One week down....

Options
AnDCorby09
AnDCorby09 Posts: 24 Member
... so many more to go :) I just started this diet last Friday (4/20) and so far I have lost 9 lbs. I am in love/ borderline obsessed with the Paleo diet. It seems to be working great for me. How many lbs/kgs have people lost on this? I'm looking for some insight into peoples success story's, especially those who don't work out all that much, and struggles. :smile:

I'm also looking for some friends on here so I can have some inspiration for my food diary. I always keep mine public.

Replies

• kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so glad I had a good friend that turned me on to paleo. I thought I'd miss all the pasta and cheese but I haven't (yet). I'm on day 14 and have lost 11.5 lbs so for and am loving the food that I am cooking and eating. I have been struggling with weight for years as well as PCOS (which I hear paleo eating helps-yay!) and slowly lost weight but then stopped...I can't say that I haven't worked out - I swam, took krav maga, personal trainer - so, now I'm walking and doing my own workouts at home and using the extra money for the good quality foods that I need. I really think exercise is important so maybe try to start with a short (20 min or so) walk every day for a couple weeks and then build it from there. You will feel so much better just doing a small amount of exercise.

I've still got a long way to go but this way of eating has me excited about my goals. My diary is open to friends, feel free to add me and keep up the good work!
  • jpmerc423
    jpmerc423 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great start.
    I am in love/ borderline obsessed with the Paleo diet. It seems to be working great for me.

One of the reason's it works is that it can be done with far less sacrifice than other diets. After four months, in fact, I don't feel deprived at all. I am rarely hungry and I no longer crave any of the stuff that is not paleo. This will hopefully allow you to stick with it for the long term (perhaps forever).
    How many lbs/kgs have people lost on this?

The paleo lifestyle will naturally gravitate a person to their natural genetic potential (which is some degree of lean). To truly be healthy, some exercise is highly recommended, but it doesn't need to be much. How long it takes will vary, but again this is a lifestyle that one can stick with for the long run, and so if you do, you will get there.

Good luck!

~ Joe
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's so wonderful to hear of your success! Isn't it great to be able to eat delicious food, satisfying food and still lose weight?

If you're interested, we've got a ketogenic diet challenge starting on Tues, May 1st. I don't know if you're going that low carb or not, but if you are, and would like some extra support, we'll be there. It's just a 30 day challenge to stay in ketosis, where you burn your own body fat for fuel. We'd love to have you! But even if this is not for you, I'm very very happy for your success!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It's been over a year for me ... you can read how it worked for me on my profile. Don't miss baked goods, grain stuff anymore, despite really enjoying baking homemade bread, pasta etc., in the past. I do miss ice cream but dairy gives me a huge stomach ache now so use coconut milk instead and it's close enough. Have not been a regular exerciser except for walking and plan to get back to running again and lifting some weights; exercise was not essential to my weight loss but everyone is different.