30's Daily - 4/25

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Hmm, I always seem to be the first one here! It must be because I'm a master procrastinator at work :laugh:

Fit into another pair of size 8 pants today :happy:

I'm having a heck of a time sticking to 40/30/30 c/f/p, I seem to average more like 50/30/20. I made a bigger effort in planning yesterday and ended up at 38/39/25 :ohwell: At least I was under for carbs. Anyone else having trouble hitting macros?

Neck still hurts! This is not good for race Saturday!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hope your neck gets better soon :frown: I wrenched mine the first week I tried lifting and was "out of commission" for a week.

I'm getting pretty good at the macros . . . if I go over on something it's usually the carbs by a couple percent. I find I typically have to find fats to add to my day - like the Omega-3 peanut butter. That's my stand-by. Sometimes the rosted soy nuts will help even things out too, but I'm already kind of sick of those. :tongue:

Back to the gym tonight - I'm start my last "week" of stage 1 NROL4W, then it's the bonus workouts and on to stage 2. I'm really anxious about it because I have to learn a whole new set of "moves" and most of them aren't in my handy-dandy strength-training app so I'll have to wing it. Feel dumb carrying a book around the weight room, but it may come to that. :ohwell:

Oh, and according to my Biggest Loser scale, I've dropped 0.5% body fat. :happy:

Have a happy hump day everyone!!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!:wink:

I'm still working on this water thing. Don't know why it is so hard.:sad:
    I'm little sore so I will be in the therapy pool today.

Enjoy the rest f your day!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi Folks, I hope everyones having a good day. Had a good day at work today and managed to get all my busy work done before the rain came. Once the rain comes it's amazing how easy it is to find paperwork to do. Felt good today. Having a lazy night to myself last night really helped me recharge. Going to surf the wave (considering the weather today that might just happen) and head to the gym later. In other non diet related news the awesome t shirt i ordered to wear when i go and see The Avengers turned up today. And when i say awesome i mean it's AWESOME!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    ^^^^
    That sounds AWESOME. :bigsmile:

My sister-in-law already bought her tickets to see it . . . I wouldn't mind seeing it. I've always had a thing for Robert Downey Jr. :love:
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    ^^^^
    That sounds AWESOME. :bigsmile:

My sister-in-law already bought her tickets to see it . . . I wouldn't mind seeing it. I've always had a thing for Robert Downey Jr. :love:

I think everyone has a thing for Robert Downey Jr. Not me though although i do have a slight man crush on Mark Ruffalo :wink:
  • shorty313
    Options
    I love both Robert Downey Jr and Mark Ruffalo! Another weird celebrity crush I have is Paul Rudd. :blushing:

I decided my problem with outdoor running is thirst, so I took at bottle of water with me this time and allowed myself to stop for 30 sec and drink water every 3 songs, or roughly a mile. I was able to finish 2.8 miles this way no problem! I must have looked at my watch wrong when I started, no way I finished that length in 29 minutes, must have been 34, lol!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'll pass on robert downey, but i'll take mark or paul anytime!

trying to get back into gear these days. my mom is going through some emotional issues and it's hard to stay on top of it sometimes. i seem to soak up negativity like a sponge when my mom is concerned. but i'm truckin' through and so is she. happy hump day to everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Sooo, today I seem to have had a Trader Joe's Pretzel Slims incident. I went ahead and tried to track it into my journal. It probably had something to do with me not eating anything until 11:30am... Luckily I will probably be going to the gym twice today.

Debbie - Thank you so much for starting the thread everyday! For awhile I was doing it in the evenings so that it would be there in the morning for everyone in different time zones. Then I got busy and it was so cool to see that the thread lived on!! I know we all appreciate finding it here when we log on! On a different note, have you seen a doctor about your neck?

Susan - The second stage of NROWL is much much harder than the first. Brace yourself. When we first started doing it it too us almost two hours to finish it (though we were working in a group of three). Eventually you will get to shave that time down to about an hour. I had a lot of trouble with the Front Squat/Push Press. It was KILLING my wrists so I eventually switched from the olympic bar to kettle bells and that helped a lot. I love that the program has a clear progression - in stage one you are building total muscle mass with a focus on basic movements and in stage two you progress to doing more difficult balance movements that help build finer muscle strength with the support of the overall muscle strength you have built. Sadly I have never done stage three... We'll get there someday!

Is it just me or does this seem like it might be a fantastic summer for action movies? I do usually like action movies that much but it seems like a lot of this summer's trailers show promise. I've decided I will see any action movie that gets a 67 or higher on Metacritic with some built in flexibility if something comes highly recommended.

Ok better go get ready for the gym. Later.

SG
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    lilpe5512 - Do we have a name or a nickname for you? I find that measuring out how much water I need for the whole day helps me meet my goal. I keep it in the fridge all together and grab it as I need it. When you said you were going to the therapy pool my brain was just like "ohhh, warm!" It might be a little chilly in my house... :-)
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    I can always start the thread if you like. Thanks to the time difference i tend to come online when you guys are all asleep.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm holding out for Prometheus for summer movies. I'll probably even have to go by myself, unless of course I manage to find a date by then :smile: , but I won't mind! Ridley Scott back directing a new Alien movie, so excited! oh, excuse me while I have a sci-fi nerd moment.

Susan, Sara Grace- I will second the stage 2 is so much harder! I did my first A workout last night and wow! I felt pretty good doing all the moves even though I was really intimidated by the front squat push press and nearly fell over doing the DB one point rows and added in some kind of fancy hip swagger to the wood chop move inspired by "I'm Sexy and I know it" playing on my iPod, but hey, I'm sure it was entertaining for the guys in there! It took me about 40 minutes on my own. But I gotta say I felt fantastic when I left and can't wait to go give B a shot tomorrow!

Debbie-I had a really hard time meeting my macros and found (sorry TMI) that when I was hitting them it was really messing with my digestive system. I could only attribute it to a possible meat protein intolerance or the fact that I pretty much had to cut out all fruit to keep my carbs down. Either way I just decided to stop focusing on the carbs and just focus on increasing protein in a way I was comfortable with and not worry about keeping my carbs down.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Ellie - that's interesting...I've noticed some differences digestive speaking since hitting high protein numbers every day. I will have to pay closer attention to it.

SG - is there any way for us to pin the daily thread, or is that something only you can do?

Paul - if you are on and want to start the thread, go for it! I figured I was the only one with something to say so early :tongue:

I found an ice pack at work and was able to ice my neck on and off all day and ti seems to be helping. It actually felt good to run too.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hey all!
    Just got back from an hr workout and really pushed myself! yeeah! Now just praying that I don't get a full blown migraine.

So, far this week, I have worked out for 110 min and 1229 cal burned... doing good!

Oh and 8+ glasses of water 2 days in a row...

Came home from working out and smelled pizza in my building...it smelled sooo good! I really want some. That's one thing that's hard about apt living for me...all the different foods I smell, drives me crazy! ugggh. Gotta be strong!

Oh and the pizza was being delivered when I walked into the building, and I sooo wanted to snatch it up and run! oooh boy!

Hope you all are having a good day!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Oh and the pizza was being delivered when I walked into the building, and I sooo wanted to snatch it up and run! oooh boy!

I would've totally covered you!!
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

This summer is going to be great ofr movies, I can hardly wait for Prometheus! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Aliens movies, and I love me some Michael Fassbender so it's all good. I'm also looking forward to Ted the Movie. The first time I saw the red band trailer I laughed so hard I cried.

Today was a pretty decent day aside from the gloomy cool weather we're having. I took my workout into the gym since it was too cold for outside. I made the arc trainer my *****, but got schooled by the stairmill. Note to self do the stairs first. :tongue: I am a little discouraged, but only because the gym I go to has gotten CRAZY busy. It's near my office, which is good, but it's also bad because I really can only go after work since it's way too far to go home first. It's nearly impossible to do weights anymore since it's so over run. Hopefully a location opens up near my house this year otherwise I might have to find a new gym. C'est la vie.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    haha, I've never been censored before on MFP...I didn't know the "b" word was still considered a swear. :laugh:
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Debbie - I think you have to be a moderator to pin. The option is called "sticky" for some reason. It's on the same line with "edit", "reply" "quote" etc. Ask Stacy (chanstriste13) if she will add you as a mod. It might make sense for maybe you and Paul to have access to those features. Strangely, the moderators can edit other people's posts! I accidentally hit edit today when I was trying to reply and discovered it. So only use your power for good! :-)

Ellie - Your time is probably much more accurate than mine. We had three people trading off the whole time. Next work out you get to add in the interval training! Oh the joys...

Amanda - Maybe you can buddy up with someone who is already working on the machines? Everyone needs a break when lifting, right? Requires a high level of outgoingness/ willingness to receive weird looks, I suppose. :-) Shocked by the language! Just shocked. ;-)

Night all!

SG
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options

I would've totally covered you!!

Good to know! ;)