When is your next HM...or 1st?

Options
124»

Replies

• 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    My first half marathon is one month away, May 19th! Feeling ready for it...I think!
  • lcsmith1022
    Options
    My 1st is the Rock&Roll 1/2 in Virginia Beach on Sept. 2nd. Excited and motivated to start the training!
  • dellafiora3395
    dellafiora3395 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My first HM isn't until Veterans Day [November 11], so I've got a long wait. But I'm still getting a little nervous
  • Kim_meyer_gomama
    Kim_meyer_gomama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just completed the IU half Marathon (hilliest killer half marathon ever!). 2 hrs 51 min with a 1st aid stop at mile 6 for a messed up foot.

I took 3 weeks off running to weight traing (wow, I'm stronger than I thought)...back on to train for a 10K in 5 weeks.....then weight train then train for the Indianapolis Women's marathon.

I've been running (Jogging really...I wouldn't say sprinting either) for over a year and I have gained weight and 1 size...not lost anything.

I keep going cause I feel better but I sure wish I could see a difference in my body.
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I plan to run my first half Feb 2013. I hate the hot weather in the south and I just don't know if I can be ready by Nov 2 for the Rock n Roll in Savannah. I hope that by September I can up my mileage (I run about 6 miles 3x a week) and get serious about training! Run on!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I plan to run my first half Feb 2013. I hate the hot weather in the south and I just don't know if I can be ready by Nov 2 for the Rock n Roll in Savannah. I hope that by September I can up my mileage (I run about 6 miles 3x a week) and get serious about training! Run on!

It is still 28 weeks away until the Savannah race (I am running it so I know) if you run 6 miles now you should be able to do the half marathon no problem in 28 weeks.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I just completed the IU half Marathon (hilliest killer half marathon ever!). 2 hrs 51 min with a 1st aid stop at mile 6 for a messed up foot.

I took 3 weeks off running to weight traing (wow, I'm stronger than I thought)...back on to train for a 10K in 5 weeks.....then weight train then train for the Indianapolis Women's marathon.

I've been running (Jogging really...I wouldn't say sprinting either) for over a year and I have gained weight and 1 size...not lost anything.

I keep going cause I feel better but I sure wish I could see a difference in my body.

Great job! I would not want to do Bloomington's hills on foot or bike-- I am impressed! The Mini next weekend is my first half, and I was thinking about doing the Women's Half. I love the idea of it being a women's race and the medal from last year was so pretty. But Purdue will be having their inaugural half in October so I will have to chose between the two. A drink at Harry's after the race is pretty tempting...:drinker: