Introductions

Options

Replies

• HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My WOE'ing: 30 - 50 NET carbs daily, atleast 64 oz of water, and exercise atleast 3 times a week.
    Exercise will be in intervals as I build my endurance. (Example: I walked 8 mins on treadmill yesterday)

Don't be intimidated cause someone else is working out 20-30-40 min or more. They had to start somewhere too and build their endurance and strength too. They can encourage us!!!! They have been where we are.
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Yesterday, my carb intake was 60 gross and 41 net so I am right on target...wooohoo

Res, glad you were able to figure out a trigger food. Weird it causes you to gain. As you lose, maybe you will be able to include bananas and PB as a special treat!

Girl, you and Fireswan have your exercise on! I am NOT a morning person so the thought of exercising when I get up, does NOT enter my mind...LOL
  • damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Hammbone I am doing net carbs. Didn't do so well yesterday but today is a new day and I will try agian.
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Damunchi, today is a new day and a new start!!!! Keep moving forward and getting right back in the game and you will be a winner!!!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

For my WOE (such an appropriate acronym!), I am currently finishing out the low carb phase 1 of South Beach. Ideally that means carbs of 60 or less. Net that is. I like a lot of fiber in my diet, so I will not restrict that.

Resalyn- Sorry at your loss of the Banana and PB. I found out as an adult that I am also sensitive to peanut butter. I also find that the more "natural" the pb is, the more sensitive I am! That sucks! But, we learn, then we keep going, right? Time to find a totally new snack food that you can love just as much. Think of this as a time for experimenting with new healthy foods. :)
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Res, glad you were able to figure out a trigger food. Weird it causes you to gain. As you lose, maybe you will be able to include bananas and PB as a special treat!

Girl, you and Fireswan have your exercise on! I am NOT a morning person so the thought of exercising when I get up, does NOT enter my mind...LOL

A part of me loves the early morning workouts - and a part of me hates them with a passion. So far the "love" part is winning, LOL!

I have made general references to my WOE but I will describe it in a bit more detail....

I am following Eating For Life by Bill Phillips - and also doing his Transformation Challenge from his book "Transformation" - which includes strength training 3 days and cardio the other 3 days a week.

EFL promotes 5-6 "meals" a day - which actually can meet 6 meals, or 3 regular meals (with a protein and carb at each one) and 3 replacement shakes, etc. I am trying to keep my carbs under 150 a day,which really isn't LC, but I hope to get that down under 100 - and my goal is absolutely no white bread, white rice, or white sugar - no sugar at all, really. I make my own protein/replacement shakes cuz I'm cheap, LOL.

I am actually doing cardio 6 days a week and strength training 3 days a week because I am training for a Warrior Dash I've signed up for in July. That is a 5K "run" through the woods and there are obstacles - walls to climb, mud to crawl through, tires to bounce through - you get the idea. I won't be running it, I'll be walking it.

I don't run.........well, I do, but only if something really BIG is chasing me. Walking is just fine for me!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Res, I participated in a EFL challenge many years ago.
    I dropped a lot of inches. Weight loss was slow but I was building muscle. I mean I could tell a big difference in 2 weeks! Muscle definition but not bulky soo you go girl!!!

JC, great suggestion to replace certain foods with a new HEALTHY food!!! Maybe as we do this, we can share.
    I know when I crave sweets, I can eat a little PB on a celery stalk and it seems to satisfy the craving. (I am not a big PB eater, so this does not create an issue for me.)
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My name is Shauna. I am trying to lose around 50lbs. I would love to join in on this "low carb" thing with you all! I'm going to just follow Atkins and start on stage 1. Good luck everyone!! :)
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Welcome to the family Shauna! We are in this together and we are on our way to HEALTHY bodies. Glad you want to join us on the journey!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Ladies, my computer at home is acting up sooo it may be tomorrow while I am at work before I can check back in.

Have a LOSERS day and before you take the next bite, "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHY?"
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Good evening. Got my computer repaired so up and running again.

I am ending my day with a more carbs than I had planned but that is ok. I did not binge eat or eat out of boredom.

My gross carbs is 127 and my net carbs is 101.

How's everyone else doing?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I had a good day too.
    my internet was not working last night Both my I pad and big computer. It was the conections with At & T. Got a friend to come back and he
    got it all work out. Sure was glad.
    I am on the Carbohydrate Addicts diet and we don't count carbs
    Here is my menu for today

Breakfast : Egg omelet ===== i take two eggs spray pan butter spray in a oven safe plate. and Flatten the yolks with a fork and Whatever veggies i want Salt and pepper And arrange some cheese around the outside to make it crispie Bake for 15 to twenty minutes Nice and easy.

Lunch Big salad with chicken and blue cheese dressing

Dinner. State fair beef corn dog big salad with blue cheese dressing lots of raw veggies in salad
    My dessert was Banana puding. Made wih SF banana cream pudding and mini nilla wafers 2 T cool whip I used to buy a small containers of Walmart deli Banana pudding and thought it was so good and realize after about the third time it did not have any banana in it. so I thought I could make the SF banana pudding and used the mini nilla wafers in it with some cool whip on it. So this keep real well. So far I have been satify with just the one serving . Love it.

Hope everyone have a great week

615801y3q2lzpmwk.gif

marie
  • Resalyn
    Options
    My Fitbit says I climbed the Coit Tower today - 20 floors! I was ready for bed, took my Fitbit off and saw I was at 19, and told hubby - no way! I'm going to do some more stairs to make it an even 20! Hmmmph - him standing at the top of the stairs laughing at me was great movtivation....
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit says I climbed the Coit Tower today - 20 floors! I was ready for bed, took my Fitbit off and saw I was at 19, and told hubby - no way! I'm going to do some more stairs to make it an even 20! Hmmmph - him standing at the top of the stairs laughing at me was great movtivation....

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Love this!!! WTG girl!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Calie, glad to see you are back on and on track....woooo hooooo
    We had internet issues at home day before yesterday. I finally got us back on line last night.

REs, how did it look on the 20th floor??? Girl, you are rocking.
    I may have to check out one of those little fitbits. Southerngirl (Joy) has one and she loves her.
    Hmmmm, let me see if I can get her to join us!

Fireswan, how ya doing?
  • Resalyn
    Options
    REs, how did it look on the 20th floor??? Girl, you are rocking.
    I may have to check out one of those little fitbits. Southerngirl (Joy) has one and she loves her.
    Hmmmm, let me see if I can get her to join us!

LOL, the view was F-I-N-E fine fine fine from up there!

Oh I hope Joy considers joining us. She's such a riot!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    For those of you who are counting NET carbs: check out Mission's CARB BALANCE whole wheat tortillas. I buy the whole wheat tortillas.
    Nutritional info:
    80 cal
    13 carbs
    2 fat
    3 protein
    10 fiber

Total: 3 NET carbs!!!!
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My name is Sondra. Well I have been fighting the same 3 pounds off and then on again with out changing anything much so I am looking forward to the challenge. More exercise and less carbs. I have about 15 pounds to go total. I would be happy to lose 6 in the next six weeks. Just need to find my Atkins book for the meal plans.

SW 133 lb
  • musdoit2
    musdoit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. thanks for the invite.. My name is Sandi and I have been overweight for 15 years now.. I have fought it every step of the way and have not won yet.. I am hoping that I can do it this year and get to my goal weight by next summer.. sooner is better. I have a plan that once I get to my goal I plan to buy my dream bike .. and take a trip with my friend who already bought herself a bike this year.. Anyway I am ready to ATTACK this with All GUNS a BLAZING!!.. LOL
    The diet Plan I have chosen to start and get things rolling ASAP is the DUKAN Plan and I am starting with the ATTCK Phase this morning ... All Protein..No Carbs... I also want to get into some kind of routine with the exercise.. I will be seeing you and hopefully you will be seeing less of me... : - )

Starting weight
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Hey ladies, I apologize for all the confusion as I learn how to maneuver around this site.

I opened a new thread in the discussion for us to post in as it is a bit confusing to all us newbies to post in the introduction section sooo if you will bare with me, please start using the 6 week challenge thread to post daily in and if you want to add a thread for discussions, please feel free to do so.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Hope the new thread helps.....

WE ROCK