Welcome!

Options
Hi Everyone! I thought I'd start a post so everyone can introduce themselves.

My name is Caitlin. This will actually be my third attempt at Turbo Fire. The first time I just didn't stick with it. Then I restarted it a few months ago and was very diligent about staying on track...until my DVD player decided to break on me and by the time I got a new one my motivation was lost. So basically, Im going to be 30 at the end of July and I am determined. Hopefully starting this group will help me to stay on track.

Replies

• hpage84
    hpage84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

This will be my first time trying Turbofire. I started trying to get healthy in late February when I started Insanity, which I'll finish on Saturday (thank God). It's been a little too intense for my liking, and I haven't gotten the results I wanted, despite working hard and eating the 1750 calories the nutrition guide told me to eat. My tush is more lifted and I have decreased cellulite on my thighs, but I haven't put much of a dent in my waist yet. I'm hoping that Turbofire will help me with that. I'm also starting to try to go a little lower on my calories - maybe I'm underestimating them when I log and that why not much has changed yet. I'm thinking I'll get a food scale this weekend so I can be more accurate.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Turbofire - I previewed the DVDs and I think I'll enjoy working out rhythmically to fun music. I like to dance!
  • edahl9689
    Options
    Hello,

I recently ordered a used copy of Turbo Fire and I am hoping to get it in a few days. I have been up and down with my weightloss the last four years and my goal this summer is to get back into shape. I tried to do P90x a few months back but the time commitment was too much with school, internship, work, and family issues. I will be graduating with my bachelors degree a week from Sunday, and beginning grad school classes shortly after. I have finished my internship and my last class is today so with free time I am hoping to be committed to working out and eating right. I have heard great things about Turbo Fire so I am looking forward to trying it. I plan to update my weight and measurements within the next few days. In addition to doing Turbo Fire I will probably continue to do a few additional workouts at my gym...probably just basic cardio since I have a lot to lose! I recently got the GNC total lean shake meal replacements and I am hoping to utilize those. I am looking forward to finally getting this college weight off and getting back into shape!
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have started and stopped TurboFire (as well as TurboJam) about five or six times now as I work full-time, have two kids, and a husband who travels/works crazy hours for part of the year.

Now that I given my list of excuses (ha!), I'm hoping you guys can help keep me stay committed to TF for more than a week at a time. Besides, I'm tired of re-learning the routines every couple of months. ;)
  • lillypad1008
    Options
    Hello Everybody!! My name is Cecilia. I will be starting TurboFire on May 7th. I am currently doing the 10 day Zumba challenge which I love but its time for something different. I am a full-time mother of 6, I am taking fitness and nutrition courses online right now. I work 40 hrs a week in a medical office. My youngest child will be 4 in June and well since then, I have been struggling with my weight. I had an emergency c-section (first by the way) and its been so hard to lose the belly from it. I knew it was going to be a challenge to lose it since its a muscle that was cut into. I am hoping with this group and all the new ppl i meet that together we can all achieve our goals!

Pls add me if you would like! Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!

~Cil~:happy:
  • Swurl25
    Swurl25 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Stephanie and I am 30 yrs old. I have been doing TF since Feb. 16 and have lost 15 lbs. not as much as I had hoped for but I think I need to work on my calories. TF burns a lot of calories and I really underestimated that and the weeks I get 0's on the scale is really discouraging. My coach told me to go up to 1850 calories and I've been afraid to do so but I think I'm going to try why not what's the worst that can happen I don't lose anything well I'm kinda getting use to that. I am starting fresh Monday morning and I think I'm going to do the inferno plan first this time then jump into my 20 week plan. I get so frustrated but I love TF so much and I really don't want to try anything else. I wish I could just get consistent weight loss every week! I love the thought of joining this group we can all support and motivate each other.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im Amy and a Navy wife whos hubby is currently deployed and mother to 3 kids ages 7,5,2..My journey started july ,27th 2011 so just hit the 9mth mark and havent missed a day of loggin..GO ME!!! :happy: I first started using JM 30DS,6week 6 pack and then went to the gym and did some LES MILLS classes..i still go to the gym 2x week for bodypump and now on Week 2 day 2 of Turbofire and LOVIN it!!..I did the 5day inferno plan and mostly stuck to the food that she has planned out and lost 3lbs and 5.25 over all inches..Hope to lose a few more lbs and have a rocking bod when hubby comes back :tongue:
  • hpage84
    hpage84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If any other new-to-TurboFire people are reading, you should check out the starter class online:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire-fire-starter-class-video.do

I just finished it (I couldn't bear to face another max plyo session from Insanity - I REALLY don't like that one). It's a nice little workout and you get some practice with the moves. A couple of them are a little problematic for me because I have a snapping hip (not painful, just distracting), but we'll see how it goes - maybe I'll figure out how to position my pelvis so that it's comfortable. It's only 40 minutes, but I was working out for an hour because I kept rewinding to get a little more repetition. Lots of fun!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My name is Mariah, I'm 18 and A mother of a toddler, this will be my first time doing TurboFire here on 4/30. I have lost 58 pounds so far and I have 57 to go, 31 until I hit my pre-pregnancy weight. All week I have been practicing the moves using the above link for the Starter Class. I must say I've gotten a lot better at it. I'm ready to start and see results from myself and everyone else! :happy: I hope to lose at LEAST 30 pounds, hopefully quite a bit of inches. Good luck to all of you and don't give up! As Chalene Johnson says "YOU'RE NOT TIRED!"
  • amatoryrose
    Options
    Well my name is Abigail and I started doing TurboFire about two weeks ago but then I had to take a trip and everything got screwed up.
    Anyways I'm going to restart monday and I figured why not join a group.

A little about me.
    I'm newly 19 and on Easter I decided that it was time for a change. Ever since I was 17 I kept adding a little weight here and a little weight there, well now I'm up to 158lbs and I have a double roll now. I recently saw my cousin's girlfriend and that was the final moment for me. She is a year older than me and is heavier than I am. Now that my best friend is coming out to see me this summer I do not want to be heavier than I use to be.
    I've always kinda hated my body but never did anything about it until recently.
    One of my other friends is doing this program with me which will help me keep in line of actually doing the workouts when she texts me "I'm awake". We decided that we don't really want a rest day, we will be doing some kind of mild program because not doing it every day will make us lazy and not stick with it.

Oh before photos of how I look now? below

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/amatoryrose/Weight loss/

My end goal is to lose my stomach fat area and tone everything up, if I accomplish that I will finish my tattoo on my new body that I love.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    BTW- If you ordered TF within the last few weeks youll get the re-vamped schedule that has the new Fire Starter and LOW HIIT workouts on it..so some of us will have the new schedule and some old..I have the new one and liking it so far..today is week 2 day 4 for me so im a little ahead of ya'll..i started TF on a thurs so i do thurs,friday,sat-REST then 6 days straight of Pushin Play!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    My name is Cyndi and I will be 40 in June. I wanted to be at my goal weight by then, but I have hit a major plateau! I have already completed 12 weeks of TF, the I did Insanity, and I'm finishing P90X. I will be starting TF 5/7 and I plan on doing the full 20 weeks since I have the advanced DVDs now. I have 24 pounds to go to get to my goal weight and I'm hoping to get there with TF!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name's Kendra. I'm 24. Back around August one of my best friends told me she wanted to diet & she found this cool exercise program, Turbo Jam. She wanted me to do it with her. I said no at first. Honestly, I was scared & I think most people who don't try 2 lose weight when they're unhappy with themselves are scared too. Losing weight takes a big commitment & a lifestyle change. I didn't know if I could do it, but I agreed. I started buying lower cal stuff (mostly frozen processed junk) and I order Turbo Jam. My hubby didn't believe I would stick to it. Most people didn't, because truthfully, I had said I was going to lose weight before & only half tried maybe a week or so & gave up. Well I made them eat their words! While I never exercised as much as I should & ate a lot of processed junk, by March I had lost 42lbs. I had also gotten Fat Burning Elite for Christmas so I had being doing tho along with Turbo Jam. My friend who I was in this with had gotten TurboFire for Christmas & I finally decided to get it. I got it for my bday at the end of March. I finished month 1 2day! I hope to lose 20lbs with this & get rid of my belly! Let's do this girlies!
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    My name is Danica and this is the first time I'll be doing Turbo Fire. I have a hard time with things that move as fast as this does, but I am hoping to stick with it. I have done Insanity in the past and just love it. I hope that I'll love this, in time, too!
  • asianmom77
    asianmom77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Felma. I will be starting TF on 5/7 as well. We have a beach vacation coming up in July and I would love to be able to get back into my old swimsuit and actually look decent in it. I used to be active in team sports and remember what it felt like to be fit...I would LOVE to get that same feeling again. I am hoping to accomplish both with TF, and with the help of this group, maybe I'll be to stay on task :-) and do just that! Thank you for starting this group!