Level 3

Options
MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
For those currently on Level 3 of RI30, discuss!

Replies

• rachelulu81
    Options
    I started level three yesterday and this is the first time since day two of the 30 day shred that I've felt pain in my thighs! Surely a good thing?!

So, yeh i found it v tough!
  • FindingAnn
    FindingAnn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Level 3 better than level 2 but I hate that rock and roll move she has in the first circuit of strength.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    doing level 3 for the 3rd time i too hate those rock and roll things in fact i substitute it with another exercise!
  • Miabear722
    Miabear722 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm currently on day 4. I do like level 3 better than level 2. I agree about the rock and roll move. Those ski jumps at the end kill me for some reason!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I confess: I jog during the "rock n roll" rollbacks. Yes, that's right, I cheat! Maybe in my next 30 day rotation I'll be able to hack it but I have never once been able to get up properly from a rollback in my life!
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 done! Phew! This one feels like way more cardio than 1 or 2. Nice to not be in plank the whole time but phew! Let's see, what kills me on this one? The duck walks, jumping lunges, rock and roll move, ab hold, and twisting plank. I could actually feel it in my inner thighs during the workout, hoping that results in a gap! :)
  • danagettinfit
    danagettinfit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My knees are screaming at me!! Anyone else?
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow is all that I can say. I started Level 3 yesterday and I find it extremely difficult compared to 1 & 2. I consider myself to be in decent shape, but there were a couple of moves that I could hardly do even the modified version of. I might stay in this level longer than the 6 days I planned just to try to really get it down. Not sure if this level focuses on some of my areas I didn't realize were this weak, or if it is just this HARD!
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Yesterday was day 5 of L3 for me, and I finally felt like I was making progress. *Some* of the exercises felt easier(?), or maybe at least doable. Today will be my last day in L3 and tomorrow onto L4 -- I'm afraid!
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow is all that I can say. I started Level 3 yesterday and I find it extremely difficult compared to 1 & 2. I consider myself to be in decent shape, but there were a couple of moves that I could hardly do even the modified version of. I might stay in this level longer than the 6 days I planned just to try to really get it down. Not sure if this level focuses on some of my areas I didn't realize were this weak, or if it is just this HARD!

I completely agree! I'm not a super athlete but I have done a lot of JM workouts for the past several years and this was (by far) the hardest one (at least for me). I have bad knees so a lot of the moves (ok, most of the moves) I had to use the modifier! I probably will do it longer than 6 days, too. I couldn't do the rock n roll move so I just did squats - also I did tricep dips/push-ups using the edge of my step rather than in the table top position she was in. I don't mind "cheating" in hopes that I'll eventually be able to do the real moves (at least the beginner version). Good luck!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    OMG. Week 3 is tough...a MASSIVE step up from weeks 1 and 2. Day 1 was torture, I scraped through it, convinced there was no way I could do another 6 days of it. Day 2 was slightly better but massively modified. I just can not do the rock n rolls in one continuous motion, I struggle to get back up to my feet :/
  • amyonmyway1
    amyonmyway1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yeah , level 3, is freaking pain!!! lol , I had to go back and do another day or two of level 2. I felt like I wasnt giving 100 % ... I think I may be siking myself out on it though. Everytime I hit play on the DVD player , I cringe about level 3 , but level 2 has become ...well .. almost easy now . I know I need to AMP it up , and GET some , ...

I WILL DO THIS, I can do this ..
    I hope I can do this ...
  • BayleyBear512
    BayleyBear512 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level three today and I am scared D:

Lol! But I will try my best, I need to finish these 30 days!!!
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I Start level 3