Restaurants in Ohio

Options

Replies

• MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for stocking me up on date night ideas for the fiance! I am scared of sushi, but intrigued by Edamame as well as Northstar.

I live in New Albany, I'd love to know about the organic type restaurant that was mentioned.

A favorite of mine is Mongolian BBQ. Love being able to customize!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ok far from healthy, but have any of you C-Bus people heard of Pig Iron I think on High St. I have been there a few times and is awesome, real BBQ. In Toledo you need to try Tony Packo's, and for sushi.. nagoya.

Oh, that reminds me! City BBQ! Yeah, not too healthy, but tasty, nonetheless (if you're meat fanatic, at least). They're all over Ohio (and it's a local chain that started in Upper Arlington (Columbus)).
    Thanks for stocking me up on date night ideas for the fiance! I am scared of sushi, but intrigued by Edamame as well as Northstar.

Otani, on the corner of Busch Blvd and 161 in Westerville is a fantastic sushi place (and nice enough for date night). For something a little more casual, there's Sushi Ko, off of High St, right off the Rt 23/High St exit on the north end of I-270 (Westerville/Worthington area). They have half-price sushi night on Tuesdays.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love First Watch in downtown Columbus. They have an amazing egg white omelet, with spinach, tomato, turkey and feta (it comes with onions but i don't like them). SO good!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love First Watch in downtown Columbus. They have an amazing egg white omelet, with spinach, tomato, turkey and feta (it comes with onions but i don't like them). SO good!

There is a First Watch in Mayfield Heights also. I agree.....good, healthy food....try the tri-athlete omelet!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

There is a First Watch in Mayfield Heights also. I agree.....good, healthy food....try the tri-athlete omelet!

I have been to The First Watch in Westlake and agree, awesome place!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Not a restaurant but when I grew up this bakery by some sisters I believe made the best in Trotwood.

http://mysportprincess.blogspot.com/search/label/Game Day Goodies
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For healthy I'm liking Unos Chicago Grill (Columbus) and Subway (Columbus).

Fave food but not so healthy is Hooters. LoL I know I'm a chick but their grilled chicken pasta salad is awesome!

Place Ohio needs: McAlester's deli. Went there in South Carolina and it was awesome!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not a restaurant but when I grew up this bakery by some sisters I believe made the best in Trotwood.

http://mysportprincess.blogspot.com/search/label/Game Day Goodies

Do you live close to Trotwood at this time?
  • misscherrydarling85
    misscherrydarling85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in cleveland. there's a place in Parma called Hot Dog Diner. Its amazing!! I'm a sucker for chili cheese fries!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Al's Pizza in Sidney, Ohio. Also in Troy. Best pizza I have ever had.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We used to live in Dayton and our favorites when we are there to visit family is Golden Nugget and Marion's Pizza. Golden Nugget's potato soup is amazing and their fish sandwich. We used to eat there all the time when we lived there and when we visit they still know who we are and what we order. Sad, so sad. LOL. Let's just say Marion's is the best pizza around if you like thin crust! YUMMY.

We live in the Canton area now which is restaurant haven or should I say heaven (can you tell I don't like to cook) LOL. Not sure I really have a favorite that isn't a chain. Wait....Two Fat Guys (ribs, chicken, etc) and the mexican restaurants!

Welp now I'm hungry!

I use to live in Dayton also and Marion's is great
  • columbus27
    Options
    We use to love the Great Harvest Bread Co in Pickerington. But they are gone now.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Nicholson's downtown Cincy, or the Lube in Milford.

LOVE Nicholson's!! QSLube is good too -- they have a really good salad in the summer (that I can't remember what it's called offhand).

I've not really found any healthy place to eat though (I'm in the Cincinnati area). I can find the stuff that's low in calories/fat, but the Sodium! It just goes through the roof when eating out :(

*edit to say - I agree with some others about First Watch! I go to the one in either Downtown Cincy on 7th St. or the one that's up in Kenwood. So Good!!!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We use to love the Great Harvest Bread Co in Pickerington. But they are gone now.

There is still one in Westerville! I've never been, though.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Al's Pizza in Sidney, Ohio. Also in Troy. Best pizza I have ever had.

I am taking this statement back. I found a barbeque pizza from Al's yesterday. One bite and I threw the rest away.:laugh:
  • columbus27
    Options

There is still one in Westerville! I've never been, though.

I didn't know that. Got to make the trip. They let you sample the bread first.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Has anyone been to the Black Creek Bistro in Columbus by chance? We have reservations there tonight as we're coming up from Cincy for a concert and the menu looks delicious.. (not particularly healthy.. but delicious none the less)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been to the Black Creek Bistro in Columbus by chance? We have reservations there tonight as we're coming up from Cincy for a concert and the menu looks delicious.. (not particularly healthy.. but delicious none the less)
    I've been there a couple of times. It's really yummy and the owner is really hands on and cool (he's always there it seems like, wears a khaki hat). Always pick a few things you might want to try though since the menu is super fresh, so they do run out of dishes occasionally.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    I loved that the menu was so fresh; I wish there were more places like that around. Ended up getting the Slow Roasted Duck w/ Gnocchi. It was rich, but delicious!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I dont have a favorite healthy place, but I do have a favorite. It is The Works in Loveland, Ohio. It is Lovelands old Water Plant turned into brick oven pizza place. Soo yummy and so much history in the building.

I must try this!!! I've lived in Cincinnati all my life and have never heard of this place!