Did your shape change after preganancy?

Options
fourluvbugs
fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
On of the group members asked a really interesting question in my intro thread. I don't want it to be buried there, because I'd love to hear about the experiences that all my apple girls have had with this:
I have a question for you Becca (and other apple mamas). How did getting pregnant/giving birth affect your hips? Did it make them more proportionate to your chest measurement? I'm banking on bigger hips when I have babies but maybe I shouldn't.
Here's my experience. I've had four babies, but since the last three I've been heavy. My heavy self looks a little more hourglass-y than my skinny self did before I had kids, so I guess here's hoping that my hips will be a touch wider (giving me the illusion of a waist HA!) after the weight comes off. Its all still overwhelmed by my big belly. Sigh.

So how about it apple mamas ... did your shape change with pregnancy and giving birth?

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ugh, ignore my mispelled title. I can't figure out how to spell check in IE at work. I'm a safari girl at home.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I don't really think my hips changed much. My shoulders are wide and my hips are more narrow. My stomach, which was already big, got even bigger though.
  • miss_september
    Options
    Ok, I don't have kids, but all of the women in my immediate family are apples, and one of my older sisters who does have kids (4 now) has gotten more hips since she had children. You could really tell after her first two, but since her last two she is almost a large as me, and carries her weight like the rest of us apples--big belly overwhelming! It's crazy, though, 'cause both of my older sisters were a size 3-7 all through highschool and into their early adult years, and I've always been huge compared to everyone else in my family (I am taller and have been larger than my brother since like 6th or 7th grade even), and while neither of my parents is thin anymore, my mom used to be so small she wore a little boys size 14 slim at 19 when she first met my dad! Sorry for the rant--I'm just the monster in my family =-). (and I mean that with endearment, not malice). Anyway, I was really inspired by some of the pictures that started this group, and endeavor to be a thin, fit looking apple and be proud of my hip-less figure =-).
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    I never really had a waist before kids, but I at least had the illusion of one. After kids, my stomach just got bigger and an wondering if I will ever have a one again.
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    I have a question for you Becca (and other apple mamas). How did getting pregnant/giving birth affect your hips? Did it make them more proportionate to your chest measurement? I'm banking on bigger hips when I have babies but maybe I shouldn't.

I never had an issue with being over-weight, etc., until after I got pregnant with my third. Once that pregnancy was over, everything went downhill with my weight. My stomach still looks 6 months pregnant (and my third child is 7), whereas before, even with my first two children, I had a pretty flat stomach. As far as hips go, no change there either, except for some extra weight in that area. I think the only thing that changed shaped was my boobs...went from "at attention" to droopy LOL.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My shape has changed a lot. I didn't know it did until I lost a lot of weight. I weigh only a few pounds more than what I weighed when I got married (March of 2004, about 175 or so I think, size 12-14) but my body is shaped SO much differently now. Whereas I used to have a very hourglass (Bettie Paige, if you will) figure, I'm more of an apple now because the weight seems to stick to my middle. It is getting better, though. My hips are a little wider, but not by much. I definitely don't have a great butt anymore (LOL) and my boobs are finally back to pre-pregnancy size.. sigh. I would like those back at least! LOL. Oh well, I'll take being healthy and smaller chested over unhealthy and large chested!