at her during the rest of the workout. Previous times I just could never get my heels to kick my own butt and it would drive me nuts every time.So yea...lol there's my silly JMBR NSV.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So I have to add one because I meant to yesterday but forgot. In workout 4 you have to do butt kicks - for those who have done Jillian's dvds before, this move is nothing new nor surprising. However! Yesterday was the FIRST time in over a year of doing different JIllian Michaels dvds that I could actually kick my own butt. :laugh: It seems so random and I don't know why I have never been able to before but seriously I busted into the buttkicks and was like "holy $h!* I'm doing it right!" hahahaha I was so pumped I barely yelled at her during the rest of the workout. Previous times I just could never get my heels to kick my own butt and it would drive me nuts every time.So yea...lol there's my silly JMBR NSV.

I LOVE THIS NSV!! I am only on Phase 1..but I remember in one of her videos she had this side plank thing going...and I was like STRUGGLING....remembered the day well when I thought, "hey, this isn't that bad!!" it was a GREAT moment in JM history!